• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

Whoever catches #61 should keep the ball. It will be worth $500k. Hopefully, the fans doesn't return to Judge for a couple of signed jerseys.
The ball would rightly belong in the Hall of Fame, not to any individual including Judge. Big money to the lucky fan though.

Judge has clearly been feeling the pressure these last 3 games, including today. This is the first I've seen him appear to be swinging for the seats.

Nice job by Dodger pitching teeing it up for Pujols. What a joke.

The ball would rightly belong in the Hall of Fame, not to any individual including Judge. Big money to the lucky fan though.
Judge has clearly been feeling the pressure these last 3 games, including today. This is the first I've seen him appear to be swinging for the seats.

I'm not really thrilled about it but if there is any appropriate circumstance for it, it was last night.

I think MAGA supporters are predisposed to overlook cheating like this. ;):devilish:
The short-porch junior-circuit records before WW2 are a joke. How about the next gen joke yankee stadium? How was that on the local assholiness scale?

I hate the move to MLB and other sports to these platforms like Apple and Amazon. Just hate it.

It's a sign of just how corporate the leagues have become. Fans don't watch baseball as much anymore and this is a major reason why.

I hate the move to streaming also BUT it is not a sign of anything but changing times. Fans not watching the games is because sooooo much content is available in all areas. All sport viewership is down.

The short-porch junior-circuit records
LoLz - Those are the only Legitimate records.
Oh, and do a little research and tell us how many jacks Ruth had at the Stadium and on the road as a Yankee.
Then, tell us how much of an advantage that short porch was.

How about if he hits 61 and/or 62 in Toronto?... Lol

deGrom 40 starts in a row with 3 runs or less.. Major league record..

That's over..

Against the A's of all teams..

deGrom 40 starts in a row with 3 runs or less.. Major league record..

That's over..

Against the A's of all teams..

deGrom is all kinds of awesome. If Buck Showalter had managed that team in 2015, with Harvey, Syndergaard, and deGrom, I think they and not KC wins it.

Hank Aaron is the home run king. Period.

He faced better competition than Babe Ruth.

He didn't do steroids like Bonds.

And unlike Pujols, no pitcher wanted to be the guy to give up Ruth's record to a black guy.

Aaron's the home run king and he's one of the best hitters period.

deGrom is all kinds of awesome. If Buck Showalter had managed that team in 2015, with Harvey, Syndergaard, and deGrom, I think they and not KC wins it.
A's are ripping deGrom today though.. With his recent injury issues.. It is concerning..

Even the outs are rockets..

Mets have two chances: Scherzer and DeGrom. Those are necessary requirements. If one goes down, their chances are 0.

Dodgers at 106 and they're not even trying.

Phils let another winnable game against Atlanta slip away.

Highly disappointing, to say the least

Mets off tomorrow and Thursday, I see.

They should be well rested for that BIG series in Atlanta over the weekend.

Will no doubt be a serious playoff atmosphere down there...

Phils let another winnable game against Atlanta slip away.

Highly disappointing, to say the least

Mets off tomorrow and Thursday, I see.

They should be well rested for that BIG series in Atlanta over the weekend.

Will no doubt be a serious playoff atmosphere down there...
Obviously, as a Braves fan, I hope the Braves catch the Mets. But, as a general baseball fan, it would be pretty fun to have the two teams essentially tied for the East lead going into the final weekend. But since both are already in the playoffs, the stake may not be quite as high.

Just heard Ian suppose to hit Atlanta Friday into Saturday and/or maybe Sunday...

Won't be a hurricane.. But it will be packing a whole bunch of rain, and that will definitely 'dampen' the Mets VS Braves series..

Iirc there aren't any more off days left after this weekend?? Maybe move the games?

Judge 2022 - 29 at home, 28 on the road.

.Ruth as a Yankee hit a few more on the road than in the Stadium.
The idea that it's easier to hit homers in the Bronx than at opposing stadiums is a myth.

...and yes - I'm aware that Ruth did not play in the same park.
Yankee Stadium was built to favor Lefthanded pull hitters. Right handed Yankee hitters as a rule batted with more power
much better away from the stadium. Note Joe DiMaggio career: 213 HR's away games- 148 HR's at the stadium.
One of the real lefty pull hitters of the Yankees was Bill Dickey who hit twice as many HR at Yankee Stadium than in away games.

