• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi

Spell Mississippi/Call the Senate Race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think of Harry Morgan playing General Steele

Sorry, I don't get it, or rather, with respect, I think you didn't. It's like saying Blazing Saddles was a racist movie.

Racism is like pregnancy. One is or one isn't

And what pray tell is the definitive "racism" test? Is there like a little cross that becomes ablaze when the subject of the test pees on it?
Red:
  • What has whether there be or be no "definitive racism test" to do with whether racism is endogenously or exogenously existential? Nothing.
    • My better judgment suggests to me the rhetorical purpose for your asking me the "red" question is to setup a retort premised on sort of ad ignorantiam rebuttal/refutation.
  • Insofar as you are a self-avowed "very conservative" person, I am reluctant to think that were you presented with a definitive test, you'd not remark cogently and comprehensively on its methodology, but rather would summarily deny the nature of its conclusiveness. Is my supposition mistaken?
  • There is no denying that racism came into existence, that white people have, in the US, been its preponderant haborers, that whites have been the principal exhibitors of its effects, and that non-whites have been the principal suffers of those manifested effects. Inasmuch as we know racism came to exist, the question is does it remain in existence. Thus if there's a test to be developed and implemented, it's one that determines (1) whether racism and its symptomatic outcomes/behaviors are or are no longer manifest, and (2) because that which no longer exists must have, at some point, ceased to exist, when racism and its outcomes/behaviors ceased to manifest.
    • The IRRS is such a test for #1. From among the ~15 other types of tests in the racism-testing genre[SUP]1[/SUP], it is the one I know to have withstood rigorous scrutiny. (That's not to say others haven't; it's to say it's the one I know of that has.)

The IRRS identifies the "occurrence and perceived magnitude of specific events of racism and discrimination that African Americans potentially experience in their daily lives." You can review various applications of that test and the outcomes it's yielded. If you are concerned about the compliance of IRRS with strictures of exploratory factor analyses (EFA), review Nunnally; I can tell you now, IRRS is compliant with all components of EFA and extraction protocols.
  • Why did you need to ask me about a specific test? Could you not reason on your own that quantitative analysis offers four general approaches for testing whether racism exists? Surely you don't think that for as long as we've been battling racism that scores of researchers haven't used all of them to develop instruments for measuring racism.

approacheschartpng~1

Note:
  1. Additional instruments exist and you can use Google Scholar to obtain information about them. Some of them include:
    • Perceived Racism Scale
    • Telephone Administered Perceived Racism Scale
    • Perceptions of Racism Scale
    • Index of Race-Related Stress-Brief Version
    • Index of Race-Related Stress for Adolescents
    • Perceived Ethnic Discrimination Questionnaire
    • Perceived Ethnic Discrimination Questionnaire Community Version
    • Perceived Ethnic Discrimination Questionnaire Community Version-Brief
    • Schedule of Racist Events
    • Workplace Racial Bias Measure
    • Workplace Prejudice/Discrimination Inventory
    • The Asian-American Racism-Related Stress Inventory
    • Race-Related Stressor Scale for Asian-American Vietnam Veterans
    • Measure of Indigenous Racism Experiences
    • Adolescent Discrimination Distress Index

Sorry, I don't get it, or rather, with respect, I think you didn't. It's like saying Blazing Saddles was a racist movie.

I didn't make the YouTube title. I just get a kick out of the General Steele character.

You said Mississippi was rigged in favor of Hyde-Smith. The run-off election law affected both Hyde smith and espy because neither of them of them got over 50% of the vote

Gerrymandering isn't rigging a system? Lolwut?

yes, I use the song by Jeanie C Riley each and every time I attempt to spell it.
I DO get it right though.
You know, the lady who sang Ode to Billy Joe.
It was on the flip side of the 45.

(Clearing my throat) ahhem...." M..I...double S, I...Double S, I...double P, I. "
You will always get it right if you do that.

Last edited:
Gerrymandering isn't rigging a system? Lolwut?

If the entire state population is participating in the election of a senator, then I fail to see how Gerrymandering, the act of manipulating the shape of congressional districts to determine the composition of the voters in that district, applies to electing someone who represents the entire state and not a specific congressional district.

If the entire state population is participating in the election of a senator, then I fail to see how Gerrymandering, the act of manipulating the shape of congressional districts to determine the composition of the voters in that district, applies to electing someone who represents the entire state and not a specific congressional district.

The only reason Hyde-Smith didn't win outright was because of McDaniels. Otherwise, as far as virtually every factor goes it was rigged in favor of the Republican party writ-large.

The only reason Hyde-Smith didn't win outright was because of McDaniels. Otherwise, as far as virtually every factor goes it was rigged in favor of the Republican party writ-large.

There is no garentee that McDaniel voters will vote for Hyde smith.

There is no garentee that McDaniel voters will vote for Hyde smith.

Missing the point.

And it isn't just gerrymandering, as my previous post indicates...

How the GOP rigs elections: Gerrymandering, Voter-ID Laws, Dark Money - RollingStone

Let alone the fact that MS is one of the most ultra-conservative, deep-dark-red pro-GOP states in the entire country, if not THE most PERIOD.

There is absolutely NO reason WHATsoever to think Hyde-Smith will lose other than wishful thinking...

NONE.

ZILCH.

NADA.

ZERO.

I didn't make the YouTube title. I just get a kick out of the General Steele character.

He was indeed something. I liked Harry Morgan since the “December Bride” show of decades ago. He played a wisecracking neighbor to perfection.

He was indeed something. I liked Harry Morgan since the “December Bride” show of decades ago. He played a wisecracking neighbor to perfection.

You are probably not old enough to remember him as Sgt. Friday’s partner......

My grandma had a different funny little song about it. It involved saying "curly letter" for the esses. I don't remember the whole thing though.

I always heard it "crooked letter." M-I-crooked letter, crooked letter- I- crooked-letter, crooked letter - I - hump back, hump back, I.

That's the new Dragnet with Harry Morgan. Friday's partner was called Officer Frank Smith in the first TV Dragnet.

Hyde-Smith has hinted at possessing just enough Mississippi-DNA-racism to probably win.

The definition of being a racist to you is anyone who does not declare hatred of white people, correct?

Wrong, my son... I am old enough to 1- remember Sgt. Friday's original partner, actor I can't remember who played a character named Frank Smith. 2- "December Bride" preceded even that. He played a neighbor named Pete.

As per her economy. With the Chinese import taxes, will these include Chinese clay? Are there more clay reserves other than the ones that Oil-Dri operate?

yes, I use the song by Jeanie C Riley each and every time I attempt to spell it.
I DO get it right though.
You know, the lady who sang Ode to Billy Joe.
It was on the flip side of the 45.

(Clearing my throat) ahhem...." M..I...double S, I...Double S, I...double P, I. "
You will always get it right if you do that.

Now i am not sure.
For accuracy's sake, I think Jeanie C. Riley sang Harper valley PTA.
and i have a brain cloud as to who sang Ode To Billy Joe.

Either way it was the singer who did Ode To Billy Joe that also sang M, I ...double S, I...Double S, I ...double P, I.

Back
Top Bottom