• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moderator Abuse and M14 Shooter's Ban

galenrox said:
M14's ban has been lifted, whether or not he will actually return is now entirely up to him.

Thank you very much for hearing our concerns and making a fair and equitable decision. We all appreciate the time you spent coming to your conclusion and the commitment you uphold to keeping this a free community.

I'm looking forward to tearing M14 a new asshole (I'll save the rest for the basement).

I haven't read this entire thread, but I did like the idea of the moderator who proposes the banning, recusing themself from any vote on dismissal.

And thanks for a great job, Mods...there...feel a little better now?

I just wanted to thank the man who brought this to all of our attention, I would never had known anything about it, thanks Jallman. I thought it very brave, and very honorable that you would stick your neck out and defend a man, well a man you rarely even agree with. I just thought that you deserve some praise in all of this, along with the moderators here, bravo to all of you.

And if you ever need a good moderator in the future, I would certainly vote for Jallman.;)

jallman said:
I am going to make this short and sweet...dont want to get banned for, I dunno, having an opinion. It has come to my attention that M14 Shooter was banned by a certain moderator shuamort for standing his ground on a topic. The abusiveness of shuamort, leading up to the ban was ...how did gunny put it? ah yes, criminal. Now I know I am probably going to get the same standard response..."we mods do our best to maintain an atmosphere of yada yada yada" but come on guys, its in black and white right there in:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=7595&page=5

I tend to think of this as a place of open ideas and exchange of information and some really good discussion. But when certain mods resort to banning as a means of shutting down a debate they are losing...well Gunny's right...its just wrong. It destroys any sense of community we have here.

Disclaimer: I do not in any way endorse any of the beliefs put forth by m14 shooter as he and I agree on practically nothing. However, he does not deserve to be banned for having an opinion and requiring sources and citations of relevance to the discussion.

I took some time off the board and really thought about my actions in this case. And I completely agree with you Jallman.

First off, I would like to apologize to M14Shooter. I let my emotions dictate my actions in that debate and I'm sorry.

Secondly, I would like to apologize to the community as a whole. This is a place of debate and occassionally arguments. When I first started here, Vauge's main directive has been to make this a comfortable place for all to join in and get down with politics. My action in that thread is pretty much the exact opposite of that point.

Thirdly, it was a big mistake. Blah. I've let a couple slip out the back door and I hope that none of this has soured you on the board. In the end, that has become my main concern that this forum can become better with or without my input and in whatever capacity.

If you have any complaints/concerns/questions/pamphlets etc, please feel free to address them in this thread, with me directly, or with another mod, your clergy, your pets, etc.

-Shuamort

shuamort said:
I took some time off the board and really thought about my actions in this case. And I completely agree with you Jallman.

First off, I would like to apologize to M14Shooter. I let my emotions dictate my actions in that debate and I'm sorry.

Secondly, I would like to apologize to the community as a whole. This is a place of debate and occassionally arguments. When I first started here, Vauge's main directive has been to make this a comfortable place for all to join in and get down with politics. My action in that thread is pretty much the exact opposite of that point.

Thirdly, it was a big mistake. Blah. I've let a couple slip out the back door and I hope that none of this has soured you on the board. In the end, that has become my main concern that this forum can become better with or without my input and in whatever capacity.

If you have any complaints/concerns/questions/pamphlets etc, please feel free to address them in this thread, with me directly, or with another mod, your clergy, your pets, etc.

-Shuamort

Well I don't see how anyone could have a problem with what you just said, it was heart felt, honest, and very responsible of you to have been so insightful on this issue. We all get emotionally involved in our debates here, and I would hope we all are able to make some mistakes, as long as we admit these mistakes. I respect you now, more then ever, and you have set a fine example for all others here to follow.;)

A tip of the hat to you Shaumort.

Gee maybe there's hope for this crazy world, after all? Haha!

galenrox said:
M14's ban has been lifted, whether or not he will actually return is now entirely up to him.

Was the ban lifted because of guilt or pressure? Cuz if that was the case, then others, like sissyboy, would have to be allowed back (if he he hasn't been already) just to be fair. Not that I want sissyboy back, being that he was very uncivil.

Either way, you guys are the Mods. What you say on here goes. And I've got another question. Can a mod(s) ban another Mod(s)???

shuamort said:

-Shuamort

I have a complaint.

Your little, bouncy, rabbit-looking things under your screen name there were throwing tater chips at my donkey (under my screen name). Could you please make them stop? He's getting rather pissed. Thank you

-Grand Jackass

Donkey1499 said:
Was the ban lifted because of guilt or pressure? Cuz if that was the case, then others, like sissyboy, would have to be allowed back (if he he hasn't been already) just to be fair. Not that I want sissyboy back, being that he was very uncivil.

