• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More States Are Proposing Single-Payer Health Care. Why Aren’t They Succeeding?

Govt managed care is turning out to be on par with pvt sector.
Corporate bureaucracy is still bureaucracy, you know.
The UK's NHS had a management cost of 4% before the Conservatives began marketising it, and using private providers to perform the public service instead of in-house staff who were often transferred to the new provider at lower wages and benefits.

The UK's NHS had a management cost of 4% before the Conservatives began marketising it, and using private providers to perform the public service instead of in-house staff who were often transferred to the new provider at lower wages and benefits.

I still can't believe you guys are headed towards "Americanizing" such a precious gift like the NHS.
Yes, I am indeed aware of the bureaucracy issues, VA healthcare is a lot like NHS. But overall, now that I've watched VA save Karen's life countless times,
and thanks to being spoiled by having access to VA's civilian in-house* benefits (while it was feasible for them to offer it) I would choose VA's system
or something exactly like it every time, hands down.

*VA CiTI program

They had to close down the CiTI program in most places because VA is now operating at capacity and CiTI was just their way
of keeping idle staff and resources busy, offering VA facilities to civilian spouses of disabled vets.
It was remarkable, I'd never received better care in my life.

It's the cornerstone of all insurance. The real point is WHO'S managing it. Govt sucks as managing anything except maybe the military.
Oh yeah, no waste or mismanagement or duplication in the military.

Medicare seems to have worked fine for 50+ years, as does Social Security, now 86 or so. Hoover dam seems to have worked out, National Parks and Forests are magnificent, FEMA and the FDA do quite well.

It's the cornerstone of all insurance. The real point is WHO'S managing it. Govt sucks as managing anything except maybe the military.
Every single payer system in the industrialized nation, provides better care at a fraction of the cost of the US private healthcare for profit market.

The insurance companies will never allow a single-payer system.

They won't fund candidates that would support it, and they would lobby against it because it means no profit.

WW

The insurance companies will never allow a single-payer system.

They won't fund candidates that would support it, and they would lobby against it because it means no profit.

WW
Probably true. The ACA came when Democrats controlled Congress and the presidency. Even with that, they couldn’t get a public option into the law.

Back
Top Bottom