• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri State Fair goes too far

I suppose I can see why some would be offended at the cheering for the idea of a likeness of the President being trampled, but in reality, it's a rodeo clown. Low brow humor is quite literally their occupation. According to the article, there's also a solid precedent of clowns imitating famous figures and sitting Presidents, so I can't say I understand the outrage.

From all I've seen, it's actually the Presidents imitating the clowns, but I digress....

it would be best if the individual and the contractor both got themselves some legal counsel...

I'd say so. The commission, in the motion, singled out one single vendor for meeting a requirement that, apparently, no other vendors have to meet. That's textbook discrimination.

I suppose I can see why some would be offended at the cheering for the idea of a likeness of the President being trampled, but in reality, it's a rodeo clown. Low brow humor is quite literally their occupation. According to the article, there's also a solid precedent of clowns imitating famous figures and sitting Presidents, so I can't say I understand the outrage.

Yeah, this is like complaining about crass music at the drunken barn dance.

WTF were you expecting?

the Mo. state fair commission is a state government commission... free speech most certainly comes into play here.
if the rodeo clown chooses to seek redress on those grounds, the government will have to defend itself.

I did get a chuckle at folks thinking this was racist though.... like the term "racist" has any meaning anymore

Yeah, I'm not getting the racist claim, at all

Yeah, this is like complaining about crass music at the drunken barn dance.

WTF were you expecting?

there's decorum at a rodeo, ...standards dontcha know :lol:

we can sit there eating cow asshole on a bun ,stewing in the stench of farm animal ****, watching grown men attempt to ride pissed off animals .. spittin' tobaccy juice wherever we want... by by gawd, a clown clownin' on the President?..why... why.. that is unacceptable!!

And the same thing happened to Bush over and over and over again all through is 8 years. And wasn't there even a Hollywood movie made about assassinating Bush?

I don't think I ever once saw a rodeo clown in a Bush mask asking about being run down by a bull, no.

I don't think I ever once saw a rodeo clown in a Bush mask asking about being run down by a bull, no.

lol, like you're some ****ing expert on the subject.

And the same thing happened to Bush over and over and over again all through is 8 years. And wasn't there even a Hollywood movie made about assassinating Bush?

Yup, and if I had a dollar for every time a repub in those eight years screamed bloody murder because it wasn't about Bush, it was about "respecting the office of POTUS".... I think it should be law that every news broadcast (lamestream or POXNews) should begin the definition of hypocrisy.

I'd say so. The commission, in the motion, singled out one single vendor for meeting a requirement that, apparently, no other vendors have to meet. That's textbook discrimination.

Which other vendors have failed to meet the "don't talk about having the President of the United States killed in front of a crowd" standard?

Which other vendors have failed to meet the "don't talk about having the President of the United States killed in front of a crowd" standard?

So you think this was a serious endorsement to kill the president? It's a clown that runs around in front of bulls. Clearly getting run down would play into the act

lol, like you're some ****ing expert on the subject.

I actually am the leading expert on what I have personally observed. Is there somebody you think is a better source of information regarding what I have seen? If so, let me know, that would be super helpful.

So you think this was a serious endorsement to kill the president? It's a clown that runs around in front of bulls. Clearly getting run down would play into the act

Apparently it's "read way too much into what Deuce writes" night for Chuckles here. You're on a roll, buddy.

I actually am the leading expert on what I have personally observed.

Right, and I doubt you have some vast experiences observing rodeos. Making your claim based on "what you saw" a bit laughable as evidence of anything.

it certainly reads that way

Right, and I doubt you have some vast experiences observing rodeos. Making your claim based on "what you saw" a bit laughable as evidence of anything.

Which part of my post gave you the idea that I was claiming expertise on rodeos, or making claims about anything other than what I have personally seen? Please quote the text that lead you to this conclusion.

Next, maybe Chuckles can explain how he got the idea that I think this was a "serious endorsement to kill the president." Or maybe he can answer my question. That would be swell.

nope, me neither.

lots of other "acceptable" stuff though... not like what this evil ,anti-american, unpatriotic, terrorist lovin' clown did. though...
cool stuff, like hangin a dummy from a noose with a Bush mask on, then burning it... or writing "kill Bush" on it.

the stuff that lefties used to defend as free speech but now find heinous.

nope, me neither.

lots of other "acceptable" stuff though... not like what this evil ,anti-american, unpatriotic, terrorist lovin' clown did. though...
cool stuff, like hangin a dummy from a noose with a Bush mask on, then burning it... or writing "kill Bush" on it.

Typical right-wing nonsense. Fake outrage over imagined hypocrisy. Here, let me help you.

Liberals believe you have the right to express yourself, even if that expression is distasteful. What liberals do not believe is that you have the right to have someone pay you to make that speech, private or public. You do not have the right to spew your hateful crap on my radio station, or to print it in my paper. Nor do you have the right to have the government sponsor your hateful crap.

