• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Men - What is it about a woman who wears glasses?

Does that explain? :)

glass29834.jpg

It highlights the eyes, like eye shadow. Except, it's necessary for vision; it adds mystery to whether they know they're highlighting their eyes on purpose. Other than that, you'll find that there are alot of couples where both people are wearing them; I think they are just attracted to each other. (Since my "eye shadow" theory couldn't have anything to do with why women are attracted to men with glasses.)

I recently saw picture of a pretty lady in glasses that I can't wait to meet in person. As one poster said above it really brought out her beautiful eyes and mysterious gaze.

For me at least, intelligent women are dead sexy. Glasses enhance the appearance of intelligence. Often women who wear glasses are more self assured. Glasses are sexy as hell on women.

I remember when I was a little kid, I wanted glasses because my friend had the coolest case for her glasses. I even tried to lie on my vision test so I could get glasses. :lamo I have better than 20/20 vision though, so I'm screwed.

Silly, you came during the wrong shift, that's the mean librarian. Here's the naughty librarian -

glasses-awesome-15.jpg

I remember when I was a little kid, I wanted glasses because my friend had the coolest case for her glasses. I even tried to lie on my vision test so I could get glasses. :lamo I have better than 20/20 vision though, so I'm screwed.

I've had students that have lied to the school nurse during their vision test just because they wanted glasses. I don't blame them. I love my glasses.

I've had students that have lied to the school nurse during their vision test just because they want glasses. I don't blame them. I love my glasses.

I don't think I would look good in glasses. I just really liked the case. :) Weird I know.

I've had students that have lied to the school nurse during their vision test just because they wanted glasses. I don't blame them. I love my glasses.

It's funny how that has changed since I was a child. When I was 8 years old, I had to get glasses because I was so near-sighted, and I didn't like them. Back then, glasses weren't cool. Now, in my older years, I love them. :lol:

It's funny how that has changed since I was a child. When I was 8 years old, I had to get glasses because I was so near-sighted, and I didn't like them. Back then, glasses weren't cool. Now, in my older years, I love them. :lol:

I was 3 when I needed glasses. I had UGLY brown frames and a dumb strap that held them onto my head. It didn't help that I was an extremely homely child.

I had white pearlized cat-eyes. :lol:

I'll take a picture of a picture of me when I was little. Ugh. My poor parents. Lol

I was 3 when I needed glasses. I had UGLY brown frames and a dumb strap that held them onto my head. It didn't help that I was an extremely homely child.

I had to get glasses in 8th grade. They were really big and ugly. I hated wearing glasses until I got cute frames. :)

Honey- there is no ugly child. :) Children are beautiful, no matter what they look like.

Oh, you say that NOW...just you wait. LOL

Oh, you say that NOW...just you wait. LOL

Say what you want. No child is ugly. Their very spirit makes them beautiful. It's when we grow up, and become deluded by life and all it's worries, that we start to become unhappy, and lose that sparkle in our eyes. We are still not ugly- just suffering from our humanity. :)

Here ya go, lizzie.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372128833263.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372128833263.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 59
You were adorable, TGND!

You were adorable, TGND!

You were adorable. Nothing ugly about that cutie-pie in the picture. :)

Haha...Okay. :bag: back then glasses were not popular at all, as I'm sure lots of you know. Only the last few years have I preferred them over contacts. I remember how cruel other kids were back then. It's kind of funny how things change.

But Hey.. y'all like my circa 1973 outfit?? :D. Lol

I can fell y'all's pain. I was probably in second grade when my teacher notified my parents that even from the first row I was squinting at the blackboard. I recall them being unhappy about the expense of an eye exam for a 7 yr old, so I was scared I'd done something wrong. The fear melted away the day I received my first pair of glasses. "Daddy," I remember hollering. "I didn't know that buildings had windows!!!"

A few years later the words "fatty-fatty four-eyes" kinda harshed my mellow, lol! :)

I can fell y'all's pain. I was probably in second grade when my teacher notified my parents that even from the first row I was squinting at the blackboard. I recall them being unhappy about the expense of an eye exam for a 7 yr old, so I was scared I'd done something wrong. The fear melted away the day I received my first pair of glasses. "Daddy," I remember hollering. "I didn't know that buildings had windows!!!"

A few years later the words "fatty-fatty four-eyes" kinda harshed my mellow, lol! :)

Awww. :(

I don't ever remember being teased about my glasses, but I knew they looked horrible.

I distinctly remember being in geometry class and having to look at my friend's paper to see what the teacher was drawing and writing on the board because I just could not see it. I didn't want to tell my parents because I knew we couldn't afford glasses, but I also knew they'd be pissed off at me for getting a bad grade in geometry. So.... big ass glasses I got.

Thankfully we're all strong women and persevered through our "Ugh" glasses phase.

Now look at us! :D

Thankfully we're all strong women and persevered through our "Ugh" glasses phase.

Now look at us! :D

Yeah, I'm glad I grew out of that weird, ugly, awkward phase. At least I think I did. ;)

Back
Top Bottom