• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Myth of Male Power[W:166,W:829]

Re: Myth of Male Power

Women have to be hard asses if they want to be taken seriously because of some of the attitudes displayed here. Let's face it, it's still a patriarchal based society in which we live.

Well, just look around, Chris. Why are women so stupid that they end up having guys freeload off them for years? That they put up with man **** for so long before they move on? You know the type -- and there's plenty of them. Why do so many of them work 'til exhaustion managing the house while their husband cuts the lawn? Many women (oh, boy, am I EVER generalizing here) can't even form partnerships at home or with their significant others - much less in the workplace.

I'd better stop. I'm going to get in trouble. Ha!

Well, just look around, Chris. Why are women so stupid that they end up having guys freeload off them for years? That they put up with man **** for so long before they move on? You know the type -- and there's plenty of them. Why do so many of them work 'til exhaustion managing the house while their husband cuts the lawn? Many women (oh, boy, am I EVER generalizing here) can't even form partnerships at home or with their significant others - much less in the workplace.

I'd better stop. I'm going to get in trouble. Ha!

Okay, but the guys in those situations are dumbasses too. :mrgreen:

And one of the co-founders of Google was an immigrant.

I've got no problem with LEGAL immigrants. I welcome them with open arms.

Women have to be hard asses if they want to be taken seriously because of some of the attitudes displayed here. Let's face it, it's still a patriarchal based society in which we live.

Nonsense. My female boss is a hardass, and she is one of the worst (micro)managers I've ever had the misfortune of working under. I've worked under men who are mellow, yet still effective managers. My coworkers all say they like male bosses better, and they're women.

Nonsense. My female boss is a hardass, and she is one of the worst (micro)managers I've ever had the misfortune of working under. I've worked under men who are mellow, yet still effective managers. My coworkers all say they like male bosses better, and they're women.

Nonsense! You're personal experiences mean nothing.

Complete truth. Even you were arguing about population growth until you got pwned when I showed that the population is growing.

No, you simply fail to understand basis mathematics. :roll:

Projections show our population will continue to grow. You're just making stuff up.

Right, I'm "making stuff up."

Decline in Fertility Rates, Recession Cause Global Social Security Problems

Why a Falling Birth Rate Is a Big Problem

If you want to play the part of the braying donkey here and bury your head in the sand, be my guest.

It will not, however; change the way things are. The simple fact of the matter is that our failure to replace ourselves within the general population is going to cause problems.

We have a 200+ year old trend of population growth, and you think that means the trend is downwards! :lamo

The level of ignorance you are displaying here is basement thread worthy. lol

For how many of those 200 years was it normal for women to only have one or two children in their life time? :roll:

Says the guy who just said that our 200+ year history of population growth shows a trend to declining population :lamo

You finally got something right

Both links discuss fertility rates, not population growth.

Our population is GROWING, not shrinking!

It will not, however; change the way things are. The simple fact of the matter is that our failure to replace ourselves within the general population is going to cause problems.

Our population is growing, not shrinking.

The population is growing, not shrinking!

Decline in Fertility Rates, Recession Cause Global Social Security Problems

Why a Falling Birth Rate Is a Big Problem

If you want to play the part of the braying donkey here and bury your head in the sand, be my guest.

For how many of those 200 years was it normal for women to only have one or two children in their life time? :roll:

I disagree with your entire premise. I believe the population declines as a RESULT of economic factors. People don't have those large families anymore because it is just not feasible in our current times.

Stop talking the talk and walk the walk!

Marry a bitch!

Shhhiiite... Rush a guy why don't ya?

I got time. It's hardly my fault that our society is structured in such a way as to make it basically impossible to get a stable financial life going before the age of thirty.

Isn't the President of the United States the product of an unwed single mother? :lol:

Not really helping your case with that one. :lol:

(Also, weren't they married? At least temporarily?)

Not really helping your case with that one. :lol:

(Also, weren't they married? At least temporarily?)

