• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias is CONSERVATIVE!

Originally Posted by DeeJayH
I should also point out, to be fair, i graduated from the same high school as Big O
guess you missed this post:
You went to Crispus Attucks High School?

Billo_Really said:
You went to Crispus Attucks High School?

Actually it would be Chaminade -------- Go Flyers http://www.chaminade-hs.org/
Private Catholic School that lost over 70 people on 9/11
after the Fire Department and the Bond firm (forget the name) we suffered the most losses, including 8 of my friends

The Education standards are so high that we are exempt from NY States Regents Exams, which all other High Schoolers have to take
and the failing grade was 74 not 65 like public schools
unless you are a legacy, you can only apply in Freshman year.
Big portion of the class goes to the Military Academies
even though it is a college prep school
9 periods per day, closed campus
and if you got in trouble, you had to stay after school to hand write a page of the dictionary, and if perhaps, you were a fast writer, you were not allowed to leave detention until all the buses had left. Ensuring you had to take mass transit or wait for the sports bus at 6 pm

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DeeJayH:
Actually it would be Chaminade -------- Go Flyers http://www.chaminade-hs.org/
Private Catholic School that lost over 70 people on 9/11
after the Fire Department and the Bond firm (forget the name) we suffered the most losses, including 8 of my friends

The Education standards are so high that we are exempt from NY States Regents Exams, which all other High Schoolers have to take
and if you got in trouble, you had to stay after school to hand write a page of the dictionary, and if perhaps, you were a fast writer, you were not allowed to leave detention until all the buses had left. Ensuring you had to take mass transit or wait for the sports bus at 6 pm
You said you went to the same high school as the Big O. I took you at your word.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Fair and balanced? Nothing could be farther from the truth. Fair and balanced is a joke, and anyone with a little knowledge of media, bias and agenda sees right through it. For example, How can you be fair and balanced when every two minutes you're telling your guest to "shut-up" and then threatening to cut their mic? :lol: Bill O'Reilly is a zealous nut and I think sane people would agree. Having differences of opinion with Bush does not qualify as fair & balanced.

Bill O'Reilly is a very kind man and tries to fight for worthy causes through his show. He actually does try to be fair and balanced. I haven't seen him ever threaten to cut someone's mic.

For example ???????????[/QUOTE]

There are so many things, it would take me forever to name them. The mainstream networks are constantly telling us that gas prices are going up but they never mention that wages are going up nor do they mention how cheap our gas is compared to other countries.

The media bias is undoubtedly liberal. Every day when I turn on the news, all I here is how many US troops have been killed in Iraq, how little progress is being made in Iraq. Everytime I see Katie Couric she is interviewing someone asking why Iraq is such a mess and telling everyone that the war is completely wrong. Do I ever hear on the news how many enemy soldiers or terrorists were killed each day? Never.

To not see the liberal bias in American mainstream media, you would have to be both blind and deaf.

Xen said:
The media bias is undoubtedly liberal. Every day when I turn on the news, all I here is how many US troops have been killed in Iraq, how little progress is being made in Iraq. Everytime I see Katie Couric she is interviewing someone asking why Iraq is such a mess and telling everyone that the war is completely wrong. Do I ever hear on the news how many enemy soldiers or terrorists were killed each day? Never.

To not see the liberal bias in American mainstream media, you would have to be both blind and deaf.

This was my point. I don't understand why people are saying the media is conservative. The one example that sparked this thread was that the Washington protests didn't get full media coverage. The fact is...who cared?

I'd like to try to settle this whole "Fox is Conservative" thing. Maybe the owners are conservative, but not ALL of the anchors and guests are conservative.

You have Bill O'Reilly (which we all know is INDEPENDENT). You've got Liberals, like Alan Colmes, Ellis Henican, and Juan Williams. You've also got Moderates, like Mort Kondrake (I guess that's how you speel his name) Judge Napolitano, and Dick Morris. Sometimes John McCain and Zell Miller (Backstabbers to the parties they represent) will appear on Fox.

So a truly conservative network wouldn't allow such ppl on their broadcasts; like how El Rushbo never DEBATES anyone on his show, he'll just cut their line if he don't agree with them.

But just to be fair, the other networks aren't completely liberal, cuz if they were, they wouldn't let conservatives on their broadcasts.

And by the way, I was just joking about my last post on this thread. If the y'all want to hear their defeatist opinions about the War in Iraq, go ahead. I'm just gonna mute the TV. And if you want to call piling terrorists on top of each other (while naked), torture, go right ahead; in my twisted opinion, it's just humiliation.

in the theoretical it does
in the real world, nah

Ah because you know so much more about journalism then me.

O'Reilly tv and radio === independent
Boortz ============= libertarian
Hannity ============ right wing nut
Hannity & Colmes ==== nuts from both sides
Special Report with Brit Hume ===== $10,000 bounty offered by Boortz, for proof of any bias on his show, during the reporting phase, not the roundtable phase, has never been collected

grew up reading Newsday ===== liberal
after High school started Wall St Journal ==== Conservative

and of course The Daily Show ========= liberal but amusing as hell

So with this healthy diet of biased media, how can you say that the average Cnn viewer is less informed then you?

You have Bill O'Reilly (which we all know is INDEPENDENT).

Dude, you can be independent and be a conservative the same way you can be a republican or a democrat and be a conservative.

This certainly explains a lot lol
I went to Kellenberg. I have to admit the idea of going to an all boys school never really appealed to me but to each its own. They are both private catholic schools and very conservative. I remember every religion class was like listening to radio talk show. I would often get into arguments with the teacher and whenever she couldn't contradict what I was saying or she didn't like it, she gave me detention.
Oh and I never took the regents and kellenberg either. I hated it and I transfered out of there as soon as possible.
We had to go like twice a month to these conservative lectures in the auditorium where they would try to brainwash me. God damn Pen Stenzel. She told us she was going to tell us how to have great sex but all she did was "teach us about aids and the "dangers" of using a condom and birth control pills.

Oh yeah and the flyers **** me off not that I really cared too much about sports but they all think they are super stars or something.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
Which is what? Not debating in a debate forum? Didn't you accuse me of this once? Guess we've come full circle.
Good job Billo_Really, your not any different!

"come full circle" is the same line used on "ANDERSON COOPER 360°" on CNN.

ABOUT THE SHOW
"ANDERSON COOPER 360°" is a fast-moving, surprising and provocative alternative to the typical network evening newscast. Backed by the global resources of CNN, Anderson's anchor desk is Central Command for a 360-degree look at world events -- covering not only the day's top stories, but the fascinating, the unexpected and the underreported. Also, Dr. Sanjay Gupta appears regularly on the show with the latest medical and health news. "ANDERSON COOPER 360°" -- where your world comes full circle. http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/

:2wave:

Originally posted by stsburns:
Good job Billo_Really, your not any different!
Than what?

"come full circle" is the same line used on "ANDERSON COOPER 360°" on CNN.
So what! What does this have to do with crack-whores on Tuesday during a heat wave?

Billo_Really said:
Than what?

So what! What does this have to do with crack-whores on Tuesday during a heat wave?
Yes it matters to me. Crack-Whores? Bad defense from being accused of the same things you accuse others?!

Yes it matters to me. Crack-Whores? Bad defense from being accused of the same things you accuse others?!
What the hell are you talking about?

Xen said:

media bias is not liberal, it is Nazi,capitol N
for three days it was fixed to katrina 24/7 with scarcely a break for popcorn and coke
while not even a word about the peace march on washinton
not even a peep it was as quiet as a mouse

thats anti american
when all the news comes out of the pentagon and is filtered disected and
fed to the nintendo fused brains
they make the news for america
america hasnt got a clue whats happening around the world
they are to busy with the
reality TV ,Nintendo ,CNN nothing is happening syndrome

Originally posted by Donkey1499:
You have Bill O'Reilly (which we all know is INDEPENDENT).
That's bullshit. He's not an Independent. He practically admits what he is here in an excerpt from his show...

September 7, 2004

Sometimes, on rare occasions, Bill says stuff that even surprises me.

O'REILLY: All right. You should be a Republican? You know why?

P DIDDY: No. Why should I be a Republican?

O'REILLY: Because you're self-made. Did anybody ever give you anything?

P DIDDY: I mean, what I should do is inspire young people to --

O'REILLY: But did anybody ever give you anything? The government ever give you anything?

P DIDDY: No, I can't really say anybody ever gave me anything.

O'REILLY: All right, so you made it on your own, right?

P DIDDY: Yes, I did.

O'REILLY: All right, so you made it on your own, right?

P DIDDY: Yes, I did.

O'REILLY: You're like me.

http://www.sweetjesusihatebilloreilly.com/archive/090704.html

Originally posted by George Washington:
Bill O'Reilly is a very kind man and tries to fight for worthy causes through his show. He actually does try to be fair and balanced. I haven't seen him ever threaten to cut someone's mic.
This is a joke, right?

O'Reilly: "There isn't one conservative commentator on CNN"; Robert Novak disagrees

In an effort to contrast coverage on other cable news channels with what he claims is Fox News' "fair and balanced approach," host Bill O'Reilly claimed that "there isn't one conservative commentator on CNN. Not one." Asked by co-host E.D. Hill if "maybe we just don't know they're conservative," O'Reilly replied, "No, there isn't any."

In fact, Robert Novak, whose tagline on Crossfire is: "From the right, I'm Robert Novak," is among CNN's most frequently used commentators. Novak also regularly offers his opinions on other CNN programs, including The Capital Gang, The Novak Zone, and Inside Politics. Media Matters for America has documented numerous instances of Novak's conservative misinformation.

Other conservatives have also appeared regularly on CNN, including:

Radio host Joe Watkins, who has appeared as a Crossfire guest host 11 times since December 2004.
Baptist pastor and Moral Majority founder the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who has appeared as a Crossfire guest host four times since October 2004.
National Review Washington editor Kate O'Beirne, a regular panelist on The Capital Gang.
From the March 8 broadcast of Westwood One's The Radio Factor:

O'REILLY: So, while the commentator [on Fox News] may be conservative -- but certainly, you have liberal commentators as well, the guest list is even. It's not even on CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC.

HILL: Well, they should be trying to present all the views and then let the people -- you know lay it all out there.

You may have one view and you can state that. But, then you gotta make sure that the other point of view is represented as well.

O'REILLY: All right, there isn't one conservative commentator on CNN. Not one. Can you think of any?

HILL: Where's that Tucker [Carlson] guy?

O'REILLY: No, he was fired.

HILL: Oh, was he?

O'REILLY: There's not one!

HILL: I don't know, maybe we just don't know they're conservative.

O'REILLY: No, there isn't any.

http://mediamatters.org/items/printable/200503100004
George, you got to make up your own mind. Don't take my word for it. Find out for yourself.

O'Reilly used phony evidence to defend Bush's handling of torture allegations

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly used a recently released State Department report on human rights around the world to argue that the Bush administration is adequately addressing allegations of torture by U.S. interrogators. In fact, the report did not examine alleged human rights violations by the United States.

During his "Talking Points Memo" on the March 1 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly attacked the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) for filing a lawsuit against Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld over allegations that he approved illegal interrogation tactics. O'Reilly opined that "violations of military law -- torture, executions, false imprisonment -- are unacceptable and should be vigorously prosecuted, and the Bush administration seems to be doing that." Referring to the State Department report on human rights, released on February 28, he added: "Just today, it [the administration] criticized the interim government in Iraq for some rights violations."

The ACLU's lawsuit charges that Rumsfeld's "policies, patterns, practices, derelictions of duty and command failures caused Plaintiffs' [the detainees'] abuse." The complaint focuses exclusively on detainees held in U.S. military custody. By contrast, the State Department report did not examine the United States, including the actions of U.S. military personnel. In the on-the-record briefing accompanying the release of the report, Michael Kozak, acting assistant secretary for democracy, human rights, and labor, specifically addressed why the report did not examine U.S. human rights practices:

KOZAK: This, by the way, is the report on the human rights situation in a country, what was going on as factually as we can relate it in each country that's a member of the United Nations, save on the United States. And the reason we don't do a report on ourselves is the same reason you wouldn't write investigative reports about your own finances or something; it wouldn't have any credibility. Someone else needs to do that. It's not that we're against being scrutinized, and indeed we are scrutinized by many other organizations -- Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International. The Chinese do a report on us each year, have told us that one is in the mail. But it's not -- it wouldn't make sense for us to do this.

The section of the report about Iraq focuses exclusively on the policies and practices of the Iraqi interim government; it covers only "the human rights record of the Interim government from June 28 to December 31" of 2004

http://mediamatters.org/items/printable/200503020009
I watch the Factor 'cause I treat it like a sitcom.

