• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

so case law has no relevance: Okie dokie
Of course case law has relevance. The case law makes it clear that such laws are constitutional and are established law. They have been in use for 100 years.

Other cases not prosecuted are not case law.

An attorney would understand that.

Not if there are rational people on the jury instead of mentally-unhinged leftist filth.

What about the mentally unhinged rightest filth...what about them

Even though I appreciate tat's more than a little tautological.

What about the mentally unhinged rightest filth...what about them

Even though I appreciate tat's more than a little tautological.

He meant his that way too.

Of course case law has relevance. The case law makes it clear that such laws are constitutional and are established law. They have been in use for 100 years.

Other cases not prosecuted are not case law.

An attorney would understand that.
I understand that those who support semi auto bans, magazine limits and bans on buying ammo on line are not pro gun and hate the second amendment

I understand that those who support semi auto bans, magazine limits and bans on buying ammo on line are not pro gun and hate the second amendment

The 2A is a blood soaked, hateful document.

And I understand that gun lovers hate freedom and want to see most people in the USA oppressed.

Changing the subject?

You weren't an attorney.

Changing the subject?

You weren't an attorney.
There is far more evidence that I am an attorney than supports your lie that you are "pro gun" when you support magazine bans, semi auto bans, bans on on-line ammo sales etc

There is far more evidence that I am an attorney than supports your lie that you are "pro gun" when you support magazine bans, semi auto bans, bans on on-line ammo sales etc
Lol.

it is no laughing matter to claim you support the second amendment while believing the government should ban semi auto rifles, or normal capacity magazines

it is no laughing matter to claim you support the second amendment while believing the government should ban semi auto rifles, or normal capacity magazines
Covered that.

Covered that.
not well. You cannot say you support the second amendment while also claiming the governments have a legitimate power to ban firearms that are in common use or normal capacity magazines.

not well. You cannot say you support the second amendment while also claiming the governments have a legitimate power to ban firearms that are in common use or normal capacity magazines.
Very well.

I support the second ammendment AND reasonable gun control.

We covered that already.

Very well.

We covered that already.
there is nothing reasonable about supporting bans on semi autos or magazines

Very well.

We covered that already.
What is "reasonable" about supporting unconstitutional laws?

What if someone else considers Japan's gun control laws to be "reasonable"?

For this ban on semiautomatic rifles and standard capacity magazines that you support, how would you define "ban"?

there is nothing reasonable about supporting bans on semi autos or magazines
I proved you wrong on that.

It is very reasonable and allowed under the 2nd.

We covered that already.

Why do you insist on going in circles?

What is "reasonable" about supporting unconstitutional laws?

What if someone else considers Japan's gun control laws to be "reasonable"?

For this ban on semiautomatic rifles and standard capacity magazines that you support, how would you define "ban"?
Those laws are constitutional.

I proved you wrong on that.

It is very reasonable and allowed under the 2nd.

We covered that already.

Why do you insist on going in circles?
no it is not reasonable and it violates Heller. You seem unable to comprehend that if you think the government can ban 11 round magazines, you must concede it can ban 5 round magazines. And semi auto rifles have been around for over ONE HUNDRED YEARS

you are a gun banner who wants to pretend you are in favor of the 2A

no it is not reasonable and it violates Heller. You seem unable to comprehend that if you think the government can ban 11 round magazines, you must concede it can ban 5 round magazines. And semi auto rifles have been around for over ONE HUNDRED YEARS

you are a gun banner who wants to pretend you are in favor of the 2A
Going circles.

Going circles.
tell us when a magazine limit becomes unreasonable and what features on a semi auto rifle makes it "Unusually dangerous" and thus REASONABLE to ban

tell us when a magazine limit becomes unreasonable and what features on a semi auto rifle makes it "Unusually dangerous" and thus REASONABLE to ban
Covered that already. In great detail.

Review.

Stop going in circles.

Covered that already. In great detail.

Review.

Stop going in circles.
no you didn't. I don't recall you ever saying when a magazine limit becomes unconstitutional or unreasonable. The reason why is if you buy into the mindless bullshit that banning magazines will keep killers from getting them, you have already decided you will support more and more restrictions if the current ones don't "work". and they are only intended to pretend to work, so that gives you grounds to demand more and more "reasonable" restrictions that only impact honest people

no you didn't. I don't recall you ever saying when a magazine limit becomes unconstitutional or unreasonable. The reason why is if you buy into the mindless bullshit that banning magazines will keep killers from getting them, you have already decided you will support more and more restrictions if the current ones don't "work". and they are only intended to pretend to work, so that gives you grounds to demand more and more "reasonable" restrictions that only impact honest people
Of course I did. I explained my position on that in great detail.

Of course I did. I explained my position on that in great detail.
I looked: here is what you said

1) limits need to be established and lines need to be drawn
2) there is no need for normal capacity magazines
3) some courts have allowed these limits

MISSING IS any argument why the line drawing is proper or where the line would become unreasonable or unconstitutional

Back
Top Bottom