• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

Of course I did. I explained my position on that in great detail.

Basically, you claim to be the arbiter for everyone else's needs. Sorry. It's just a silly position.

I looked: here is what you said

1) limits need to be established and lines need to be drawn
2) there is no need for normal capacity magazines
3) some courts have allowed these limits

MISSING IS any argument why the line drawing is proper or where the line would become unreasonable or unconstitutional
Don't lie about what I said.

Try again.

More irresponsible folk who should have NEVER, EVER had a "right" to firearms and ammunition. Thats how it is with almost all so called "responsible, legal gun owners"

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(I'll throw a party)

Basically, you claim to be the arbiter for everyone else's needs. Sorry. It's just a silly position.
he claims that LINES NEED TO BE DRAWN, and pretended that a magazine limit is the same as a legal drinking age.

More irresponsible folk who should have NEVER, EVER had a "right" to firearms and ammunition. Thats how it is with almost all so called "responsible, legal gun owners"

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(I'll throw a party)

Will you make balloon animals?

BAN. THEM. ALL.

(I'll throw a party)
yeah, your moronic position appears to be nothing more than trolling nonsense.

Did you not say that nobody needs a 30 round magazine? Why, yes you did.

Now apologize.
yeah here is some of his wisdom

I am fine with limiting magazine size.

Like I said, I am a real gun owner not a gun owner for politics sake.

Same reason most lines need to be drawn.

In this particular case.....

Large capacity magazines serve no valid purpose in situations where a gun would be used legally.

On the other hand if you want to kill as many people as possible in a crowded place before they can escape, it would help to have a couple of high capacity magazines.

Most people agree that a 50 round drum is ridiculously unreasonable.

Most people agree that a one round limit would be ridiculously unreasonable.

10 or 12 does seem reasonable.

he claims that LINES NEED TO BE DRAWN, and pretended that a magazine limit is the same as a legal drinking age.

I wonder if he would support Universal Background Checks for guns and motor vehicles? Reasonable gun and motor vehicle control.

Those laws are constitutional.
Given that under DC v Heller and Caetano v Massachusetts, the Second Amendment protects all bearable arms in common use for lawful purposes, are you claiming that semiautomatic rifles and standard capacity magazines aren't included in "bearable arms in common use for lawful purposes"?

Apologize?

Are you kidding?

No. But you don't have to, of course. Neither do you have to admit that you claimed to be arbiter of the needs of everyone. At least so far as magazines go. Are there other things where you have the authority to determine other people's needs?

No. But you don't have to, of course. Neither do you have to admit that you claimed to be arbiter of the needs of everyone. At least so far as magazines go. Are there other things where you have the authority to determine other people's needs?
What utter and complete nonsense.

What utter and complete nonsense.
what evasive bullshit. YOU NEVER gave us a reason why a line drawing was reasonable-you tried pretend it was akin to an age restriction on alcohol. Complete fail

you NEVER explained why banning commonly owned firearms was reasonable.

Because no one needs more than that except wannabe soldiers playing dress up and criminals.

I can't even imagine a situation where a responsible gun owner, using his guns for legal reasons, would need more than 10 rounds.

(Though 30 round magazines would come in handy if you want to open fire in a crowd and kill as many people as possible before they have a chance to run and hide)

Well, there it is. And no apology.

The parents should be charged and thrown in prison. It's a damn shame these parents bought their kid a gun. What is wrong with society where parents are buying their underaged mentally deranged son a gun?

So much for responsible gun owners. Give me a break!

I don't know.

The parents are dopes, do we put people in prison for being dopes and hopping for the best?

I don't know.

The parents are dopes, do we put people in prison for being dopes and hopping for the best?

They tried to flee the country for goodness sakes.

the anti gun advocates wallow in an Orwellian swamp

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gun nutters, what can we do with them? You can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.

what evasive bullshit. YOU NEVER gave us a reason why a line drawing was reasonable-you tried pretend it was akin to an age restriction on alcohol. Complete fail

you NEVER explained why banning commonly owned firearms was reasonable.
Covered that already.

You are going in circles.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gun nutters, what can we do with them? You can't live with them, you can't get rid of them.
you should really try to get rid of us given all the hysterical faux hatred you lob at gun owners and gun rights advocates. Your anti gun sewage is so over the top, I suspect you work for a pro gun group

Covered that already.

You are going in circles.
bullshit

saying we need a line does not prove it is reasonable

saying we draw other lines does not make this one reasonable

saying some courts have allowed line drawing is not an explanation

Back
Top Bottom