• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dream house

I'm a straight male. As far as I'm concerned, they are the same thing.

There are lots of interior/decoration words I've seen and have no idea what they are. For instance, what the hell is a "duvet" (sp?). I've heard the word and have no idea what the hell it is.

It's a comforter (down) that has a cover you can take off of it.

Ok...a blanket. Gotcha.

Sounds pretty complicated, but that's still a blanket.

Yes...and no. Just let someone else worry about it. :lol:

Okay, so how much would it be to construct it? Any ideas since your planning?

I'm planning on moving in the near future, hence why something similar would be a "dream" home. Anything other than getting out of dodge in the next couple of years, will have to wait.

A girl can dream though, can't she?

I'm planning on moving in the near future, hence why something similar would be a "dream" home. Anything other than getting out of dodge in the next couple of years, will have to wait.

A girl can dream though, can't she?

Sure. Wondering what the price would be that is all.

Sure. Wondering what the price would be that is all.

Around here (Leavenworth, KS ) an old Victorian home could go as high as $600K. Depends on age, historical value, condition and naturally... location.

Around here (Leavenworth, KS ) an old Victorian home could go as high as $600K. Depends on age, historical value, condition and naturally... location.

That is 450 - 500k Euro's. It is more expensive than in here. Should you plan to build one around here PM me please. No matter how much you stress it you have (as of yet) never been my TGND!

For 600k you could buy my place, my mother's place, my uncle's place, and the 5 or 6 meth labs between them.

The one I'm currently living in? Think Swiss Chalet wannabe, upstairs is larger then downstairs, and the metal rood used to be powder blue, but that's all chipped off now. *gag*

Besides wanting to own a Craftsman, at some point, the land we are on is appropriate for a tiered first floor (step down to great room) and a shed dormered second floor. I have the floor plans worked out, but haven't drawn the elevations yet.

The property is sloped, about four acres.

This is the view off the deck now, and everything will be geared for that view. Sunrise....

View attachment 67153102

WOW! Nice view!!! Craftsmen houses are cool too, you are not high maintenance except for your stain the chairs comment in another thread.

For 600k you could buy my place, my mother's place, my uncle's place, and the 5 or 6 meth labs between them.

I'd never spend that kind of money on a house. Especially after my kids move away. Unless of course, the filthy rich thing works out. Besides, I wouldn't really want to clean that big sob.

Back
Top Bottom