• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress about Trump real estate project in Russia

The most unfortunate thing though, might be losing the cooperative witness that was inside the Trump Tower's Russian Meeting (Manafort).

Lots of theories flying around right now, and one of them is that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

“Sometimes as a prosecutor I’d pass info to the defense attorney FULLY expecting it’d go to defense witnesses. I’d then sit back & listen to the witnesses call each other to get their stories straight & fill out my conspiracy case. Mueller is 100x smarter than i was.”

https://twitter.com/repswalwell/status/1068015874072817664?s=21

I've already demonstrated you are lying about any of the charges so far being related to perjury traps. You're towing the "Cover Trump's bare Ass" line, you should stop.
They have to demonstrate that the lie is directly related to matters material to the investigation.
They have to demonstrate intent (typically trying to cover it up OTHER than the lie itself, demonstrates intent)
Perjury is a serious crime, a felony, and is routinely used in white collar conspiracy and crime ring investigations.

Asking Cohen about his Trump Tower dealings is not a perjury Trap, it's routine investigation, it was the ****ing senate that asked him, and he provided false, written responses.
So where is mycrofts positions now.
birther (based on no evidence)
refuses to believe Russia hacked the DNC (based no no evidence)
All Trump's cronies indicted under perjury charges were all "perjury traps", based no no evidence.

Your posts are as deplorable as they get.
"Matters material to the investigation"

Wouldn't we need to know the scope to determine that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And now 45 has changed his mind about meeting with Putin, after saying he would about less than hour ago, citing the Ukraine-Russia business.;)

Now THIS is what I've been asking for. Thank you.

Hmmm...

Doesn't look like much. I wonder what kind of sentence the court will impose?
Quite honestly, and not speaking flippantly, it looks like Mueller is laying the ground for multiple conspiracy cases, including perhaps obstruction of justice .

I knew that sleaze was involved! I could smell it!

(and I suspect likely flipped too, even if not formally shown through court documents)
Yeah, NY real estate development is full of sleeze...

Was it illegal to develop real estate in Russia in 2016?

Because he has no legal defense. He uses public political defenses, because he it's all he has. And it seems to be at least moderately effective. Ex: He's never going to be removed by the Senate.
It does appear that way. Delay, deny, destroy, seems to be the defense. The longer it's delayed, the more time they have to build their phony political narrative.

But I think once the real accusations are laid out, it may not be nearly as effective as it appears to us...since really we're just waiting for a year+, no real fighting back. So far, it's been Trump/Fox/Fake News engaged in the fight, with no response from DOJ. it's been entirely one-sided. The media has ridiculed and poked holes in the right wing narrative, sure, but that's like the crowd heckling them. They are in the ring, shadow boxing and the fans are cheering.
Here is the fight:
1. The Public Case: Do we have enough evidence for Trump's base to oppose him on ethical, legal, moral, grounds - Democrats would do this quickly. Republicans have decided to support Trump on this for now.
2. Criminal Case #1 Mueller fingers Trump's campaign and/or Trump for conspiracy, and related charges like perjury, obstruction
3. Other civil/Criminal cases (Trump foundation, possible tax evasion, etc)
4. Democratic leadership in the House uncovers numerous ethical and criminal violations related to the enormous breadth of this debacle, possibly leading who knows what for Trump campaign folks, Trump, and others.

Clearly #1 isn't effective, we can't rely on Republican voters, Republican House, or Republican Senate to be good stewards of our nation.
But we haven't seen #2 yet, it's just a tightening noose.
And #3 and #4 are in the wings, but both seem promising, especially #4.

I think the combined pressure of Mueller's case wrapping up, and House hammering, if there is sufficient evidence of crimes legally presented against Trump (not indicted, just presented), obstruction, perjury, and conspiracy, they may buckle.

Point being, the Senate has only been tested on "it looks bad for Trump". They have not yet been tested on "criminal evidence on multiple felony charges has been irrefutably laid out by Mueller/others". I believe with sufficient evidence from DOJ they will do the right thing, if impeachment passes.

Quite honestly, and not speaking flippantly, it looks like Mueller is laying the ground for multiple conspiracy cases, including perhaps obstruction of justice .