Regardless, his father was obviously not much involved in raising him, and whether or not you agree with his policies, you can't do much better than President of the United States. :)

I disagree with your entire premise. I believe the population declines as a RESULT of economic factors. People don't have those large families anymore because it is just not feasible in our current times.

Agreed. His argument is that lower fertility rates are the result of cultural trends relating to gender norms, promiscuity, hook-up culture, hedonism, and on and on. Reality shows that all nations, regardless of those cultural factors, experience lower fertility rates as they become more prosperous.

Take China for example. They have a rigid culture when it comes to gender norms, but their fertility rate has decreased as their prosperity increased.

Says the guy who just said that our 200+ year history of population growth shows a trend to declining population :lamo

And again, for how many of those 200 years was the fertility rate 1.8? :roll:

Both links discuss fertility rates, not population growth.

Our population is GROWING, not shrinking!

three-blind-mice.jpg

Shhhiiite... Rush a guy why don't ya?

Going by traditional norms, you've waited too long already

I got time. It's hardly my fault that our society is structured in such a way as to make it basically impossible to get a stable financial life going before the age of thirty.

Plenty of kids your age have been able to create a stable financial life for themselves. Don't blame society for your decisions.

Agreed. His argument is that lower fertility rates are the result of cultural trends relating to gender norms, promiscuity, hook-up culture, hedonism, and on and on. Reality shows that all nations, regardless of those cultural factors, experience lower fertility rates as they become more prosperous.

Take China for example. They have a rigid culture when it comes to gender norms, but their fertility rate has decreased as their prosperity increased.

Meh, I really wouldn't use China as an example because of their communist policies.

Meh, I really wouldn't use China as an example because of their communist policies.

Fair enough, but it's also true of a number of African nations. Also the Five Tigers (in Asia)

It is perfectly feasible to raise a large family. It simply requires that people cut down on personal luxuries a bit.

That's precisely why most people aren't willing to do it.

As I've pointed out before, it is, ironically enough, the poor who are having the most children in our society. The wealthy are the ones slacking.

A certain degree of decline in birth rates is only to be expected given development.

We are well beyond that point. If not for immigration from cultures who do not share our non-traditional values, our population would be in decline right now, simply because people are too lazy and self-centered to breed.

I'm sorry, but that is simply unacceptable.

Going by traditional norms, you've waited too long already

I agree completely. It doesn't change the reality of my situation, however.

Plenty of kids your age have been able to create a stable financial life for themselves. Don't blame society for your decisions.

No. They have not. Most have not.

Don't try and blame your generation's crappy planning on me.

It is perfectly feasible to raise a large family. It simply requires that people cut down on personal luxuries a bit.

That's precisely why most people aren't willing to do it.

As I've pointed out before, it is, ironically enough, the poor who are having the most children in our society. The wealthy are the ones slacking.

No, it is expensive just to have ONE child. How are you going to send your children to college? Do you know how much it costs over a lifetime to raise just ONE child in today's economy? You have very unrealistic expectations, I must say.

Just FYI, it is estimated to cost close to a quarter of a million dollars to raise just one child to age 18, and that's if you don't have a cling-on (dorky Star Trek reference :mrgreen:).

A certain degree of decline in birth rates is only to be expected given development.

We are well beyond that point.

No, we're way behind that point. Our population is growing, and will continue to grow.

If not for immigration from cultures who do not share our non-traditional values,

Ahh, I see. The problem is that we don't have traditional values so we're threatened by immigrants who do have traditional values :screwy

Regardless, his father was obviously not much involved in raising him, and whether or not you agree with his policies, you can't do much better than President of the United States. :)

The President that golfed while the United States burned, and was only really elected in the first place because of the color of his skin.

Oh yea, he's got tons to be proud of. :roll:

In any case, he had the privilege of being born into a wealthy and unconnected upper class family. Most do not.

Back
Top Bottom