• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

armycowboy

The Dark Lord
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The MLB 2021 season has been over for a while, so I think we should start a new thread about the potential new season. The major question is, will the 2022 season happen? I'm doubting it does, at least in it's entirety.

The MLB 2021 season has been over for a while, so I think we should start a new thread about the potential new season. The major question is, will the 2022 season happen? I'm doubting it does, at least in it's entirety.

Which is why we don't need a 2022 thread yet 😁

MLB says it will use scabs in spring training while saying it is negotiating in good faith.
No sure where you read, Manfred stated today that's not happening.

Universal DH is a certainity.

MLB says it will use scabs in spring training while saying it is negotiating in good faith.
Yeah... Replacements won't happen... Baseball is having enough problems getting people to watch their games when the pros/stars are playing... No one, and I mean no one will watch scabs/replacements...

DH in both leagues now... I guess that was a given...

Also talk of a playoff system where a higher seeded team gets to pick who they want to play in the playoffs???

I hope that is just talk... Because if they do that, have some BS reality type show on the MLB network about who the Dodgers or whoever wants to play in the playoffs...

I'm done...

Also talk of a playoff system where a higher seeded team gets to pick who they want to play in the playoffs???

I hope that is just talk... Because if they do that, have some BS reality type show on the MLB network about who the Dodgers or whoever wants to play in the playoffs...

I'm done...
That type of playoff system would be a complete joke.

I'm done...
Don't like the owners or the players proposals regarding expanded playoffs.

Think this could end up being what happens.

Baseball already heavily favors the big market teams... I don't know if this is just BS talk.. But if they go to this playoff system where teams can 'pick' who they want to play in the playoffs??

F'em

News today is Matt Harvey was doing drugs when he was with the Mets... Big time Coke user..

Color me shocked... Lol...

When Harvey was with the Mets and the Mets were in San Diego for a series , Harvey drove up to LA to party... Some people can't handle the temptations of LA and NYC... Harvey was one of those people...

If he started his career in KC he might still be a good pitcher.. In nyc? It ate him up...

News today is Matt Harvey was doing drugs when he was with the Mets... Big time Coke user..

Color me shocked... Lol...

When Harvey was with the Mets and the Mets were in San Diego for a series , Harvey drove up to LA to party... Some people can't handle the temptations of LA and NYC... Harvey was one of those people...

If he started his career in KC he might still be a good pitcher.. In nyc? It ate him up...
He's not the first and won't be the last.

Ok... Who believes the MLB season will start on time? Now that the NFL season is over the spotlight will be directly on the MLB lockout...

That might put pressure on both sides... But I'm not optimistic... I can see April being missed... Maybe a May 1st opening day?

Ok... Who believes the MLB season will start on time? Now that the NFL season is over the spotlight will be directly on the MLB lockout...

That might put pressure on both sides... But I'm not optimistic... I can see April being missed... Maybe a May 1st opening day?

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts and how it will impact some career numbers if there are significant games missed especially with COVID cutting a season short. Guys like Trout and Harper might miss out on some real big milestones.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts and how it will impact some career numbers if there are significant games missed especially with COVID cutting a season short. Guys like Trout and Harper might miss out on some real big milestones.
I'm a big time baseball fan.. I understand that baseball's stats and career numbers are more important in baseball than in any other sport..

But right now? I don't care about that... The game is killing itself...

They got to fix this... They got work this out...

Reading a report from ESPNDeportes that Juan Soto turned down a 13 year $360 million extension before the lockout.

Might take a threat of losing regular season games before an agreement happens. Probably could make up 7 or 8 games if the season started late.

I predicted March 8 as an agreement date, that would mostly mean a late start to the season but games could be made up over the course of the season.

Progress in narrowing the gaps in the offers regarding 3 areas are the biggest hold ups.

1. Minimum Salaries

2. Pre Arbitration pool amounts

3. Luxury Tax and penalty thresholds

Manfred was brought in for the owner’s lockout. I’m happy with the nba until June, with March Madness and a little nhl sprinkled in.

By August it will be nfl time and baseball can go screw itself until 2023. Who knows how much mlb will change the ball to hurt pitchers and batters?

Manfred was brought in for the owner’s lockout. I’m happy with the nba until June, with March Madness and a little nhl sprinkled in.

By August it will be nfl time and baseball can go screw itself until 2023. Who knows how much mlb will change the ball to hurt pitchers and batters?
I hear you... But I'm only a baseball, football and March Madness fan.. After March, if there's no baseball I get the shakes... Lol

I hear you... But I'm only a baseball, football and March Madness fan.. After March, if there's no baseball I get the shakes... Lol
The nba is the best to wager on. Your state is setting all-time records. Points, Rebounds, Assists, 3’s, combos like rebounds/assists. Sides and totals.

Supermax contracts in all sports turn off the common folk, who lose track of the grinders. We’ll see if minor leagues play with the lockout.

The nba is the best to wager on. Your state is setting all-time records. Points, Rebounds, Assists, 3’s, combos like rebounds/assists. Sides and totals.

Supermax contracts in all sports turn off the common folk, who lose track of the grinders. We’ll see if minor leagues play with the lockout.
Wife bet $100 on SB... Won $103... Lol... She/we won't be betting again until next September (nfl)...maybe bet some on March Madness..

Back
Top Bottom