• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Medicare For All Would Really Suck

Moderate Right:

Why would a universal health care system which offered free medical care to seniors stricken by or suspected to have been infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus be such a nightmare in your mind? Look at the deaths in America compared to Canada or France or the UK. Universal health care certainly hasn't made things worse and there is a very strong case that it has made things a lot better in countries with universal healthcare systems.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
I have two pre-existing conditions and have talked with thousands around the world, including Canada. I wouldn't want your health care system. Mine is far superior.

What were the pre-existing conditions?
I'm not going to talk about my medical life here but both conditions were potentially deadly. They were both serious and many people die from them. Thankfully, my superior health insurance and health care have put me in a good place at the moment. I have talked with thousands around the world and I wouldn't have wanted any of their UHC. I actually felt sorry for many of them that didn't have it anywhere near as good as I did.

We don't need to get in to your individual situation. I am sorry if it hurt you in some way. But we can't be arguing public health policy based on your individual situation.

But the net result of Obamacare has been that more Americans have health insurance than ever before in the history of this nation. We can't go back to what we had before. It was barbaric, inhumane, and unbefitting the wealthiest nation in the world. And until Trump finally tells us what his "beautiful healthcare plan that will cover everyone" is, it's the best we got.
My wife works in a call center collecting unpaid medical bills. She gets an earful almost every single day from people complaining about Obamacare. The left cherry picks overall facts to try proving their case while millions are in terrible financial situations due to Obamacare's high costs. The left make it sound like everyone is happy paying all of their premiums and out of pocket Obamacare costs.

Did you pull that number out of your ass? I find that hard to believe, especially since the Medicare expansion covered many more people, costing the program even more money than it would have.

Whoops, it's closer to $900 billion. My bad.

So where do you work in healthcare full time for free? Be specific. If the answer is none, I guess you just confessed to being "absolutely immoral," right?

another poster that has no clue what not for profit means

both Trump devotees, so stereotypical

My wife works in a call center collecting unpaid medical bills. She gets an earful almost every single day from people complaining about Obamacare. The left cherry picks overall facts to try proving their case while millions are in terrible financial situations due to Obamacare's high costs. The left make it sound like everyone is happy paying all of their premiums and out of pocket Obamacare costs.

People have been complaining about doctors/hospital/medicine fees since the dawn of time.

Fact is the ACA has saved the system overall about $2.3 trillion dollars since its inception.

Anyway, there is no way America is going back to what it had before. It was just too barbaric. So until Trump finally tells us what his new plan is, it's the best we got. He had 4 years to tell us all about it. He's running out of time. He's now got, what, less than a month left to finally tell us?

seriously? This is what you submit?

My wife...

Medicaid exists for the poor slobs of the country. Their lives are hellholes. Wouldn't these people be better off if they weren't poor and had to pay more for health insurance?
I can't speak to the MedicAid recipients' personal lives, but I can say they have excellent healthcare coverage which is far better than what most Americans have.

I have two pre-existing conditions and have talked with thousands around the world, including Canada. I wouldn't want your health care system. Mine is far superior.

Moderate Right:

Thank you for not answering the question asked of you concerning Covid-19 deaths in USA vs. countries with single-payer, universal health care systems. Your precondition count was not the numbers which were asked about. Under a universal healthcare system, your preconditions would likely not be a problem unless they left you on death's doorway where palliative care would be the appropriate medical course of action. That said, I commiserate with you for having such problems. I probably have at least one medical condition which American insurers might very well deem a disqualifying medical precondition. In Canada under our medical system it's just a pain in the ass (metaphorically speaking).

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

People have been complaining about doctors/hospital/medicine fees since the dawn of time.

Fact is the ACA has saved the system overall about $2.3 trillion dollars since its inception.

Anyway, there is no way America is going back to what it had before. It was just too barbaric. So until Trump finally tells us what his new plan is, it's the best we got. He had 4 years to tell us all about it. He's running out of time. He's now got, what, less than a month left to finally tell us?
Again, you guys are probably referring to projections made 10 years ago about the future. These programs are costing more money than they did 10 years ago.

What? You mean you can selfishly have what you want but if I want to keep the higher quality, lower cost health care that I have you call it horse manure?

I mean that you people who claim to have better insurance never know what the hell you are talking about.

seriously? This is what you submit?

My wife...
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, my "wife" talks to hundreds or people a day for five years now. That's over 100,000 people she has talked to during that time.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, my "wife" talks to hundreds or people a day for five years now. That's over 100,000 people she has talked to during that time.

and she speaks with rocket scientists or dumb slobs?

Guess how much you learn from a dumb slob.

This is what the left want for America:

What are the out of pocket costs for Medicare?
The amount varies from plan to plan, from about $3,000 to $6,700. After your spending meets your plan's limit, you pay no more for the rest of the calendar year. Usually the definition of out-of-pocket spending includes deductibles and copays but excludes premiums.
https://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insurance/info-02-2009/ask_ms__medicare_18.html

I can't speak to the MedicAid recipients' personal lives, but I can say they have excellent healthcare coverage which is far better than what most Americans have.
And I'm saying that you have to live a pauper life to be in this position. What good is the great healthcare if the rest of your life is completely and totally miserable? I see this time and time and time again. People would rather and choose to live horrible lives in order to get free services from the government. Wouldn't it be better to have a better life and have healthcare which isn't as good? People choose to live in poverty so they can get things for free. It's a mentality. It's Democrats forcing people into a never ending generational cycle of poverty.

And I'm saying that you have to live a pauper life to be in this position. What good is the great healthcare if the rest of your life is completely and totally miserable? I see this time and time and time again. People would rather and choose to live horrible lives in order to get free services from the government. Wouldn't it be better to have a better life and have healthcare which isn't as good? People choose to live in poverty so they can get things for free. It's a mentality. It's Democrats forcing people into a never ending generational cycle of poverty.
That's nothing to do with MedicAid being excellent coverage.

I mean that you people who claim to have better insurance never know what the hell you are talking about.
I do have better insurance. We pay about $2500 per year with no subsidies for a family of four and it is good insurance. Out of pocket costs have been less than 2K per year. I can see most any doctor I want and I call most of the shots. My last years on Obamacare I paid a total of about $25,000 per year counting premiums and out of pocket costs. I'm saving over $20,000 per year than when I was on Obamacare.

I do have better insurance. We pay about $2500 per year with no subsidies for a family of four and it is good insurance. Out of pocket costs have been less than 2K per year. I can see most any doctor I want and I call most of the shots. My last years on Obamacare I paid a total of about $25,000 per year counting premiums and out of pocket costs. I'm saving over $20,000 per year than when I was on Obamacare.

OMFG, I am not even going to bother. This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ridiculous.

Again, you guys are probably referring to projections made 10 years ago about the future. These programs are costing more money than they did 10 years ago.

Nope. The article is from 2019.

LOL. But you guys use the US to protect you and use those savings for your people.

Yeah, you guys have done sooo much to the vast multitude of threats lined up at our door... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (y)

You guys are adorable, though, I'll give you that....lol... Go on, go buy a civilized healthcare system, don't let the defence of Canada stand in the way....lmfaoooo

Back
Top Bottom