• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2022

Well, I have a choice to make...

I can bang my head repeatedly against a cinder block wall for the next few hours...

Or watch the Phillies' game.

It's a close call, but guess I'll watch the game since it's slightly less painful...

Shouldn't they fire Dave Dombrowski?

Dodgers got swept by the lowly Pirates so if the mighty muts are going to make a statement, now is the time.

Dodgers got swept by the lowly Pirates so if the mighty muts are going to make a statement, now is the time.
Muts?? Should be Mutts..Philly beat the crap out of them too.. Anyway the Dodgers can't beat the Pennsylvania teams... Lol

Yeah, they have our number. Must be something in the Pennsylvania water.

Muts?? Should be Mutts..Philly beat the crap out of them too.. Anyway the Dodgers can't beat the Pennsylvania teams... Lol

I got to give the Pirates kudos.. They are basically a AAA team, in a good division with a 22-27 record.. Pretty damn good..

Well, it's the first time Dave fired a manager during the season.

But certainly is no surprise given the team's brutal performance last month.

Hell, I thought they should've just kept Gabe … but what do I know.

Like many others on the 'net have been saying, Joe's (fairly numerous) bad calls weren't/aren't the only problems with the 'ball club/organization.

At any rate, will be good to see Mike back in the big city tonight... (y)

Well, it's the first time Dave fired a manager during the season.

But certainly is no surprise given the team's brutal performance last month.

Hell, I thought they should've just kept Gabe … but what do I know.

Like many others on the 'net have been saying, Joe's (fairly numerous) bad calls weren't/aren't the only problems with the 'ball club/organization.

At any rate, will be good to see Mike back in the big city tonight... (y)
No manager is going to fix the fact that they have 4 guys on that team who's best position is DH.

No runs in the first 9 in Colorado, only the second time it's happened.

Angels in a downward spiral.

Damn, Phils throw a 5-spot in the first

Wheels on the bump

One might start thinking that they have a good shot at another W

But it's still early ... and, well, they're still the Phils...

They will try to sign Aaron Judge and fail.
Angels outfield is pretty good going forward with Trout, Ward, Marsh and maybe Adell. Would be better off signing or trading for a premium starting pitcher and shortstop.

So I learned last night, while watching the Mets/Dodgers game, that a team must trail by at least 6 runs before bringing in a position player to pitch. What a weird rule.

So I learned last night, while watching the Mets/Dodgers game, that a team must trail by at least 6 runs before bringing in a position player to pitch. What a weird rule.
Really?? 2 rules I learned this week.. And I have been a baseball fan for 50 years..

Other rule was if a base runner is hit by a batted ball if the position player is playing in front of the runner the play is live.. The runner is not out.. If the position player, let's say 1st baseman, is in front of the runner, and the runner behind him is hit by a batted ball, the play is live..Runner is not out.. It happened in the Mets vs Nationals game...

Last edited:
One of the more remarkable Phillies' games that I've seen.

Overshadowed by the heroics of Harper and Stott was a clutch base hit by Didi in the bottom of the ninth to keep the line moving.

Dude's first big-league plate appearance in over a month...

The Los Angeles Angels have fired manager Joe Maddon in the midst of a 12-game losing streak

I got to give the Pirates kudos.. They are basically a AAA team, in a good division with a 22-27 record.. Pretty damn good..

The Pirates have talent. They've had scouting and farm systems. They've lacked coaches/managers at the major league and maybe the AAA level who've had the ability to turn these good players into a winning result on the field. It's the last stages of player development where Pittsburgh has struggled. They trade them to other teams who have those kinds of coaches or who have managers & GMs who know where they fit in, and they flourish.

Back
Top Bottom