• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Medicare For All Would Really Suck

So you want to have your life managed for you by government!! I will not submit to that.

Hate to break it to ya, bud, but the government manages your life too.. Think I'm wrong? Break any of their laws. Fail to pay taxes. You're part of the system just like anyone else, regardless of whether or not you choose to "submit"... You were born without that choice.

Nah, I'm just here trying to suggest that civilized nations don't let their citizens die because they cannot afford health care.

Which is my point about MFA. MFA all by itself sucks and the left want MFA, which would make you have to pay for separate insurance. If you have to do that then why not just have one insurance instead of having to have two?
Very simply because even with a supplemental policy it is a heck of a lot cheaper than one policy from a healthcare provider and pre-existing conditions are covered.

Do you want the Government to collapse? Surely you do not believe you get that for no charge? And the Doctors and hospitals will be faced with mounting debt with no way to pay those debts.

Collapse? LMAO America is one of the last industrialized countries without universal health care. The only other one is South Africa. That's a little embarrassing, bud...hehe...

California is a magnificent state if all you see is the scenery. But the politics is akin to the former Soviet empire.

If you think American states are as oppressive as the USSR, you should leave the country. Take your America hating somewhere else.

Hate to break it to ya, bud, but the government manages your life too.. Think I'm wrong? Break any of their laws. Fail to pay taxes. You're part of the system just like anyone else, regardless of whether or not you choose to "submit"... You were born without that choice.

Nah, I'm just here trying to suggest that civilized nations don't let their citizens die because they cannot afford health care.

Yeah and I pointed that out many times. Democrats treat the public like we are all convicts.

If you think American states are as oppressive as the USSR, you should leave the country. Take your America hating somewhere else.
Why are you still in America given that Democrats threatened to leave if Trump won in 2016?

Yeah and I pointed that out many times. Democrats treat the public like we are all convicts.

How so? Like, actual examples. Please also tell me how the Republicans would do things differently.

How so? Like, actual examples. Please also tell me how the Republicans would do things differently.
I agreed with your post. If you don't have examples, why are we in agreement?

About being treated like convicts? An expression of disgust is my reply to your question.

Uhh...ok, well, my not giving a shit is my reply to your debate forum failure, I guess.... Good chat, though...

Uhh...ok, well, my not giving a shit is my reply to your debate forum failure, I guess.... Good chat, though...
That could be a Canadian form of mannerism. Good chat too.

There are legal issues, issues considered by scholars, issues considered as a philosophy and more than likely other issues, so I am not here to lecture you or others on what civilization may or may not do.

There are legal issues, issues considered by scholars, issues considered as a philosophy and more than likely other issues, so I am not here to lecture you or others on what civilization may or may not do.

Only in America, bud...well, in South Africa too.

In courts of law, there is the doctrine of "Rightness".

Democrats use the doctrine of "Fightness".

It's not rocket science. There's dozens of government administered heath care insurance schemes around the world- just pick one that does what you want and copy it.

There are places where Democrats would thrive. Like China, N Korea, Venezuela ...

Ha. Good one. And so original - it's nice to hear something fresh and not used literally millions of times by dumbasses, to where just saying it outs oneself as a dumbass.

In the meantime, you're still one of only two industrialized nations without universal healthcare. You and South Africa make an adorable sub bracket.

Ha. Good one. And so original - it's nice to hear something fresh and not used literally millions of times by dumbasses, to where just saying it outs oneself as a dumbass.

In the meantime, you're still one of only two industrialized nations without universal healthcare. You and South Africa make an adorable sub bracket.

I did it due to dumbasses making dumbass remarks.

It's not rocket science. There's dozens of government administered heath care insurance schemes around the world- just pick one that does what you want and copy it.

There is a serious and sound question for all of us to wrestle with.

Where in the documents of this nation is the right to healthcare? If one says welfare clause, it is not that clause due to the word promote used in that clause.
Proof is when the clause was put into the constitution, no move by Government to sap funds from particular people were created to benefit some welfare class of human.
Simple reading of the constitution. Dick Durbin of the Senate is now trying to badger Amy Barrett into believing she is anti government.

This is what the left want for America:

The government doesn't cover everything in Medicare, but that is better than the government not covering anything. Also, seniors can purchase supplementary private insurance. I don't understand why governments who don't want public healthcare to cover anything, are complaining that public healthcare doesn't cover enough for seniors, and they want it to cover more, which will cost more for taxpayers. Also, Medicare for all will expand Medicare coverage for everything and actually help seniors already on Medicare. In fact it covers so much its also incredibly expensive.

Sorry to hear of your illness my friend, I'm hoping you're in remission.

I know someone that had the exact same experience as your, for a serious cancer. They are now cancer-free. They were treated at what might be the city's top teaching hospital, and in the end they owed something like forty bucks for something that slipped through the cracks. That's it! And their care, and the facility and docs, were all first-rate! Among the top in the country. This individual did a lot of research!

There are powers in this country that foster reams of disinformation upon a low-information segment of the public, and it's disgusting. MedicAid has been terribly stigmatized in this country. Yet I can't imagine very many, that once they've been on it, would ever want to leave it.

I have a lot of association with health-care workers. We often talk about it. They love MedicAid. They know exactly what they will get paid, and how they will do it. They hate, literally hate, private insurers! Hate them with a passion!
Yeah..I call bs. Medicaid is a very low payer and often has much more hoops to jump through than private insurance

Yeah..I call bs. Medicaid is a very low payer and often has much more hoops to jump through than private insurance
Nope. The guy I'm talking about is close enough to me that I know he's legit. Also, I've got healthcare workers close to me - and they agree. With MedicAid, everything is straight forward. The providers know exactly the services they can provide, and how much they will get paid. Private insurance, OTOH, is a nightmare of getting permission to do procedures, never knowing if they'll be approved. I don't profess to be a pro at this, but in my very large metro area pretty much all the essential providers take MedicAid. As with Mediare, It's too big a market to pass on. I suspect it's similar in other large cities, but I'm open to listening otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom