• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moderator Abuse and M14 Shooter's Ban

Billo_Really said:
Whatever you say, Mark Spitz.

*Hands you a tissue*

Thanks... Now wipe it off :2razz:

Originally posted by Calm2Chaos
*Hands you a tissue*

Thanks... Now wipe it off
No, I think I will go with my new look.

I had no clue that M14 Shooter was banned. But then again I've been away from this site since the Wednesday before Christmas, 2005. I always thought that M14 was a reasonable character, just from the short debates I've had with him; though I must admit I haven't debated with him for a while.

But I don't blame Shuamort either. I've pissed him (shuamort) off more than once, but I never got banned. I don't know what really happened, nor is it any of my business. I'm just surprised, is all.

I haven't had any real problems with the Mods on here. They actually do a good job.... most of the time.

Billo_Really said:
I thought billo island was a pretty nifty idea to take care of possible malfeasant's, such as yourself.

Hmm, this island you speak of, does it have nice weather and palapas on white sandy beaches?

Originally posted by Donkey1499
I had no clue that M14 Shooter was banned. But then again I've been away from this site since the Wednesday before Christmas, 2005. I always thought that M14 was a reasonable character, just from the short debates I've had with him; though I must admit I haven't debated with him for a while.

But I don't blame Shuamort either. I've pissed him (shuamort) off more than once, but I never got banned. I don't know what really happened, nor is it any of my business. I'm just surprised, is all.

I haven't had any real problems with the Mods on here. They actually do a good job.... most of the time.
Would you be my mule on billo island?

Originally posted by Pacridge
Hmm, this island you speak of, does it have nice weather and palapas on white sandy beaches?
No. Naturally it would be in the basement and the closest thing to hell on earth so that people (posters) would actually wish that they were banned instead of being sent to DP's SHU.

Billo_Really said:
No. Naturally it would be in the basement and the closest thing to hell on earth so that people (posters) would actually wish that they were banned instead of being sent to DP's SHU.

Well you had my interest momentarily.

galenrox said:
We've come to one conclusion, and that is we're not going to undermine shuamort. He's a damn fine mod, as I've said before, and we're gonna stand behind him.
As far as what else happens, you'll find out.

And may I add that you all could learn from Billo, it's about time y'all started respecting our gosh darn authoritah!

Well I must voice my disappointment, even if you folks don't care to hear it! I have lost some respect for this site, and that will not change. I had hoped that the thread would speak for itself, but as you say, "you are going to stand behind him" wrong or not, but because he is a mod, that is unfortunate. Still, that is your right, I just hope you don't lose the freedom that was once debatepolitcs, and the many responsible members that have voiced serious concerns!:(

I believe the trolling was on both sides, but it was the responsibility of the moderator to be the example, he failed miserably. I accept my ban now, as I may very well be forced to go elsewhere, again, that is very unfortunate, for me, and for you.:(

galenrox said:
I'm just saying regardless of what we find, we still believe that shuamort is an excellent mod.

I don't argue that, everyone is human, and we all make rash decisions, especially when arguing something so close to our vest, he made that very clear! Still, I don't honestly know why this man is still banned, but I trust you are discussing that, and I am thrilled that the case still remains open. I for one would like to stay, but as a rule, and because of principle, I will leave if this man is not reinstated.

Originally posted by Deegan:
I don't argue that, everyone is human, and we all make rash decisions, especially when arguing something so close to our vest, he made that very clear! Still, I don't honestly know why this man is still banned, but I trust you are discussing that, and I am thrilled that the case still remains open. I for one would like to stay, but as a rule, and because of principle, I will leave if this man is not reinstated.
Do you believe in the 1st Ammendment?
That dude was lobbying to get somebody to report me to the FBI!
All because he couldn't win a debate against me. But he doesn't debate. He doesn't know how to interpret the Constitution. He doesn't bring anything new to refute or justify his position once it has been challenged. And he thinks that I should lose my freedom for exercising my Constitutional rights!

Get real, dude!

Billo_Really said:
Do you believe in the 1st Ammendment? All because he couldn't win a debate against me. But he doesn't debate. He doesn't know how to interpret the Constitution. He doesn't bring anything new to refute or justify his position once it has been challenged. And he thinks that I should lose my freedom for exercising my Constitutional rights!

Get real, dude!

Yet we keep you around sir!

Really Billo, what are you trying to tell me here, beside the fact that you want to moderate her, I even gave you a chance on my site. I like you, I think you're funny, but don't cross me sir, don't confuse this issue, the man was wronged, and I can't in good conscience, stand by and say nothing!

