• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress about Trump real estate project in Russia

The BIG LIE from Cohen:

"Cohen said in court that in 2017, he submitted a written statement to Congress saying all efforts relating to the real estate project in Moscow had ceased by January 2016. Cohen said that in fact these efforts continued until June 2016."

:lamo

On the radoo they were interviewing someone tangentially involved in the trump campaign, that your post reminded me of.

The crime for one of the individuals charged by mueller, was lying to the fbi. Apparently, the fbi asked during the interview if they took any action on an email he had recieved. The answer was no. The fbi agents left the room and came back saying he would be charged for lying to the fbi, because he had simply forwarded the email on to someone else.

That was the best they could come up with.

On the radoo they were interviewing someone tangentially involved in the trump campaign, that your post reminded me of.

The crime for one of the individuals charged by mueller, was lying to the fbi. Apparently, the fbi asked during the interview if they took any action on an email he had recieved. The answer was no. The fbi agents left the room and came back saying he would be charged for lying to the fbi, because he had simply forwarded the email on to someone else.

Name of the radoo man pls

Which goes to show: if you’re not a lying, criminal scumbag, you don’t need to have a good memory.

Not that I’m taking your post at face value, mind you.

Was phone auto correct. Anyway, I believe it was John Howell - WLS Chicago.

I think that would be "auto incorrect". I've never had a phone with this feature.

I think that would "auto incorrect". I've never had a phone with this feature.

Yah, my phone is fun. It turns "thought" into "tjo i ght". Normally I catch it, sometimes it sneaks in anyway.

So you're sitting here peeing your panties pretending this isn't happening. I should have known.

The article said exactly what happened. But ignore it until you get your marching orders from Sean Hannity.

Snark and insults are not to your advantage. They just make you look inept at answering questions or providing information.

Anyway, I have not pretended this isn't happening. Far from it.

The article doesn't tell me what I am asking. Perhaps you don't understand what I'm asking, eh? I'll try to clarify for you...

What was the statement that Cohen made to Congress that was a lie? (not what the statement was about) What is the true statement he should have given Congress?

btw, don't you think Congress would like to know this, as well?

Trump barely knew Cohen. He just got covfefe for everyone a couple of times.

Snark and insults are not to your advantage. They just make you look inept at answering questions or providing information.

The article doesn't tell me what I am asking. Perhaps you don't understand what I'm asking, eh? I'll try to clarify for you...

What was the statement that Cohen made to Congress that was a lie? (not what the statement was about) What is the true statement he should have given Congress?

Why don't you ask Cohen? He's the one who is pleading guilty to lying.

Sources are now reporting that questions regarding Trump Tower Moscow were in the list of questions Trump responded to in his take home test. Might explain why the guilty plea is coming out today, so soon after Trump submitted his answers.

The plea documents are public. I posted links to them. You can read them if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post

For all of you who think THIS IS IT!! WE GOT HIM NOW!! I suggest you take a step back and listen to a voice of reason.
Dumbest garbage you've posted so far. "Perjury trap" isn't really a thing no matter how much you want to latch onto it. You can't be tricked into lying.
Yep A very dumb garbage of Mycroft to think you might listen to the voice of reason because RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!
:lol:

The BIG LIE from Cohen:

"Cohen said in court that in 2017, he submitted a written statement to Congress saying all efforts relating to the real estate project in Moscow had ceased by January 2016. Cohen said that in fact these efforts continued until June 2016."

Now THIS is what I've been asking for. Thank you.

Hmmm...

Doesn't look like much. I wonder what kind of sentence the court will impose?

Not being privy to the inside workings of the Mueller investigation, I believe the raiding of Cohen’s office will be the single greatest turning point in the investigation on trump.

(The raiding of Deutsche Bank is probably a big deal too).
The most unfortunate thing though, might be losing the cooperative witness that was inside the Trump Tower's Russian Meeting (Manafort).

Also, Cohen informed the family about the developments in the Russia dealings. That would implicate them and their testimonies as well if they lied to Congress...They might want to "clean up" their testimonies if they were not truthful.

Last edited:
I don't think you know what a perjury trap is. It has nothing to do with being "tricked into lying".

I've already demonstrated you are lying about any of the charges so far being related to perjury traps. You're towing the "Cover Trump's bare Ass" line, you should stop.
They have to demonstrate that the lie is directly related to matters material to the investigation.
They have to demonstrate intent (typically trying to cover it up OTHER than the lie itself, demonstrates intent)
Perjury is a serious crime, a felony, and is routinely used in white collar conspiracy and crime ring investigations.

Asking Cohen about his Trump Tower dealings is not a perjury Trap, it's routine investigation, it was the ****ing senate that asked him, and he provided false, written responses.
So where is mycrofts positions now.
birther (based on no evidence)
refuses to believe Russia hacked the DNC (based no no evidence)
All Trump's cronies indicted under perjury charges were all "perjury traps", based no no evidence.

Your posts are as deplorable as they get.

Here's Trump's defense stated to reporters this morning:

Absolutely mind boggling that he can think this is a good thing to say, and to truly believe it.
Because he has no legal defense. He uses public political defenses, because he it's all he has. And it seems to be at least moderately effective. Ex: He's never going to be removed by the Senate.

Oh my. "The Moscow Project". So it didn't end before the Iowa caucus after all. My goodness. So Trump was still trying to do work with Russia while he was running for the Republican nomination.

Interesting development. Looks like Cohen has opted to not cover Trump's ass after all.
Because ... Trump didn't believe he would win the presidency, at least initially. I believe his campaign started-off as a PR stunt, and remained as such for a fair amount of time.

The Truth in the criminal document:

The Moscow Project was discussed multiple times within the Company and did not end in January 2016

- Trump discussed status/progress more than three times
- also discussed with Trump family

Cohen agreed to travel to Russia in connection with the Moscow Project and took steps in contemplation of Trump's possible travel to Russia
- discussed with Trump and a senior campaign official
- meeting was floated with Putin and or Prime Minister of Russia

Cohen did recall that in or around January 2016, Cohen received a response from Putin's press secretary and discussed the project with a Russian subsequently

So Cohen admitted he lied about each of those. It appears they have the email records to back a lot of that.

If Trump is exposed to any criminal liability, this constant parade of lies shows clear intent to cover up/obfuscate, making "intent" seem like a forgone conclusion for anything Trump may be accused of.

The BIG LIE from Cohen:

Seriously?
That's it??

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom