• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller's next big reveal

This is rich.

Well if celebrating success, never caring about what someone else earns or pays in taxes, posts official and verifiable data, doesn't promote misery, class envy, class warfare or jealousy, then I accept!!

Well if celebrating success, never caring about what someone else earns or pays in taxes, posts official and verifiable data, doesn't promote misery, class envy, class warfare or jealousy, then I accept!!

Do you have more soundbites to machine-gun off, there? :lamo

Do you have more soundbites to machine-gun off, there? :lamo

Yep, I can quote official federal data over and over and over again. Maybe one day it will sink in. Wonder what it is about people like you who prefer opinions over data and can never admit when wrong?

Yep, I can quote official federal data over and over and over again. Maybe one day it will sink in. Wonder what it is about people like you who prefer opinions over data and can never admit when wrong?

I provided data to you which you immediately shrugged off. If I were you I wouldn't tout so much about the president having great influence over the economy. The data is not good for the GOP.

I provided data to you which you immediately shrugged off. If I were you I wouldn't tout so much about the president having great influence over the economy. The data is not good for the GOP.

No, sorry you didn't, the only data that matters is the official data coming from bls.gov, bea.gov. and Treasury.org and that data has to come with context. Amazing how a President Obama has such great numbers after leaving office that he couldn't generate while in office. Isn't it possible that you are clueless about the economic policies implemented by the President through Congress? Did Obama sneak back into the WH and revoke his anti growth Executive Orders? Did Obama suddenly change direct and stop promoting higher taxes on business and redistribution of wealth? Did Obama tell businesses that they wouldn't have to pay higher taxes if successful? Did Obama tell business owners that they no long would have to pay penalties if they didn't provide for ACA? Amazing how great Obama was since he left office.

Apparently these are the economic results you find outstanding

Table 1.1.1. Percent Change From Preceding Period in Real Gross Domestic Product
[Percent]
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Last Revised on: July 27, 2018 - Next Release Date August 29, 2018

Line 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Line
1 Gross domestic product -0.1 -2.5 2.6 1.6 2.2 1.8 2.5 2.9 1.6

Or maybe the jobs report that showed 146 million employed when the recession began and Obama with a Democratic Controlled Congress, a stimulus signed almost day one, and the 2009 budget signed by Obama in March 2009 saw employment go tow 139 million two years later.

Show me those economic results you want to tout so I can explain them to you with context

Yet again, no Dem in congress claimed he was a rapist so you are incorrect as usual.

They accused him of sexual assault. Is there a difference?

No, sorry you didn't, the only data that matters is the official data coming from bls.gov, bea.gov. and Treasury.org and that data has to come with context.

According to Trump, government numbers don't matter, or did you forget his comments on unemployment data? Oh, that doesn't matter now because he's president? Carry on.

Amazing how a President Obama has such great numbers after leaving office that he couldn't generate while in office.

Why is it so 'amazing?' When you are followed by a completely incompetent clown you are bound to look better in comparison.

Isn't it possible that you are clueless about the economic policies implemented by the President through Congress?

How does it make sense to have this sentence follow your previous sentence? :lamo

Apparently these are the economic results you find outstanding

Learn how to post data that lines up properly.

None of this disproves my argument that presidents have an exaggerated role on the overall economy. After all, aren't we supposed to be a free market?

Or maybe the jobs report that showed 146 million employed when the recession began and Obama with a Democratic Controlled Congress, a stimulus signed almost day one, and the 2009 budget signed by Obama in March 2009 saw employment go tow 139 million two years later.

Interesting how you refuse to acknowledge how Obama inherited a crashed economy from a Republican. Why didn't those great tax cuts save us from a crash, Con?

Show me those economic results you want to tout so I can explain them to you with context

What on Earth are you blabbering about?

Of course there is a difference, both according to the law and according to common sense.

Geoist;1069453602]According to Trump, government numbers don't matter, or did you forget his comments on unemployment data? Oh, that doesn't matter now because he's president? Carry on.

He was talking the unemployment numbers which mean nothing because they are skewed by the part time for economic reason jobs. full time jobs mean a lot to the American people and those are the ones that matter. Where are those numbers you claim you posted

Actually, yes there is. Learn it. Not all sexual assaults are rape.

He was talking the unemployment numbers which mean nothing because they are skewed by the part time for economic reason jobs.

If they mean nothing then he shouldn't be bragging about 'low unemployment numbers'.

Where are those numbers you claim you posted

I posted a graph from the American Economic Association showing the overall economy has done better under Dems than they have under Repubs. It was post #171. You tried to shrug it off with 'Repubs in Congress, blah blah blah.' However, nothing gets through Congress without getting through the White House (unless there is a veto override, which rarely happens).

If they mean nothing then he shouldn't be bragging about 'low unemployment numbers'.

I posted a graph from the American Economic Association showing the overall economy has done better under Dems than they have under Repubs. It was post #171. You tried to shrug it off with 'Repubs in Congress, blah blah blah.' However, nothing gets through Congress without getting through the White House (unless there is a veto override, which rarely happens).

Your graphs don't provide context, BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury.org do. Post the data that refutes the official data

Your graphs don't provide context, BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury.org do. Post the data that refutes the official data

Where did I contest any official data?