I would also add that the mod in question, his absence, this also concerns me greatly. Of course I don't know what his schedule is, but it concerns me none the less. I suspect that this statement will rectify that situation, but I don't honestly know why he has not responded?:confused:

Last edited:
Yet we keep you around sir!

Really Billo, what are you trying to tell me here, beside the fact that you want to moderate her, I even gave you a chance on my site. I like you, I think you're funny, but don't cross me sir, don't confuse this issue, the man was wronged, and I can't in good conscience, stand by and say nothing!
He wanted me reported to the FBI! Is that right?

As for moderator, I'm not the type. I would not be a very good one. I don't believe in banning anyone. I don't believe in censorship of any kind. If ever asked, I would turn it down. I do not, nor will I ever want to be, a moderator. On this, or any other board. That is all I have to say about that.

If you like, I can provide the link where that SOB wanted to have me reported to the FBI! To me, that crosses the line and speaks volumes about what and who M14 is. If you can't see that, you are blind.

Billo_Really said:
He wanted me reported to the FBI! Is that right?

As for moderator, I'm not the type. I would not be a very good one. I don't believe in banning anyone. I don't believe in censorship of any kind. If ever asked, I would turn it down. I do not, nor will I ever want to be, a moderator. On this, or any other board. That is all I have to say about that.

If you like, I can provide the link where that SOB wanted to have me reported to the FBI! To me, that crosses the line and speaks volumes about what and who M14 is. If you can't see that, you are blind.

Fair enough, show me that link, that is certainly more credible then the issue at hand, we have that disgusting link, and it just plain stinks, to be quite frank!

Fair enough, show me that link, that is certainly more credible then the issue at hand, we have that disgusting link, and it just plain stinks, to be quite frank!
I'm confused. If you have that disgusting link, why do I need to show it to you? And you still haven't answered my question as to whether you think threatening someone with a call to the FBI crosses the line.

Post #55 on the link below.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=7508&page=6

I like you Deegan. I repect you a lot. But there is no love loss between M14 and I. I am very, very angry in regards to him. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. What are you worried about? Everyone that gets banned here whinds up on your website anyway.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
I'm confused. If you have that disgusting link, why do I need to show it to you? And you still haven't answered my question as to whether you think threatening someone with a call to the FBI crosses the line.

Post #55 on the link below.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=7508&page=6

I was referring to the link where the banning occured, and I am still waiting for that link from your question.

O.k......are you trying to get yourself banned as well?:shock:

That was a troll thread, but you were the troll, and as I said, yet we still have you here to grace our presence. Do you only WARN, then ban the folks we don't like, or grow fond of? No, I thought everyone was given equal warning, before they are publically humiliated.

O.k......are you trying to get yourself banned as well?

That was a troll thread, but you were the troll, and as I said, yet we still have you here to grace our presence. Do you only WARN, then ban the folks we don't like, or grow fond of? No, I thought everyone was given equal warning, before they are publically humiliated.
Are you threatening me? Post what you would consider something I said that would precipitate my banning.

How was I being a troll. A troll does not bring anything new to the table during a rebuttal or an assertion. Post where I have done that.

You think publically humiliating someone is worse than lobbying to have someone's freedom taken away?

I was referring to the link where the banning occured, and I am still waiting for that link from your question.
I don't know what the hell your talking about here. I was not involved in the debate that resulted in the banning.

Billo_Really said:
I don't know what the hell your talking about here. I was not involved in the debate that resulted in the banning.

Let's not go off topic here, just start some nasty thread in the basement, I promise I'll come visit you there!:cool:

Let's not go off topic here, just start some nasty thread in the basement, I promise I'll come visit you there
No, you go hungry. Better yet, I'm going to report you to the FBI for force-feeding your fat cat food it doesn't like. How do like them apples? Their Washington Navel, by the way.

Deegan said:
Well I must voice my disappointment, even if you folks don't care to hear it! I have lost some respect for this site, and that will not change. I had hoped that the thread would speak for itself, but as you say, "you are going to stand behind him" wrong or not, but because he is a mod, that is unfortunate. Still, that is your right, I just hope you don't lose the freedom that was once debatepolitcs, and the many responsible members that have voiced serious concerns!:(

I believe the trolling was on both sides, but it was the responsibility of the moderator to be the example, he failed miserably. I accept my ban now, as I may very well be forced to go elsewhere, again, that is very unfortunate, for me, and for you.:(

We have not deleted this thread, nor are there any plans on doing such. Please continue to voice your thoughts or concerns.

This issue has not been taken lightly and is a very huge concern.
The mod team is combing through this very carefully. Upon hearing all the facts, we *will* take action. That action may or may not be made publically available.

galenrox said:
M14's ban has been lifted, whether or not he will actually return is now entirely up to him.

Bravo, very well done.:applaud

Back
Top Bottom