• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Men - What is it about a woman who wears glasses?

Red eye is easy to fix. These days, nearly everything that takes pictures has a red-eye filter.

All my glasses have the anti reflective coating in them...haven't had a red eye pick since then.

I dunno....

I'd be willing to bet that with a little buttering up she'd be a freak.

:lol: Have fun with that, Luther.

depends.
Woman-in-glasses.jpg

woman_with_glasses_1766266.jpg

It's probably not the glasses.

I think it would depend on the man. But I did hear recently that women are actually now wearing glasses for the sole purpose of attracting men (those who don't need them buy fake ones).

I think there might be a few reasons for this. First, it isn't normal anymore for anyone who needs glasses to wear glasses rather than contacts (this is not true for me, I mainly wear my glasses and have even after I got contacts, I hate my contacts and only wear them on those times where I know it will be a short time relatively and I'm trying to dress up). This "abnormality" creates kind of an attraction in itself because it sets a girl who wears glasses apart (at least until the trend reaches a point where it becomes a usual sight). Second, one of the stereotypes of smart women is they wear glasses. It seems that geek may be "in" for both women and men. And media now projects the impression that the geek girl in glasses is usually going to be the ugly duckling waiting for someone to unlock her swan-self.

My husband commented on this just the other day and said he felt it was just wrong because by wearing glasses, it comes with the expectation that they should be knowledgeable, if not academically, then at least about geeky stuff. Those who are faking it just to attract men usually don't know much about either.

If a woman's going to buy something fake to attract a man...might I suggest tits?

I don't have as much fun when I play with a woman's glasses.

I think it would depend on the man. But I did hear recently that women are actually now wearing glasses for the sole purpose of attracting men (those who don't need them buy fake ones).

I think there might be a few reasons for this. First, it isn't normal anymore for anyone who needs glasses to wear glasses rather than contacts (this is not true for me, I mainly wear my glasses and have even after I got contacts, I hate my contacts and only wear them on those times where I know it will be a short time relatively and I'm trying to dress up). This "abnormality" creates kind of an attraction in itself because it sets a girl who wears glasses apart (at least until the trend reaches a point where it becomes a usual sight). Second, one of the stereotypes of smart women is they wear glasses. It seems that geek may be "in" for both women and men. And media now projects the impression that the geek girl in glasses is usually going to be the ugly duckling waiting for someone to unlock her swan-self.

My husband commented on this just the other day and said he felt it was just wrong because by wearing glasses, it comes with the expectation that they should be knowledgeable, if not academically, then at least about geeky stuff. Those who are faking it just to attract men usually don't know much about either.

Ha. I wish I didn't need glasses. I can't see **** without them.

When I was a kid, I was embarrassed that I had to wear glasses. Now, I voluntarily have about 30 pairs, because I love them. :lol:

When I was a kid, I was embarrassed that I had to wear glasses. Now, I voluntarily have about 30 pairs, because I love them. :lol:

Same here. Four eyes got old, really quick.

I have about ten pairs that I change out. I just got some cat eye glasses with rhinestones a couple of weeks ago...love em.

I had a guy I worked with once, tell me that I looked better without glasses.

I told him that was quite a coincidence...I said he looked better without my glasses too.

:D

Some women do look sexy with them. Depends on the woman and the glasses.

sexy-girls-in-glasses-5.jpg

And I will do the gratuitous Palin reference:

sarah-palin.jpg

And I will do the gratuitous Palin reference:

View attachment 67149157

For some reason, Palin's face looks really disproportionate to me in that picture. I don't know if I just didn't notice it before or if it is the photo itself. But it looks weird and not very attractive, to me anyway.

30 pair of glasses!!??? Do you actually need them to see or are you talking about cheaters?

For some reason, Palin's face looks really disproportionate to me in that picture. I don't know if I just didn't notice it before or if it is the photo itself. But it looks weird and not very attractive, to me anyway.

I know what you mean, it isn't the best picture. What about these?:

Alaskan+Gov+Sarah+Palin+Addresses+Republican+HazgKhdQrEQl.jpg
palin16.jpg
SARAH-PALIN.jpg
M_Id_92144_sarah_palin.jpg
zblackhawk.jpg

30 pair of glasses!!??? Do you actually need them to see or are you talking about cheaters?

They are just reading glasses. I wear contact lenses for distance, and reading glasses for close-up work.

Back
Top Bottom