Yes Bill0_Really, it's obvious how you feel about him by your name. But you're being biased are not taking into consideration all the good he's done with his show. For example, lately he's been fighting to have a national minimum sentence for child molesters due to the fact that a liberal whacko judge in New Hampshire gave this guy only 2 years per incident of abuse.

media bias is not liberal, it is Nazi,capitol N
for three days it was fixed to katrina 24/7 with scarcely a break for popcorn and coke
while not even a word about the peace march on washinton
not even a peep it was as quiet as a mouse

thats anti american
when all the news comes out of the pentagon and is filtered disected and
fed to the nintendo fused brains
they make the news for america
america hasnt got a clue whats happening around the world
they are to busy with the
reality TV ,Nintendo ,CNN nothing is happening syndrome

Whats wrong with Nintendo? I actually like video games of all sorts! By the way, I totally disagree with this post.

thats anti american when all the news comes out of the pentagon and is filtered disected and fed to the nintendo fused brains they make the news for america america hasnt got a clue whats happening around the world they are to busy with the reality TV said:
Now this is just my opinion, cuz you have a right to yours'. But I really didn't care about a bunch of hippies in Washington that were protesting a war of which they have no control over. In fact, I was getting kinda bored with the Katrina stuff too. So I solved the problem easily. I switched to ESPN and watched sports news. See, easy fix. If the news ain't reporting what you want to hear, either watch sports, pop in a movie, or do some gardening; whatever.

Here's a NEWSMAX.COM Opinion poll:

Do you belive George Bush and the Federal Gov't deserve primary responsibility for the Katrina disaster and response? 89% said "No." Just 11% said "Yes."

Who bears more responsibility for the suffering caused by Katrina? Only 11% blamed Bush; 89% blamed Mayor Nagin/Gov. Blanco.

Describe Media Coverage of Katrina. 86% said it was biased against Bush; 10% said it was Neutral and 4% said it was biased in favor of Bush.

You also have to realize that NewsMax is highly Conservative. I've already received 3 anti-Clinton e-mails from them in just 2 days. WOW! These people must really hate Clinton...

It is well that they would believe that they would blame the governor cause if they are "conservatives" of course they love Bush and they don't want to see his man being criticized and/or reported badly on.

FinnMacCool said:
It is well that they would believe that they would blame the governor cause if they are "conservatives" of course they love Bush and they don't want to see his man being criticized and/or reported badly on.

....And if they are liberals they want nothing short of complete blame going solely to President Bush and the complete protection of all errors committed by Democratic sponsership in Louisiana.

GySgt said:
....And if they are liberals they want nothing short of complete blame going solely to President Bush and the complete protection of all errors committed by Democratic sponsership in Louisiana.

which is why the Left is bound to destroy the Democratic party
they want to blame bush for everything, yet not provide any of their own solutions

on the right, we accept bush made mistakes in the War on Terror, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina
we also can see that Fox News is biased right

but the looney left sees no blame for anyone except bush
they can not see the left bias in the MSM, just the right on Fox

hmmmmmm, maybe Liberalisim is a Mental Disorder

Originally Posted by DeeJayH:
which is why the Left is bound to destroy the Democratic party
they want to blame bush for everything, yet not provide any of their own solutions

on the right, we accept bush made mistakes in the War on Terror, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina
we also can see that Fox News is biased right

but the looney left sees no blame for anyone except bush
they can not see the left bias in the MSM, just the right on Fox

hmmmmmm, maybe Liberalisim is a Mental Disorder
If you want to talk in terms of absolutes, and who is ultimately to blame, IT'S US! No matter what party their from, they all get put there by US. We get the government we deserve. And it stays that way until we collectively decide to get a better one. One election at a time.

I don't recall ever trying to completely blame Bush at all, though I do consider him indirectly responsible thanks to his appointment of the ex FEMA director Mike Brown

Billo_Really said:
If you want to talk in terms of absolutes, and who is ultimately to blame, IT'S US! No matter what party their from, they all get put there by US. We get the government we deserve. And it stays that way until we collectively decide to get a better one. One election at a time.

Well, I'm not to blame. I vote "pro-military" and that's exactly what I got. Hahahahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom