• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dream house

I have a dream house, but Hugh Hefner won't let me stay there.

Thank you, yes it's all post and beam from my saw mill, I made as simple of a design as I could come up with.

that is really some fine work

as the footprints easiest to build on (read "flat to gently sloping" lots) become harder to find, post and beam construction lends itself to development of the lots with more severe slope
you seem to be well positioned to take advantage of that trend

that is really some fine work

as the footprints easiest to build on (read "flat to gently sloping" lots) become harder to find, post and beam construction lends itself to development of the lots with more severe slope
you seem to be well positioned to take advantage of that trend

Thanks for the compliment. To be honest I'm not sure I'd do post and beam again except the exterior porch area. Basically you frame the house twice, once with post and beams and then you have to do standard 2X6 framing for insulation, drywall and siding. Drywall is a nightmare too because of all the places where it meets post and beams.

Do you have any idea of the plumbing, electric, insulation, dry rot and foundation issues you would be getting into?

I plan on being filthy rich by that time, so I'll pay someone to fix things. :D

Thanks for the compliment. To be honest I'm not sure I'd do post and beam again except the exterior porch area. Basically you frame the house twice, once with post and beams and then you have to do standard 2X6 framing for insulation, drywall and siding. Drywall is a nightmare too because of all the places where it meets post and beams.

The downstairs of the shack I currently live in is large (12-18") pine logs, and the upstairs in P&B. The noises from the settling on a cool summer's night sounds like the roof is coming down. :lol:

We didn't build it, and have plans to to tear it down. The land is what has the value. The guy who built it worked for a log home company, and must have swiped rejects from every job he was on to put it together.

The carpenter bees love it. We don't. :wink:

The downstairs of the shack I currently live in is large (12-18") pine logs, and the upstairs in P&B. The noises from the settling on a cool summer's night sounds like the roof is coming down. :lol:

We didn't build it, and have plans to to tear it down. The land is what has the value. The guy who built it worked for a log home company, and must have swiped rejects from every job he was on to put it together.

The carpenter bees love it. We don't. :wink:

So what's you're dream home look like dare I ask?:lol:

You love it. Otherwise you wouldn't open the blinds when you change.

Yeah. You caught me. Never can admit it, can ya? :lol:

Yeah. You caught me. Never can admit it, can ya? :lol:

I don't do it because your reputation would take a fatal blow. :D

Plus I want all the guys to keep trying. They'd give up if they knew they had to compete with the Gipper. Being the best on your home court doesn't mean you can challenge LeBron James to a game of 1 on 1.

So what's you're dream home look like dare I ask?:lol:

The one I'm currently living in? Think Swiss Chalet wannabe, upstairs is larger then downstairs, and the metal rood used to be powder blue, but that's all chipped off now. *gag*

Besides wanting to own a Craftsman, at some point, the land we are on is appropriate for a tiered first floor (step down to great room) and a shed dormered second floor. I have the floor plans worked out, but haven't drawn the elevations yet.

The property is sloped, about four acres.

This is the view off the deck now, and everything will be geared for that view. Sunrise....

sunrise2.jpg

The one I'm currently living in? Think Swiss Chalet wannabe, upstairs is larger then downstairs, and the metal rood used to be powder blue, but that's all chipped off now. *gag*

Besides wanting to own a Craftsman, at some point, the land we are on is appropriate for a tiered first floor (step down to great room) and a shed dormered second floor. I have the floor plans worked out, but haven't drawn the elevations yet.

This is the view off the deck now, and everything will be geared for that view. Sunrise....

I know some people who live in houses where the upstairs is larger than the downstairs.

th

View attachment 67153102

Awesome view. I'd love to wake up to that every morning.

That is gorgeous. My dream home is a Frank Lloyd Wright, and craftsman is probably about my favorite style. I love the heaviness of it.

I love old things, and that includes houses. Modern houses just don't have the character. I collect antique furniture and that doesn't always "fit" in a newer house.

I pass these houses every day going to work.

One of these days! :D

Yes it really looks good and big. For a big family. How much is it?

That is gorgeous. My dream home is a Frank Lloyd Wright, and craftsman is probably about my favorite style. I love the heaviness of it.

My actual 'dream home' is a beach cottage style, similar to this. With the wide wood plank floors, wood ceilings, lots of windows.

Beach-Cottage-at-Indian-Pass-Under-Contract-Dec.-8-2010.jpg

Interior looking like this:
chic-beach-living-room-l.jpg

Blinds or shutters...make up your mind. ;)

I'm a straight male. As far as I'm concerned, they are the same thing.

There are lots of interior/decoration words I've seen and have no idea what they are. For instance, what the hell is a "duvet" (sp?). I've heard the word and have no idea what the hell it is.

I'm a straight male. As far as I'm concerned, they are the same thing.

There are lots of interior/decoration words I've seen and have no idea what they are. For instance, what the hell is a "duvet" (sp?). I've heard the word and have no idea what the hell it is.

Something that you're not going to be invited under.

Back
Top Bottom