• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom, daughter charged with incest after marrying in Oklahoma

volsrock

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A woman and her daughter are facing incest charges after authorities learned the pair were legally married in Oklahoma this year, and that the mother had married her son a few years earlier.

The Associated Press

Why charge um? After all love is love and they are consenting adults!

A woman and her daughter are facing incest charges after authorities learned the pair were legally married in Oklahoma this year, and that the mother had married her son a few years earlier.

The Associated Press

As crazy as I think it is, I don't think incest should be illegal. Nor should polygamy be illegal.

As long as they are consenting adults, I don't see the problem.

It's not my place to push my morals onto other individuals.

Last edited:

The Associated Press

I agree. My personal moral disapproval is not reason in of itself to deny someone the right to do something.

I agree. My personal moral disapproval is not reason in of itself to deny someone the right to do something.

Cool jack off in public...piss any where u want..

As crazy as I think it is, I don't think incest should be illegal. Nor should polygamy be illegal.

Presuming they are both adults...

So I can come jerk *** n front of your house?

The Associated Press

Since I believe the reason behind incest statutes is that birth defects are thought to be very likely in the case of incest, I see no reason to waste taxpayer money prosecuting them.

Prosecutors should close their eyes, hold their noses and fuggetaboutit.

The Associated Press

Well if they broke the law they broke the law.
That doesn't mean I support the law though.
While I personally may find it repulsive If this was consenting sound mind adults the law should be changed, its none of my business or the government's business.

Now on the matter of "off spring" well I leave that up to the medical community. If there is factually some great odds that endanger any off spring of incest then I could support laws concerning "offspring" but not that act itself.

The Associated Press

I dont even know know to approach this story. I was always under the impression that incest was illegal for reproductive reasons. That only applies to a hetrosexual relationship. If they were livers why bother to marry. None of this makes sense. It would not surprise me if this whole thing was a hoax

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Marriage equality! Civil Rights! Just like Slavery! Religious Bigotry! We must support the actual mother ****ers.

The Associated Press

There should be no charges...if they ARE consenting adults. There is no actual "victim."

I think this is a good test case for the Court system to determine the Constitutionality of the law...similar to the old miscegenation laws.

Meanwhile, we already have laws for inappropriate incestuous relations; they fall under sex offenses involving minors.

Sorry to disappoint all the tolerant folk around here but there's no doubt but that there are serious mental health issues involved here and at least one of the parties isn't competent to be making decisions about such things as marriage.

Sorry to disappoint all the tolerant folk around here but there's no doubt but that there are serious mental health issues involved here and at least one of the parties isn't competent to be making decisions about such things as marriage.

Who are you speaking of? Who here is "tolerant" with marriage of those not able to consent?

Who are you speaking of? Who here is "tolerant" with marriage of those not able to consent?
Who isnt able to consent? The daughter is in her 20s

Who isnt able to consent? The daughter is in her 20s

Youll have to ask lutherf, he made the claim someone isnt and that he doesnt agree with "all the tolerant folk" here that are ok with it.

I don't know who he is referring to that is not able to consent or who here supports unconsented marriage

So I can come jerk *** n front of your house?

That's trespassing,which is crime.
If you persist to be on my property after I tell you to leave I will consider you a threat to my wife and daughters and do what is necessary.
By the way,I'm a gun owner.

Personally,I'm a kind of a mind own business type guy.

As long as they are consenting adults, I don't see the problem.

Incest is illegal because the offspring of such pairings are horrible. ALSO Incest tends to promote and hide abuse, sexual abuse of children. This isn't about "Pushing my morals" it's about having a standard of decency, of protecting innocent lives and preventing genetic abominations.

Incest is illegal because the offspring of such pairings are horrible. ALSO Incest tends to promote and hide abuse, sexual abuse of children. This isn't about "Pushing my morals" it's about having a standard of decency, of protecting innocent lives and preventing genetic abominations.

Some people don’t care what the product of an incestuous relationship can produce. It isn’t their problem and therefore it is okay. Needless to say, I’m not at all shocked at some of the responses on this thread.

It’s just wrong to dip your pen in the family ink. lol

Some people don’t care what the product of an incestuous relationship can produce. It isn’t their problem and therefore it is okay. Needless to say, I’m not at all shocked at some of the responses on this thread.

It’s just wrong to dip your pen in the family ink. lol

It's icky, seriously icky.

I thought about this a bit while I read through the thread.
We as a society have decided that we do not tolerate sexual harassment,
be it in the workplace, or in schools, even when all parties are adults.
Our disapproval comes from the idea that if a person has some type of authority
over another individual, there is a risk they could compelled the subordinate into a sex.
If there is anything "wrong" with the mother daughter marriage, I think that would be the issue.

That's trespassing,which is crime.
If you persist to be on my property after I tell you to leave I will consider you a threat to my wife and daughters and do what is necessary.
By the way,I'm a gun owner.

Really...i thought those protesters in ohio had a roght to be in front of the sex offenders house

I don't mind drawing a line in the sand at incest.

I see this as either a true mental health issue, or some kind of last ditch effort (fraudulent) to acquire insurance.

Either way it shouldn't be legally recognized.
I don't believe prison is appropriate, but they damn sure should be required to undergo some serious mental health evaluations.

Back
Top Bottom