• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Missouri State Fair goes too far

This is ridiculous. A rodeo clown at the fair came out dressed like Obama and asked if anyone wanted to see Obama get run down by a bull. Because of that the clown got banned for life from the fair. It also seems that some of the local democrats want an investigation and financial penalties for the fair.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!????

Since when is making fun of the president cause for bans, investigations and financial penalties? Every president I've been around for has had jokes made about him and I've seen plenty of political cartoons from well before I was around so it's been happening, folks. What makes current asshole in charge special? Why is he off limits?

The MO state fair folks need to pull up their panties, apologize to this guy for being idiots and apologize to America for being a general disgrace.

Mo. State Fair bans rodeo clown who mocked Obama

Free speech is free only when liberals agree with what you say. You can bet the ACLU will never defend this guy's right to free speech.

Free speech is free only when liberals agree with what you say. You can bet the ACLU will never defend this guy's right to free speech.

How has his right to free speech been infringed? He can dance around in an Obama costume and get poked by bulls all he wants, just not with the state fair.

The HBO original series that depicted Bush's head stuck on a pike ? What was the name of that show ?

Game of Thrones... I think.... I also think it was explaned by the producers by just saying it was one of the fake heads they happen to have and hoped no one would catch it. (I also think that explanation more then a little weak, but what the heck its there show...... the books are better)

How has his right to free speech been
infringed? He can dance around in an Obama costume and get poked by bulls all he wants, just not with the state fair.

Did he violate any specific State Fair ordinance or rule ?

And you Libs that are calling this Rodeo Clown every name in the book while you defend a incompetent corrupt President ?

Grow some testicles and head off to the nearest Rodeo and insult one of those Rodeo Clowns to his face.

Please.

Yeah, freedom of speech and disagreeing with ones government is TOTALLY unamerican:roll:

It is when it doesn't serve that purpose. This was more about just being disrespectful and rude than it was about freedom of speech and disagreement with government. America has lost much of its civility and integrity.

This is ridiculous. A rodeo clown at the fair came out dressed like Obama and asked if anyone wanted to see Obama get run down by a bull. Because of that the clown got banned for life from the fair. It also seems that some of the local democrats want an investigation and financial penalties for the fair.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!????

Since when is making fun of the president cause for bans, investigations and financial penalties? Every president I've been around for has had jokes made about him and I've seen plenty of political cartoons from well before I was around so it's been happening, folks. What makes current asshole in charge special? Why is he off limits?

The MO state fair folks need to pull up their panties, apologize to this guy for being idiots and apologize to America for being a general disgrace.

Mo. State Fair bans rodeo clown who mocked Obama

I think the point is that it was pointed out.

Almost any action is fine as long as the media/news/public don't complain. If someone wants to stop and watch every action that some group/buisness dose publicly they will find cases of inapporate action. So most just go along untill called on it. Then do something to publicly "fix" that case then go back to what they want to do until the next "Story".

Game of Thrones... I think.... I also think it was
explaned by the producers by just saying it was one of the fake heads they happen to have and hoped no one would catch it. (I also think that explanation more then a little weak, but what the heck its there show...... the books are better)

Ah yes, Game of Thrones.

Still going isn't it ?

And yes it was a pathetic excuse. If they didn't want anyone to see it, or hoped no one would see it, why did they shoot it.

It was lined up in that fustrum for a reason.

It is when it doesn't serve that purpose.
This was more about just being disrespectful and rude than it was about freedom of speech and disagreement with government. America has lost much of its civility and integrity.

LOL !!

Yea, it's not very " civil " to be targeted by the IRS for your Political or religious beleiefs.

Its not very "civil" to be lied to by the Secretary of State over the deaths of four Americans because it was politically expedient.

No one owes this President or his incompetent corrupt administration any " civillity"

Did he violate any specific State Fair ordinance or rule ?

This has what to do with my point?

And you Libs that are calling this Rodeo Clown every name in the book while you defend a incompetent corrupt President ?

I haven't called any rodeo clown any name. This had what to do with my point?

Grow some testicles and head off to the nearest Rodeo and insult one of those Rodeo Clowns to his face.

Haha, ITG on display.

I'll pass, but you really should explain what any of the above said by you had to do with my point.

Oh look, other people are stupid too!

Of course, this was in 1994...

what would the date have to do with anything?

Which part of my post gave you the idea that I was claiming expertise on rodeos, or making claims about anything other than what I have personally seen? Please quote the text that lead you to this conclusion.

Uh, you offered your personal anecdote as if it had some value to the discussion, and it concerned Rodeo clowns. For it to have value to the discussion, one would expect you to have a wide ranging experience of Rodeo clowns and their routines ....

Next, maybe Chuckles can explain how he got the idea that I think this was a "serious endorsement to kill the president." Or maybe he can answer my question. That would be swell.

1) what was the question?

2) you certainly seem to have taken the remarks as something more than over the top crass humor. Being that you characterized it as "having the president killed"

So what? Is that supposed to be some kind of justification for this crap? Is that the way you see the world? If somebody else did something stupid then it suddenly becomes a good idea?

The Dixie Chicks are a commercial endeavor unto themselves and their actions determine their financial viability. If they piss a bunch of people off then that's on them. This guy was just doing his job...the same damned thing that's been done at rodeos for decades but some idiot gets their panties in a twist and he gets canned. That's absurd.