If someone wants to make a Bush dummy and burn it on their own time? Fine. They're a dip****, but they have the right to be a dip****. And I have the right to call them a dip****, and to not purchase products from said dip**** because I don't like dip****s. Additionally, their employer, private or public, also has the right to fire them for being a dip****. That article writer/editor/whatever did not have a first amendment right to place misleading headlines in a newspaper he didn't own. Paula Deen did not have a right to keep doing a cooking show when her ratings tanked and then everyone found out she's a racist. This clown did not have a right to keep his job if his employer finds his behavior unacceptable. You do not have a right to keep your job if your behavior causes problems for your company. Dip****s have a right to be dip****s, not a right to have their dip****tery funded by somebody else.

Dip**** is not a protected classification under the US Constitution.

The big white gate flew open. The bull came out bucking. The rider flopped

from side to side and the bullfighters held back, letting the bull make his moves until the rider dropped off. Licciardello crouched in a heavily padded barrel, a human target should the bull decide to charge. Hawkins waited near the barrel, holding his big inner tube. A dummy with a George Bush mask stood beside the clown, propped up by a broomstick.

Cowboys in their hats and long-sleeved shirts lined the arena's fences, some sitting on the top rails, some standing right on the sand.

This bull bucked well, needing no prompting from the bullfighters. And when the bull had lost his rider, he made moves toward the fences, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, away from the bull's horns. Each of the first four bulls did about the same, bucking well but choosing not to charge their fallen riders, demanding few of the bullfighters' talents.

The fifth bull was behind the gate ready to go. His rider, O.J. Jones, pumped with adrenalin and, like the other riders, shaking in anticipation, was settling onto the back of Number 117 when, up in the announcer's booth, Dusty Cleveland enunciated the name that demanded respect.

"JA-LA-PE-NO!"

The big white bull with black spots and the foot-long horns came slamming out, looking big as a pickup truck, and Skimmer Walker, his feet spread, his hands out to the side, crouched to make a move.

Jalapeno dispatched his rider before the mandatory eight seconds. Now he stood tall, his head up, looking for something to charge.

T.J. Hawkins rolled out the big inner tube, and the bull lowered his head, shot forward and launched into the tube, sending it bounding down the center of the arena. The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy.

He tore into it, sending the rubber mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence.

Walker waited.

But it had been a hot day, and bulls, like men, have moods. Jalapeno, Grant Harris' "excited rascal," called it a night, found the exit gate and, like a locomotive floating on cotton balls, galloped silently over the soft sand and disappeared into the night.

Unchallenged, the brave Jimmy Lee Walker eased through the rest of another rodeo, fit to fight bulls one more night in a career that may never end.

A Rodeo Veteran Takes Bull By The Horns Jimmy Lee Walker Makes His Comeback In A Young Man's Game. - Philly.com

This is ridiculous. A rodeo clown at the fair came out dressed like Obama and asked if anyone wanted to see Obama get run down by a bull. Because of that the clown got banned for life from the fair. It also seems that some of the local democrats want an investigation and financial penalties for the fair.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!????

Since when is making fun of the president cause for bans, investigations and financial penalties? Every president I've been around for has had jokes made about him and I've seen plenty of political cartoons from well before I was around so it's been happening, folks. What makes current asshole in charge special? Why is he off limits?

The MO state fair folks need to pull up their panties, apologize to this guy for being idiots and apologize to America for being a general disgrace.

Mo. State Fair bans rodeo clown who mocked Obama

Maybe because the idiot reflects poor on the Missouri state fair and the entire state of Missouri.

nope, me neither.

Can you point to a single post where anyone defend hanging a dummy from a noose with a Bush mask on? .....yeah....thought not.

Maybe because the idiot reflects poor on the Missouri state fair and the entire state of Missouri.

Yeah, freedom of speech and disagreeing with ones government is TOTALLY unamerican:roll:

This is ridiculous. A rodeo clown at the fair came out dressed like Obama and asked if anyone wanted to see Obama get run down by a bull. Because of that the clown got banned for life from the fair. It also seems that some of the local democrats want an investigation and financial penalties for the fair.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!????

Since when is making fun of the president cause for bans, investigations and financial penalties? Every president I've been around for has had jokes made about him and I've seen plenty of political cartoons from well before I was around so it's been happening, folks. What makes current asshole in charge special? Why is he off limits?

The MO state fair folks need to pull up their panties, apologize to this guy for being idiots and apologize to America for being a general disgrace.

Mo. State Fair bans rodeo clown who mocked Obama

Attacking Obama with one face, asking for federal aid for flood victims with the other.

The HBO original series that depicted Bush's head stuck on a pike ? What was the name of that show ?

Back
Top Bottom