It is the data that benefits the American taxpayers doesn't resonate with the left and doesn't exist even in your world.

That isn't what I asked.

That isn't what I asked.

Here is what matters,

4.7 million NEW jobs created, 3% Annual GDP growth, 7.4% U-6, historic low African/Hispanic American unemployment, record revenue growth for the state and local govt. due to tax cuts that boosted travel and economic activity generating sales and property taxes and a President that puts America First and is keeping us safe

Here is what matters,

4.7 million NEW jobs created, 3% Annual GDP growth, 7.4% U-6, historic low African/Hispanic American unemployment, record revenue growth for the state and local govt. due to tax cuts that boosted travel and economic activity generating sales and property taxes and a President that puts America First and is keeping us safe
What does that have to do with the thread at hand?

Even if Individual-1 was 100% responsible for those things, which is highly debatable, what you are saying is that it's ok for a candidate to conspire to win an election with a foreign government, obstruct justice, violate the emoluments clause, etc. as long as the economic results are good?

Last edited:
What does that have to do with the thread at hand?

Even if Individual-1 was 100% responsible for those things, which is highly debatable, what you are saying is that it's ok for a candidate to conspire to win an election with a foreign government, obstruct justice, violate the emoluments clause, etc. as long as the economic results are good?

So Russia hacked voting booths and changed votes for Trump?? Amazing how arrogant the left is as they believe so called Russia Propaganda which seemed to have hacked ACTUAL DNC Emails and voted for Trump based upon that propaganda and not Hillary's incompetence. If Russia did indeed cause Trump to win the WH then do we owe them a thank you for the economic results being generated?

It is truly amazing how great those Obama results are now that he left office meaning he actually sneaked back into the WH and revoked his anti Growth EO's leading to the 3% annual growth and actually getting the tax cuts passed giving the American consumer more money to spend. Thank you Obama for giving us Trump

So Russia hacked voting booths and changed votes for Trump?? Amazing how arrogant the left is as they believe so called Russia Propaganda which seemed to have hacked ACTUAL DNC Emails and voted for Trump based upon that propaganda and not Hillary's incompetence. If Russia did indeed cause Trump to win the WH then do we owe them a thank you for the economic results being generated?

It is truly amazing how great those Obama results are now that he left office meaning he actually sneaked back into the WH and revoked his anti Growth EO's leading to the 3% annual growth and actually getting the tax cuts passed giving the American consumer more money to spend. Thank you Obama for giving us Trump

Annual growth for 2015 was 2.9%. 2017 was 2.2% We don't know what 2018 is because the numbers haven't been released. Even if 2018 ends up being 3.0%, that's essentially 2015 all over again, which you said back then was mediocre. It's interesting how you change the benchmarks depending upon your bias.

Once again, there are crimes here that are only being ignored by you. To suggest that the only way Russia could have effected the 2016 election is by changing the voting booth numbers is such a stupid belief that it need not even be addressed.

Since the below tweet, the S&P is down 18.9%.
DvM5u8MWwAIX4Af.jpg:small

Maybe I missed it: What WAS the "Mueller's next big reveal" predicted in the OP? Cohen going to jail? Flynn's sentence delayed?

Annual growth for 2015 was 2.9%. 2017 was 2.2% We don't know what 2018 is because the numbers haven't been released. Even if 2018 ends up being 3.0%, that's essentially 2015 all over again, which you said back then was mediocre. It's interesting how you change the benchmarks depending upon your bias.

Once again, there are crimes here that are only being ignored by you. To suggest that the only way Russia could have effected the 2016 election is by changing the voting booth numbers is such a stupid belief that it need not even be addressed.

Stunning economic ignorance, fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September, fiscal year 2017 included the 1.2% first qtr 2017. Again profits are up, dividends are up, personal income is up, take home pay is up, federal, state and local tax revenue is up. keep whining and complaining which you always do about the federal bureaucrats not getting as much money as you want them to have

Oh, by the way what happened to 2016? Hmmmm,

What you want to ignore

Fiscal year 2017

First qtr 2.3
Second qtr 2.2
third qtr 4.2
Fourth qtr. 3.4

Total 12.1 Average over 3%

Calendar year

2.2+4.2+3.4=9.4 so fourth qtr growth of 2.2%= over 3 % growth for both the fiscal and calendar year. Again you cannot seem to admit when wrong

Here is what matters,

Please provide evidence that it was due to tax cuts (clear causation) and not merely the continuation of economic policies put in place during the Obama years.

Meanwhile, not really that much that is telling us things are much different, economically anyway, under Trump.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

How do you think 4Q18 and 1Q19 are going to look? Most forecasters say not too good...

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4225707-signs-economic-slowing

It appears what we got from the tax cut is a short-term stimulus (which is what a tax cut) with no take up. Of course, had we not thrown a bunch of tariffs into the mix to sabotage that stimulus, it might have had some additional sustainability. Then again, as I have pointed out before, an economy can be like an airplane; if you make it climb at a steeper rate than the fundamentals will allow, it what stall into recession. Many think that is the next step.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/21/tru...n-2019-before-possible-recession-in-2020.html

BTW, you were quick to credit Trump for the climb in the stock market. In fact, you took the absurd position that he gets credit for the market since Nov. 2016, so surely you are calling the White House daily asking them to fix the market today, since, after all, its their fault... according to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom