• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress about Trump real estate project in Russia

For all of you who think THIS IS IT!! WE GOT HIM NOW!! I suggest you take a step back and listen to a voice of reason.

Anchor Bill Hemmer asked about a “perjury trap” in the investigation: “Do you think that all of these cases are based on that?”

“I think that a lot of them are,” said Dershowitz.”I think the weakness of Mueller’s substantive findings are suggested by the fact that he has to resort to false statement prosecutions, which really shows that he didn’t start with very much, and the very fact that he’s conducting an investigation has created these crimes.”

“These are not crimes that had been committed prior to his appointment, they’re crimes that were committed as the result of his appointment,” he continued, “and that raises some questions about the role of special prosecutors in creating crimes, or creating opportunities for crimes to be committed.”

“In the end, I don’t think Mueller’s going to come up with very much, in terms of criminal conduct, that existed before he was appointed, and that’s pretty shocking,” said Dershowitz.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/dershow...-committed-as-result-of-muellers-appointment/

Now, the question will be, did Cohen get snagged by Trump's answer, or is it vice versa?

One thing for sure, another process crime notch in the belt...money well spent.

Smh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He told the judge his testimony to Congressional staffers was in order to be consistent with 45.

For all of you who think THIS IS IT!! WE GOT HIM NOW!! I suggest you take a step back and listen to a voice of reason.

Dumbest garbage you've posted so far. "Perjury trap" isn't really a thing no matter how much you want to latch onto it. You can't be tricked into lying.

Dumbest garbage you've posted so far. "Perjury trap" isn't really a thing no matter how much you want to latch onto it. You can't be tricked into lying.

I don't think you know what a perjury trap is. It has nothing to do with being "tricked into lying".

The BIG LIE from Cohen:

"Cohen said in court that in 2017, he submitted a written statement to Congress saying all efforts relating to the real estate project in Moscow had ceased by January 2016. Cohen said that in fact these efforts continued until June 2016."

:lamo

Not being privy to the inside workings of the Mueller investigation, I believe the raiding of Cohen’s office will be the single greatest turning point in the investigation on trump.

(The raiding of Deutsche Bank is probably a big deal too).

Anyone else find it interesting that this guilty plea is happening today, after Manafort's deal was reversed and shortly after Trump submitted his take home test?

Anyone else find it interesting that this guilty plea is happening today, after Manafort's deal was reversed and shortly after Trump submitted his take home test?

It’s possible, but there are so many moving pieces in this investigation that they’re nearly impossible to keep track of. We’ll know how they all fit together when the Netflix documentary comes out in ten years.

The lying bastard Trump was perusing a real-estate deal in Russia while running for POTUS.

Donald Trump in Miami on 27 July 2016 said:
"I can tell you I think if I came up with that they'd say, 'Oh, it's a conspiracy theory, it's ridiculous.'... I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."

Donald Trump in Florida on 24 October 2016 said:
"I have nothing to do with Russia, folks, I'll give you a written statement."

Donald Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!
4:31 AM - 11 Jan 2017

The lying bastard Trump was perusing a real-estate deal in Russia while running for POTUS.

Per an earlier poster, Cohen said that he lied when he said those deals ended in January of 2016, and they in fact ended in June of 2016. All of your trump quotes are from beyond June 2016, so by then, he's not incorrect.

We knew that already so that's not new. There so far hasn't been too much new info in this latest plea deal. Maybe when the statement comes out we'll learn more.

I don't think you know what a perjury trap is. It has nothing to do with being "tricked into lying".

I think you have to look at in context.

For example, if you're talking Trump, pretty well any question anyone asks him is a perjury trap. He would probably have trouble answering "What's your name?" honestly.

Here's Trump's defense stated to reporters this morning:

Trump repeatedly says Cohen is lying, but then adds: "Even if he was right, it doesn’t matter because I was allowed to do whatever I wanted during the campaign."

Absolutely mind boggling that he can think this is a good thing to say, and to truly believe it.

Sorry. That doesn't help. I'm asking about "specific statements". Your article gives none.

So you're sitting here peeing your panties pretending this isn't happening. I should have known.

The article said exactly what happened. But ignore it until you get your marching orders from Sean Hannity.

Here's some new info in the plea that's come out:

Wow. Cohen plea indicates that he successfully reached an aide to President Putin in January 2016 after he emailed Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov for help on a Trump Tower Moscow deal. He had insisted he emailed a general address and never heard back.
https://t.co/RDIBkMIoDL

Back
Top Bottom