• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2024

SNY or MLBN for the Mets game?
Darling at least makes it more palatable to listen to on SNY.
Strider/Wheeler should be good at the top of the hour.

Apple already scooping up two huge market games.
Don’t know how extra-innings and others will be affected.

Five late game, led by Pivetta/Kirby imo.
NESN has a good broadcasting team.
Wheels pitched well. Phillies pen just imploded.

Suck it up, meat.

It was a ‘legal’ and dirty slide by Hoskins.
All sorts of bad injuries could have resulted.
He needs that type of play brushed back, again.

Mets got a 5-inning one-run start by Lucchesi, albeit against the Nats’ AAA. All other minor league levels start next Friday. Our closest is Peoria of the Midwest High A.

Mets fans in for another long game.
And booing Rhys all weekend.
Great to hear Phillies fans yesterday booing their team..

Yelich sure looks like a different player with Counsell gone.

Pirates AAA has Plassmeyer, Priester and Skenes starting his first game today.
You can only see ANY bench at ANY level when the game is LIVE.
The final box only shows who participated.

Mets fans in for another long game.
And booing Rhys all weekend.
Great to hear Phillies fans yesterday booing their team..

Yelich sure looks like a different player with Counsell gone.

Pirates AAA has Plassmeyer, Priester and Skenes starting his first game today.
You can only see ANY bench at ANY level when the game is LIVE.
The final box only shows who participated.
Yelich is a damn good player..

The dodgers have the leagues best farm system. Kershaw, Seager, Bellinger, Smith, Pederson, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May. And those are just the ones off the top of my head. You could win a world series with that lineup.
Besides Smith, who I praised, where are the rest you mentioned? Seager, Bellinger, and Peterson are helping other teams. You don’t have a true SS. All the pitchers you listed are on the IL, which also invaded your AAA arms last year. You forgot to mention Bauer to go with Urias in that Dodgers culture. No cap helps build farm systems.
The strategy has always been to grow prospects, promote them and rely on big money free agents when it made sense. That strategy hasn't changed.
The Dodgers have always had every ‘MLB INSIDE’ advantage with international players, plus billion-dollar TV contracts for the team given everything by eminent domain.

Shirker needs to get in Dreckman’s face after he screwed Fried on balls and strikes. No home plate umpire is this bad. Fried threw 43 pitches in the 1st before being pulled.

Gonna go out on a dangerously fragile limb and say that the Pittsburgh Pirates' start isn't a fluke and that they will make the post-season, and they might actually go farther than even their most jilted fans can possibly imagine. They're young and very talented. They faded last year because of injuries, which, of course, could doom them this year, too, but I think this is the best Pirates team since 2013-2015.

NEW YORK -- Pitchers Genesis Cabrera of the Toronto Blue Jays and Yohan Ramirez of the New York Mets were suspended for three games each by Major League Baseball on Sunday for their actions in separate games.

And Mets manager Carlos Mendoza was suspended for one game as a result of Ramírez's actions, Major League Baseball senior vice president for on-field operations Michael Hill said.

Cabrera was penalized for on-field actions that caused a benches-clearing incident during the bottom of the seventh inning of Toronto's 5-1 loss Saturday at Tampa Bay.

Shirker needs to get in Dreckman’s face after he screwed Fried on balls and strikes. No home plate umpire is this bad. Fried threw 43 pitches in the 1st before being pulled.

MLB umping is complete garbage. It's inexcusably bad.

MLB umping is complete garbage. It's inexcusably bad.
Enrique Hernandez on espn just now had a whispering voice telling him “change up”. I caught it three times while he was being interviewed live.

NEW YORK -- Pitchers Genesis Cabrera of the Toronto Blue Jays and Yohan Ramirez of the New York Mets were suspended for three games each by Major League Baseball on Sunday for their actions in separate games.
I think players should have to serve suspensions right away like other sports.
And Mets manager Carlos Mendoza was suspended for one game as a result of Ramírez's actions, Major League Baseball senior vice president for on-field operations Michael Hill said.
I agreed with Darling yesterday that the Mets should have dusted Rhys with a base open before he could easily drive in two.
Cabrera was penalized for on-field actions that caused a benches-clearing incident during the bottom of the seventh inning of Toronto's 5-1 loss Saturday at Tampa Bay.
Cabrera was 3rd man in.
He wanted a problem and got one.
That was a tough 4-game split with TOR/TB.

8 of the 15 series were 4-gamers.
No lost games is good.
Both Chicago teams are in town tomorrow, with snow flurries Wednesday.

Away teams are +14 not counting tonight’s game.
This is our first travel scenario.
All but MIN/MIL play tomorrow.

I think players should have to serve suspensions right away like other sports.

I agreed with Darling yesterday that the Mets should have dusted Rhys with a base open before he could easily drive in two.

Cabrera was 3rd man in.
He wanted a problem and got one.
That was a tough 4-game split with TOR/TB.

8 of the 15 series were 4-gamers.
No lost games is good.
Both Chicago teams are in town tomorrow, with snow flurries Wednesday.

Away teams are +14 not counting tonight’s game.
This is our first travel scenario.
All but MIN/MIL play tomorrow.
👍👍... Bingo..

👍👍... Bingo..
Another miserable weather day in Chicagoland.
High school outdoor events cancelled on this spring break day for some.

White Sox lose 3 straight one-run games and are now getting hammered by ATL.

Imanaga looked great for the Cubs against the hapless Rockies, who just made a huge error to let in 3 runs. Mostly #4s and #5s going today.

Gonna go out on a dangerously fragile limb and say that the Pittsburgh Pirates' start isn't a fluke and that they will make the post-season, and they might actually go farther than even their most jilted fans can possibly imagine. They're young and very talented. They faded last year because of injuries, which, of course, could doom them this year, too, but I think this is the best Pirates team since 2013-2015.
Not dangerous at all at 3-0 when you posted, their early schedule, their division, their health, and their pitching. Their offense has been relentless early on.

The Pirates and Braves have outstanding 5-man rotations at AAA, easily comparable to some wild cards we’ve seen over the years imo. Both orgs have announced the 2nd rotation for this week, with Mondays off.

AAA box scores show me a lot, like Buehler’s start for OKC. Sunday saw a great AAA game box matching the Pirates’ Priester and the Reds’ Lodolo.

The scheduling gods can be generous and cruel, as we see with weather/domes, home and away with away an unsustainable +13, and which bad/good teams you play. The Pirates are off tomorrow followed by the top of the 2nd rotation, with huge crowds this weekend for the O’s.

Last edited:
Ohtani not exactly blowing anyone away. This ain't the gd Angels. He better step up. The honeymoon is short.

Raining again here in NY.. Probably no Mets game tonight.. That's probably a good thing... Lol

Mets have scored the least amount of runs so far this season... Lol

Raining again here in NY.. Probably no Mets game tonight.. That's probably a good thing... Lol

Mets have scored the least amount of runs so far this season... Lol
If they want to play late, they can probably get it in. Question is, do they want to wait until 9pm or later to start the game.

Guess if worse comes to worse, they can play a DH on Thursday.
Yep... But.. U guessed it.. Thursday isn't looking great either... Not as bad as Wednesday though.. I live about an hour north of NYC... Saying possible rain for Thursday too.. Wind Advisory too, Wednesday and Thursday.. 30mph winds and gusts up to 50... Lol...

I still have no idea why mlb insists on opening in the north in March and early April..

don't mean to brag, don't mean to boast
but my team likes hot butter on our breakfast toast

and we're 3-1

Ohtani not exactly blowing anyone away. This ain't the gd Angels. He better step up. The honeymoon is short.
The Dodgers are repeating the Angels’ mistake of locking Ohtani into batting second. Right now though, it’s hard to find weaknesses in LAD’s lineup.

Paxton looked good last night for a #5 starter. We’ll see what AAA gives them.

Back
Top Bottom