If the fair didn't like what he did they could have simply asked him not to do it again but they didn't. They went to the other extreme and flat out banned him. That's about as far off from the American way as it gets.
The Chixie Dicks got what they asked for.

Good move on behalf of the fair. I don't want to pay my good money to go see some clown voice his political opinions. That's what I come here for.

I went to a Roger Waters' concert in Milwaukee. For those that do not know, Roger Waters was a driving force in my favorite band, Pink Floyd. During the middle of the show, they floated their signature "pig," All over this pig balloon were anti-Bush sentiments. Around the anus of the pig balloon was written, "George W. Bush." At this point, my wife and I left the concert. (Which is a shame because the concert was VERY good.)

You wanna be an idiot, do it on your own time. Not on the time I bought and paid for. Why would anyone want such a divisive display at an event that was designed for everyone. Regardless of which side of the aisle the entertainer might stand, it's certainly going to piss off half the audience. It's better to just not go there.

But he's not the only clown that has distorted views it appears.

Last edited:
Good move on behalf of the fair. I don't want to pay my good money to go see some clown voice his political opinions.

I went to a Roger Waters' concert in Milwaukee. For those that do not know, Roger Waters was a driving force in my favorite band, Pink Floyd. During the middle of the show, they floated their signature "pig," All over this pig balloon were anti-Bush sentiments. Around the anus of the pig balloon was written, "George W. Bush." At this point, my wife and I left the concert. (Which is a shame because the concert was VERY good.)

You wanna be an idiot, do it on your own time. Not on the time I bought and paid for. Why would anyone want such a divisive display at an event that was designed for everyone. Regardless of which side of the aisle the entertainer might stand, it's certainly going to piss off half the audience. It's better to just not go there.

I can't believe you left the concert over that. I disagree with Ted Nugent's politics, but I never left his show over it.

I can't believe you left the concert over that. I disagree with Ted Nugent's politics, but I never left his show over it.

I would never attended Nugent's concert in the first place.

Yeah, I am no Bush fan, that's for sure. But I take exception to some foreigner coming over here on our soil bashing our President.

I didn't pay for that.

I would never attended Nugent's concert in the first place.

Yeah, I am no Bush fan, that's for sure. But I take exception to some foreigner coming over here on our soil bashing our President.

I didn't pay for that.

Still, it was Roger Waters. I wouldn't have walked out.

I don't think I ever once saw a rodeo clown in a Bush mask asking about being run down by a bull, no.

Does it always have to be an EXACT comparison?

Still, it was Roger Waters. I wouldn't have walked out.

You certainly don't buy tickets for a Rogers Waters concert not knowing he's an ornery old controversialist. Heck much of his music is blatantly political. I find it weird that anyone would be shocked by seeing the name George Bush written on an inflatable pig.

Good move on
behalf of the fair. I don't want to pay my good money to go see some clown voice his political opinions. That's what I come here for.

Yea I here you, Floyd is one of my favorite bands too and I was a bit conflicted by Waters AND Glimour's politics.

But, I compartmentalized the issue, and ignored their rants, chalking them up to years of substance abuse and the effects of the isolated lives that Celebrities live.

Surrounded by Psychophants and yes men, their goofy assertions are never challenged and they've never learned the value of humility.

So their radical views just grow into destructive and one sided ideologies.

I'll give up on them entirely if the turn into full blown hypocrites, like Matt Damon for example.

Preaches the value of public eeucation but sends his kids to private schools.

LOL !!

Yea, it's not very " civil " to be targeted by the IRS for your Political or religious beleiefs.

Its not very "civil" to be lied to by the Secretary of State over the deaths of four Americans because it was politically expedient.

No one owes this President or his incompetent corrupt administration any " civillity"

LOL...there is a HUGE difference between mature demonstrations, speaking out and actively seeking to better one's government which is what ADULTS do....vs. childish, immature, juvenile pranks. Productive citizens understand the clear distinction.

Yea I here you, Floyd is one of my favorite bands too and I was a bit conflicted by Waters AND Glimour's politics.

But, I compartmentalized the issue, and ignored their rants, chalking them up to years of substance abuse and the effects of the isolated lives that Celebrities live.

Surrounded by Psychophants and yes men, their goofy assertions are never challenged and they've never learned the value of humility.

So their radical views just grow into destructive and one sided ideologies.

I'll give up on them entirely if the turn into full blown hypocrites, like Matt Damon for example.

Preaches the value of public eeucation but sends his kids to private schools.

I agree with you to a point. I have no problem with an entertainer voicing a political point of view...however if an entertainer were to have someone in a pig costume with GWB's face or a clown costume with Ronald Reagan's face or anything similarly childish and silly I would be pissed off as well.

LOL...there is a HUGE difference between mature demonstrations, speaking out and actively seeking to better one's government which is what ADULTS do....vs. childish, immature, juvenile pranks. Productive citizens understand the clear distinction.

lol, for some reason I have my doubts that YOU always understand this distinction. And I seriously doubt it's even a concern when you're partial to the politics being displayed

lol, for some reason I have my doubts that YOU always understand this distinction. And I seriously doubt it's even a concern when you're partial to the politics being displayed

Nope. You are wrong. If this clown was wearing a Mitt Romney mask or a GWB mask I would feel the same way. I believe in grown-up/adult demonstration. If someone at a demonstration burns an effigy of GWB I would say the same thing. It cheapens their cause and takes away from the message. This rodeo fool did nothing to advance his cause, he simply made himself and the state of Missouri look idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom