• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mississippi

Spell Mississippi/Call the Senate Race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dumbest, least healthy and arguably only US state which approaches third world ****hole status...

ms_health_scorecard.jpg

I can see Hyde-Smith winning by a large margin.

right in front of California

A neanderthal racist deplorable running in a state with a ton of such folks..... this one is a lock - Hyde-Smith by a solid ten points or more.

I would love see Espy win - but the deck is stacked more against him than even Texas against Beto.

I have listened to and enjoyed the whole song countless times. I learned to spell Mississippi long before I ever heard the song.

And what pray tell is the definitive "racism" test? Is there like a little cross that becomes ablaze when the subject of the test pees on it?

Anyone who isn't liberal.

yes, I use the song by Jeanie C Riley each and every time I attempt to spell it.
I DO get it right though.
You know, the lady who sang Ode to Billy Joe.
It was on the flip side of the 45.

(Clearing my throat) ahhem...." M..I...double S, I...Double S, I...double P, I. "
You will always get it right if you do that.

Now lets spell TN. :)

I knew combining the two polls was going to skew the percentages, but when I add the percentages up, I come up with a number substantially higher than 100%......approx 136, as it stands now. What happened?

OK, teacher, let me see here if i can make a diddy out of it?

Tennessee

T E double N E, double S and double EE.
(added the "double EE" at the end to make it rhyme)

Good one. I find people who spell well (my attempt at poetry) fascinating. I can't spell longer words without writing them down first.:3oops:

Hyde-Smith has hinted at possessing just enough Mississippi-DNA-racism to probably win.

Thats a stupid thing to say. If Mississippi is so filled with racists, she would need do nothing more than show her white skin to defeat a black candidate. Stop race baiting every issue.

Thats a stupid thing to say. If Mississippi is so filled with racists, she would need do nothing more than show her white skin to defeat a black candidate. Stop race baiting every issue.

That’s only because some black people are allowed to vote and express their displeasure with all the racism down there now. Otherwise, she could campaign in a white sheet and hood, and then win by a landslide.

Good one. I find people who spell well (my attempt at poetry) fascinating. I can't spell longer words without writing them down first.:3oops:

I have always been a good speller, but now with these tremors, I can not type so well.
I have to edit everything about four to six times before posting.

I have Dragon Speech-to-text but have not learned to use it yet.

Now i am not sure.
For accuracy's sake, I think Jeanie C. Riley sang Harper valley PTA.
and i have a brain cloud as to who sang Ode To Billy Joe.

Either way it was the singer who did Ode To Billy Joe that also sang M, I ...double S, I...Double S, I ...double P, I.

I believe you are referring to Miss Bobbie Gentry....

M I double S I double S I double P I

Right in the middle of the cotton belt
Down in the Mississippi Delta
Wearin' last years possum pelt
Smack dab in the Mississippi Delta

Have me a little of that Johnny cake
A little bit of that apple pan dowdy
Pickin them scoopenoggin's off that vine
Chigger bite, it's goin' to beat howdy

Ate me a bucket of Muscadine
Sit on the riverbank after dark
Drop my line down a crawdad hole
Do him in with a scaly bark

One-ree-o-ree-eerie-ann
Fidles-farce-nickory-john-queery-quan

Wearin last years possum pelt

Sittin here scratchin' mosquito bites
Old fox, I done give him the slip
Watchin' the mornin' glories grow
In Biloxi on an overnight trip

I bet five dollars to win two bits
Eat a peppermint stick on Sunday
Ain't no use in'a hurrying up
Can't leave till a week from Monday

One-ree-o-ree-eerie-ann

In the Mississippi Delta
Miss-iss-siss-ippi Delta

I believe you are referring to Miss Bobbie Gentry....

Wearin' last years possum pelt

Have me a little of that Johnny cake
A little bit of that apple pan dowdy
Pickin them scoopenoggin's off that vine
Chigger bite, it's goin' to beat howdy

Ate me a bucket of Muscadine
Sit on the riverbank after dark
Drop my line down a crawdad hole
Do him in with a scaly bark

One-ree-o-ree-eerie-ann

Wearin last years possum pelt

Sittin here scratchin' mosquito bites
Old fox, I done give him the slip
Watchin' the mornin' glories grow
In Biloxi on an overnight trip

I bet five dollars to win two bits
Eat a peppermint stick on Sunday
Ain't no use in'a hurrying up
Can't leave till a week from Monday

One-ree-o-ree-eerie-ann

In the Mississippi Delta
Miss-iss-siss-ippi Delta

Ahh, the memories. Thank you.
Yup, that is her. Miss Bobby Gentry.
Though both of them were pretty hot looking babes.

Hearing that old song makes me want to wiggle my toes in the mud just for old times sake.

Ahh, the memories. Thank you.
Yup, that is her. Miss Bobby Gentry.
Though both of them were pretty hot looking babes.

Hot indeed.

I had to tell them to quit calling me at home. The wife was getting jealous.

LOL!

58 Republicans in the Senate. All we need now is for Ginsberg to croak.

58 Republicans in the Senate. All we need now is for Ginsberg to croak.

My goodness, no wonder cons have a bad rep. Shame shame shame.

“Her win on Tuesday means Republicans will hold 53 seats to Democrats' 47 seats in the Senate in January. The GOP grew its majority in the Senate by two seats in this year's midterm elections even as Democrats took control of the House.”

When you grow seats, the other side loses seats. It was 51 - 49 now it's 53 - 47, huge difference. Before it was a 2 point Republican lead now it's a 6 point lead, meaning the Republican Senate can lose votes and still pass what they want.

When you grow seats, the other side loses seats. It was 51 - 49 now it's 53 - 47, huge difference. Before it was a 2 point Republican lead now it's a 6 point lead, meaning the Republican Senate can lose votes and still pass what they want.

Where does the number “58” factor in?

“Her win on Tuesday means Republicans will hold 53 seats to Democrats' 47 seats in the Senate in January. The GOP grew its majority in the Senate by two seats in this year's midterm elections even as Democrats took control of the House.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/poli...ppi-senate-runoff-midterm-election/index.html

Actually it's a far bigger victory than just 2 seats. McConnell with only 51 seats had to go through pretzel like contortions to corral even
50 votes for anything to get through the senate. McCain, Flake, Corker, Collins & Murlowski were often thorns in his side. So he only had
46 for sure. Now with more solid Republicans in the fold he only has to worry about Murlowski & Collins. A solid 51 with the new senators
in Tennesse, Indiana, Florida, N. Dakota & Missouri solidly in favor of Trump's agenda.

If he had this new senate abolishing Obamacare would have been no problem at all & the Kvanaugh
SCOTUS vote would have been a slam dunk!

Last edited:
Actually it's a far bigger victory than just 2 seats. McConnell with only 51 seats had to go through pretzel like contortions to corral even
50 votes for anything to get through the senate. McCain, Flake, Corker, Collins & Murlowski were often thorns in his side. So he only had
46 for sure. Now with more solid Republicans in the fold he only has to worry about Murlowski & Collins. A solid 51 with the new senators
in Tennesse, Indiana, Florida, N. Dakota & Missouri solidly in favor of Trump's ajenda.

Are all you lot math challenged?

Back
Top Bottom