Important in these evaluations is the cavernous distanceto the Centerfield walls in most all ballparks until the new cookie cut
ballparks of the late 60's & 70's. Almost all CF in the parks of today have dead center at around 400 ft. While the ballparks
where DiMaggio, Foxx, Mize, Williams & Kiner were generally 17% further away. There fore in the old days most of the power
hitters were dead pull hitters. Consider Judge, Ohtani & Trout premier HR hitters today all have IMO over 50% of their HR's to CF.

Just heard Ian suppose to hit Atlanta Friday into Saturday and/or maybe Sunday...

Won't be a hurricane.. But it will be packing a whole bunch of rain, and that will definitely 'dampen' the Mets VS Braves series..

Iirc there aren't any more off days left after this weekend?? Maybe move the games?
I'm not really sure how you would deal with that. If they move the games, the only place they could really move them to would be New York, and that would not really be fair to the Braves to play a "home" game in their opponents stadium as they are trying to win the division title. But where else would you move the game that wouldn't have rain issues?

I'm not really sure how you would deal with that. If they move the games, the only place they could really move them to would be New York, and that would not really be fair to the Braves to play a "home" game in their opponents stadium as they are trying to win the division title. But where else would you move the game that wouldn't have rain issues?
I'd like to say Tampa, doom stadium.. But Ian suppose to go right over Tampa, so the city will obviously have other priorities...

Miami? But are the Marlins on the road? Ian suppose to miss Miami, iirc..

Baltimore? Washington? But they may get hit too...

Tough call for MLB..

Ok.. Just heard this on the radio... 2 other possibilities..

1- Mets VS Braves.. They expect Friday and Saturday are rain outs.. So because both team are off THIS Thursday..Start the series 1 day early.. They play 1 game THIS Thursday, then play a doubleheader on Sunday..

2- Play a doubleheader on Sunday then play the 3rd game NEXT Thursday, the off day between the end of the season and the wildcard playoffs..

1- Mets VS Braves.. They expect Friday and Saturday are rain outs.. So because both team are off THIS Thursday..Start the series 1 day early.. They play 1 game THIS Thursday, then play a doubleheader on Sunday..

2- Play a doubleheader on Sunday then play the 3rd game NEXT Thursday, the off day between the end of the season and the wildcard playoffs..
Keep bringing the news.
I’ve got about 3 hours of driving to go.
Seems Judge got worse at lead off, instead of staying 2nd.

Keep bringing the news.
I’ve got about 3 hours of driving to go.
Seems Judge got worse at lead off, instead of staying 2nd.

He will get fat off the Rangers pitching. They are probably going to start triple a guys.

He will get fat off the Rangers pitching. They are probably going to start triple a guys.
Unless they pull an asshole move like the Red Sox and walk him four times. There used to be a code.

I would expect #2 in those two scenarios, because then you also have the option of NOT playing the game if it is not necessary.

Also, from last night:

1) The Braves and Mets are now tied for first with the Braves win and the Mets loss
2) I have never in my life seen three balks called in one game, much less in one at-bat, on the same pitcher, who apparently had appeared in 300+ games previously with never having a single balk called.

Also, no one else has ever seen a pitcher balk three times in one at-bat, since it is the only time it has happened since 1900.

I would expect #2 in those two scenarios, because then you also have the option of NOT playing the game if it is not necessary.

Also, from last night:

1) The Braves and Mets are now tied for first with the Braves win and the Mets loss
2) I have never in my life seen three balks called in one game, much less in one at-bat, on the same pitcher, who apparently had appeared in 300+ games previously with never having a single balk called.

Also, no one else has ever seen a pitcher balk three times in one at-bat, since it is the only time it has happened since 1900.
Yep... Looks like scenario #1 is not an option..

The teams have a mutual day off Thursday, but MLB is not considering starting the series a day early, according to MLB.com. Relocating the games to a neutral site also was not a serious consideration as of Wednesday morning, according to MLB.com.

Back
Top Bottom