Perhaps.

If so, I hope, for his sake, he has more to hang his hat on than this stuff from Cohen.

Was it illegal to develop real estate in Russia in 2016?Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If he lied about it in statements to Mueller, yes.

Why has Trump lied and obfuscated on this issue for all this time? Prosecutors see that as evidence of guilt, and if related to crimes, criminal intent.

Remember, Muller's report will only give us one side of the story

Was it illegal to develop real estate in Russia in 2016?

Only if subjects or witnesses of an investigation lied to Congress, The FBI, the SC or a GJ about it.

Here's Trump's defense stated to reporters this morning:

Absolutely mind boggling that he can think this is a good thing to say, and to truly believe it.

You conveniently left out context...
Trump said today that there was 'nothing wrong' in considering Moscow deal in 2016....
Where's the crime?

Trump said he decided to pass on the project for "for a lot of reasons," primarily because he was focused on running for president.

"Everybody knew about it, it was a well-known project," Trump said. "It lasted a short period of time. I didn't do the project. I decided not to do the project, so I didn't do it."

Also, Cohen informed the family about the developments in the Russia dealings. That would implicate them and their testimonies as well if they lied to Congress...They might want to "clean up" their testimonies if they were not truthful.
This is why Trump is so freaked, lately The newly installed Dem House will obviously go after everyone involved, everyone that perjured themselves before them, including Trump's family. And they and the Intelligence Committee will be slinging subpoenas like nobody's business.

But the thing is, many of us that followed this mess with an open mind clearly saw this coming. It just needed a Dem House to be put into action. This stuff isn't rocket science, when evaluated fairly with an open mind.

For all of you who think THIS IS IT!! WE GOT HIM NOW!! I suggest you take a step back and listen to a voice of reason.

Sorry Corsi was complaining about a perjury trap two weeks ago and now he has totally changed his story. So it's not a voice of reason you are listening to. The Fox News feedback loop is about two days behind.

Remember, Muller's report will only give us one side of the story

Yeah, the truth.

Seriously?
That's it??

:lol:

Yeah, well Cohen's last name prolly isn't even Cohen. It's prolly Gambino. Fact, almost. And he only has three fingers and a thumb on each hand. He's a cartoon character. 'Nuther fact, almost.

If he lied about it in statements to Mueller, yes.

Why has Trump lied and obfuscated on this issue for all this time? Prosecutors see that as evidence of guilt, and if related to crimes, criminal intent.
We don't know if that was the case.

For all we know Trump told the truth and that sunk Cohen

The lying bastard Trump was perusing a real-estate deal in Russia while running for POTUS.

I think they focused on the Moscow project just so the MSM can confuse people into thinking it has something to do with the election,
it appears that people are confused.

We don't know if that was the case.

For all we know Trump told the truth and that sunk Cohen

You would make a piss poor policeman. Probably an even worse attorney. The laughable gullibility there.:lamo

They would not have come with this indictment without it beng a piece of a bigger puzzle. They're using this to get to someone else. For anyone to think TRump's fixer doesn't have the good sis silly.:roll:

Lots of theories flying around right now, and one of them is that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

“Sometimes as a prosecutor I’d pass info to the defense attorney FULLY expecting it’d go to defense witnesses. I’d then sit back & listen to the witnesses call each other to get their stories straight & fill out my conspiracy case. Mueller is 100x smarter than i was.”

https://twitter.com/repswalwell/status/1068015874072817664?s=21
See, that's the thing. I was thinking of starting a thread on this, because it has me so perplexed.

Given Mueller's apparent high levels of competence and experience, I'm lost to understand how the Manafort dual-agent kick-back occurred.

I only see two choices:

1] Mueller got duped

2] Mueller played it this way

These two are irreconcilable in my mind.

If #1, it seems to show Mueller was desperate to get Manafort's testimony, and critically needs him to complete his case in the Trump Tower or other important matters.

If #2, then wow. Big things might go down.

Sorry Corsi was complaining about a perjury trap two weeks ago and now he has totally changed his story. So it's not a voice of reason you are listening to. The Fox News feedback loop is about two days behind.

My post has nothing to do with Corsi.

Focus, eh?

Back
Top Bottom