Either way, you guys are the Mods. What you say on here goes. And I've got another question. Can a mod(s) ban another Mod(s)???

The ban was lifted after a unanimous consensus was reached among the mod team that M14's banning was not consistent with moderation standards and forum policy. This was not the case with the banning of sissy-boy and other members who have recently been perma-banned - in those cases the consensus among the team was plainly that their banning was consistent with forum policy.

The distinction should be plain among members familiar with the posting habits of those whose bans are still in effect.

shuamort said:

-Shuamort

Wow!!! Shuamort, you are awesome. That means a whole lot to the forum but to me especially. Like I said, everyone has bad days and that's all it was. Keep up the good work, bro. Believe it or not, everyone does notice and appreciate it!!!

Big Hugs!!!

Deegan said:
I just wanted to thank the man who brought this to all of our attention, I would never had known anything about it, thanks Jallman. I thought it very brave, and very honorable that you would stick your neck out and defend a man, well a man you rarely even agree with. I just thought that you deserve some praise in all of this, along with the moderators here, bravo to all of you.

And if you ever need a good moderator in the future, I would certainly vote for Jallman.;)

Hey now, none of that...gunny brought to everyone's attention. I just posted this thread here so it would get more exposure and input than it might have in the basement. Besides, I knew the mods would take note and input and I had total faith that this would work out.

Again, mods, thanks for hearing us out. It really makes me feel like this is a community of ideas rather than just another forum!! Hats off to you guys!

mixedmedia said:
The ban was lifted after a unanimous consensus was reached among the mod team that M14's banning was not consistent with moderation standards and forum policy. This was not the case with the banning of sissy-boy and other members who have recently been perma-banned - in those cases the consensus among the team was plainly that their banning was consistent with forum policy.

The distinction should be plain among members familiar with the posting habits of those whose bans are still in effect.

Thanks. And don't think I was accusing y'all of foul play, cuz I wasn't. Sissyboy was banned because of his "uncivilized" manner, correct? Other than that, I don't know who else was banned, nor does it matter.

jallman said:
Hey now, none of that...gunny brought to everyone's attention. I just posted this thread here so it would get more exposure and input than it might have in the basement. Besides, I knew the mods would take note and input and I had total faith that this would work out.

Again, mods, thanks for hearing us out. It really makes me feel like this is a community of ideas rather than just another forum!! Hats off to you guys!

I'm not wearing a hat....

jallman said:

Oh, he had a thread in the basement, I hardly ever go there, I'm afraid of the dark you know. Well then.......good for you Gunny, good show old bean.;)

Deegan said:
Oh, he had a thread in the basement, I hardly ever go there, I'm afraid of the dark you know. Well then.......good for you Gunny, good show old bean.;)

The darkness is scary...... I've seen it myself.

Impressive! Kudos to all concerned.

Pacridge said:
Yeah it turns out, much to our surprise, we're all human.

Speak for yourself. :mrgreen:

Kelzie said:

You go girl, I was beginning to think you guys were all evil Vague bots!:shock:

Kelzie said:

I see how it is, now you're being a jerk. Next thing you know I'll be lying about whether or not I think we're human. Or is it that I lied by reporting that some one else said we're not human. I'm lost how does that dance go again?

Pacridge said:
I see how it is, now you're being a jerk. Next thing you know I'll be lying about whether or not I think we're human. Or is it that I lied by reporting that some one else said we're not human. I'm lost how does that dance go again?

Now are you actually wondering about how that dance goes, or did someone else say it and you aren't making a judgement on its validity, merely passing the information along? :lol:

Kelzie said:
Now are you actually wondering about how that dance goes, or did someone else say it and you aren't making a judgement on its validity, merely passing the information along? :lol:

Yep, I knew it you're lying cause I never said anything about the validity of anyone's judgment. No... wait... does that make me the lair or you the lair?

Maybe we're both lying and should ban each other?

Pacridge said:
Yep, I knew it you're lying cause I never said anything about the validity of anyone's judgment. No... wait... does that make me the lair or you the lair?

Maybe we're both lying and should ban each other?

:rofl Only if we call each other jerks. Wait, are you one of the competent ones?

Kelzie said:
:rofl Only if we call each other jerks. Wait, are you one of the competent ones?

Hell yeah I'm...oh wait thought that said continent.

Well, if you ban me I'll ban you. I'll even bring the protection.

Back
Top Bottom