• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

Sosa hit over 60 homeruns in 3 different seasons & did not lead the NL in homers in any of those 3 seasons thats
how ridiculous the steroid age records were.
...and how illegitimately

MLB has to own up to and rectify its failures.
That's how it will restore the respect of baseball fans

...or
it can continue to cheapen the game.

PS: Well, not the Game....itself.

Last edited:
Well, the Braves took the first game. We need at least one more in the series now to ensure we come out with at least a tie for first..

What's your view?
Do you hope Aaron Judge hits #62

or sits at equal to the MLB single season record?

Well, the Braves took the first game. We need at least one more in the series now to ensure we come out with at least a tie for first..
Who would have the 10-9 edge if they tie?

Congratulations to Seattle Mariners!

NYM/ATL are 9-9 going into Sunday night baseball.
Mets unable to muster a late-game rally and go down quietly in the ninth.

Must win game tomorrow night or they'll almost certainly lose the division...

Mets unable to muster a late-game rally and go down quietly in the ninth.

Must win game tomorrow night or they'll almost certainly lose the division...

After the entire season, it appears the Braves are just the better all-around team.

With the Braves win tonight, I believe the season series is tied, with Atlanta 1 game up in the East standings.

I’ve been watching the MLB Network; they have been saying how important it is to win the NL East division in order to avoid the Dodgers in the NLDS. My view on this is the 3 days off would be nice to align a team’s pitching staff the way one wants. Also avoiding the 3-game play in series to get to the NLDS is huge. But if one is to get to the World Series, be that the Mets or Braves, one will have to meet and defeat the Dodgers along the way. Be that in the NLDS or the NLCS to me is irrelevant.

For me, it isn’t avoiding the Dodgers that is huge about winning the East. It’s not having to play in the 3-game play in series. To be well rested with an aligned pitching staff the way one wants to send out your pitchers in the order you want. Also, not to have an exhausted bullpen. One still will have to beat the Dodgers to get to the World Series. Which series, the NLDS or the NLCS means little. At least to me.

I suppose I should be calling it the wildcard series, but to me it’s a play in series. A series where 3 teams failed to win their division plus on very unlucky division winner who must also participate in the play in series.

Sosa hit over 60 homeruns in 3 different seasons & did not lead the NL in homers in any of those 3 seasons thats
how ridiculous the steroid age records were.
There was plenty of talk about an asterisk next to Roger Maris’s name back in 1961 because it took him 162 games instead of 154 to break Ruth’s record. That talk slowly died away soon to become non-existent. The thing with Bonds, he was a hall of famer without the steroids, probably the same with Sosa. McGwire, I’m not so sure of. Who knows what each of those three could have accomplished without using steroids? Their names will always be attached to the steroid era. Their reparations tarnished. The fact none of them were voted into the hall of fame speaks loudly of their tarnished reparations. I don’t think an asterisk is needed. Bonds is the all time major league home run leader along with the single season mark. But when one talks about the home runs and Bonds, that talks always returns to steroid use. Asterisk or not, those three home run feats will always be linked to the steroid era, some will never acknowledge Bonds as the Home Run king because of that.

I think denial into the hall of fame is the appropriate punishment. I firmly believe before Bonds is allowed into the hall of fame, Pete Rose, the major league’s all-time hits leaders should be inducted. Rose never bet on games as a player, he did so as a manager. To be fair his banishment should have been as a manager, not a player. I’ve always believed that. My mantra is Rose before Bonds, what Rose did, didn’t affect his play or the outcome of any game as a player. One can debate this when Rose was a manager. What Bonds did, did indeed affect his play and the outcome of many ballgames. That’s the difference in my opinion. Bonds if the more evil transgressor in my opinion.

Being able to rest players and line up your pitching is important. Dodgers and Giants beat each other up last year through the season and a five game series. Dodgers, although eventually ending up on top, had no gas left in the tank for the Braves.

I’ve been watching the MLB Network; they have been saying how important it is to win the NL East division in order to avoid the Dodgers in bNeaLDS. My view on this is the 3 days off would be nice to align a team’s pitching staff the way one wants. Also avoiding the 3-game play in series to get to the NLDS is huge. But if one is to get to the World Series, be that the Mets or Braves, one will have to meet and defeat the Dodgers along the way. Be that in the NLDS or the NLCS to me is irrelevant.

For me, it isn’t avoiding the Dodgers that is huge about winning the East. It’s not having to play in the 3-game play in series. To be well rested with an aligned pitching staff the way one wants to send out your pitchers in the order you want. Also, not to have an exhausted bullpen. One still will have to beat the Dodgers to get to the World Series. Which series, the NLDS or the NLCS means little. At least to me.

I suppose I should be calling it the wildcard series, but to me it’s a play in series. A series where 3 teams failed to win their division plus on very unlucky division winner who must also participate in the play in series.

Those Mets are fat. What do they eat?

Well, after leading the NL East for nearly the entire season, looks like the Mets will have to settle for that first wild card spot in the playoffs...
And Snell and Darvish.
Looks like your Phillies got who they wanted.
Just my opinions: so did Seattle.

With a magic number of 1 to clinch the division, it seems like the Braves have a very good chance of winning the East again. As a Braves fan, and as others have noted a few posts earlier, having the ability to have a couple of days off and to get their rotation set (especially with Spencer Strider's status still up in the air), would be very nice.

A fan jumped into the pen to try and catch the hr ball!

LOL.

Not sure what the strategy was. He was nowhere close to the hr ball. Maybe hoping the ball fell into the pen and get a head start.

Judge did it!!!!
Moving on, Severino has changed my thinking.
You’ll have SEA or CLE then ?

Did you notice that Canada changed their Covid policy, a policy that gained the BJs games imho.

Back
Top Bottom