• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell, in Private, Doubts if Trump Can Save Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
What McConnell does is irrelevant but what you and the rest of the left does is quite telling. all this hatred makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with you people. Donald Trump has done absolutely nothing to hurt you and your family, the country hasn't gone to hell, and the economic results exceed anything Obama ever generated during his 8 years in office except Obama set records for the under employed and discouraged workers, losing the House in 2010-2012 and the Congress in 2014-2016.

Now be the first liberal to answer a direct question, what has Trump done that is so bad and has hurt you and your family?

I am going to generalize so the site word limits don't interfere. Trump has put foxes in every hen house, divided the nation like no other President, destroyed the State Dept. and our relations with our allies, normalized racists and made a mockery of the office of President by his lieing, tweeting and blatant nepotism. Oh and he has violated the Constitution by financially benefiting from his office too. He has hurt America immeasurably and our enemies are laughing at us.

Sorry for your perception but it is yours. I posted links to the data and explained that it is yearly numbers that mattered. I pointed out that Obama left us with a 1.5% GDP growth which you would find on the bea.gov link I gave you, a 9.4% U-6 rate in the bls.gov link I gave you and a 19.9 trillion dollar debt on the Treasury link I gave you.

I also pointed out that on those links you can compare the results Obama left us with against what Trump has generated in his 7 months in office and pointed to the EO's and business attitude today as an indication of why those numbers are better.

As suggested you can explore those sites and learn to fish vs. being given a fish to eat for one day. Those sites are the official data and we pay debt service funded by the taxpayers from information on those sites.

Sorry you don't like the information but it is what it is and results matter

Thank you for a bit more clarity and I shall go fishing...and get back to you down the road on this...feel free to call me out if you wish if you get the moderate notion that I should have responded sooner.

As to your other question that I had to leave this morning, had an arse kicking day out in this god forsaken desert heat, but what I want to do is answer your question as to why I hate Trump...in another thread...I will start one later and quote your question here with a link...granted this thread is pretty much jacked but I just feel it deserves it's own thread.

I do appreciate your willingness to help me in my studies...it's not that I don't like the information, it's just that from the things I've seen so far I'm a bit skeptical.

I missed the part where it proves obstruction of justice as your claiming. Which part of that interview are you claiming proves it?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You know exactly what Trump said, go play your games elsewhere, unless of course you have short term memory loss, seems to be contagious with Trumpsters. Your boy will probably go down, just as well, he has zero integrity. He lies almost everyday. Nice to know that the GOP no longer requires even a shred of honesty in there man, so looking forward to the hearings and watching Trump go bat **** crazy. He should get a mental health eval, ASAP.

I glanced several times in the direction of the sun during the eclipse too. But I didn't look directly at the sun. And I'm pretty darn sure neither the President or the First Lady did either when they took their protective glasses off. But without knowing one way or the other, that didn't stop an irresponsible and dishonest media and the haters who believe everything they report from saying unequivocably that it happened.

Nice shades dudette.

I am going to generalize so the site word limits don't interfere. Trump has put foxes in every hen house, divided the nation like no other President, destroyed the State Dept. and our relations with our allies, normalized racists and made a mockery of the office of President by his lieing, tweeting and blatant nepotism. Oh and he has violated the Constitution by financially benefiting from his office too. He has hurt America immeasurably and our enemies are laughing at us.

Aw, yes, the PC crowd going wild again as usual. Who has Trump divided and why is that important? The 24/7 liberal media certainly has a patsy in people like you. He violated the Constitution in your mind but not in reality but then again since when is the Constitution relevant to you? America has never been stronger and he is getting rid of the real problem, liberalism. our enemies are laughing at the actions of people like you not this country. I feel safer now than I have since Bush

You know exactly what Trump said, go play your games elsewhere, unless of course you have short term memory loss, seems to be contagious with Trumpsters. Your boy will probably go down, just as well, he has zero integrity. He lies almost everyday. Nice to know that the GOP no longer requires even a shred of honesty in there man, so looking forward to the hearings and watching Trump go bat **** crazy. He should get a mental health eval, ASAP.
Dude I asked you a straight forward question and you have done nothing but mental gymnastics to avoid answering it. You claimed it was a fact that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice but you refuse to offer any evidence. Im hoping he isnt guilty but I dont know nor do I claim to know. Im neither a Trump loyalist nor am I an anti-Trumpper. The only thing Im interested in is the truth. I am open to hearing objective arguments from both sides. Why are you so afraid to make your case to me? I told you my opinion and what it was based on you have yet to do the same.

I also find your tone bizarre in that you seem to be rooting for him to be guilty of something. Im rooting for the outcome to be that our election was legitimate and the integrity of our system is in tact. IMO that is what everyone should be hoping.

Dude I asked you a straight forward question and you have done nothing but mental gymnastics to avoid answering it. You claimed it was a fact that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice but you refuse to offer any evidence. Im hoping he isnt guilty but I dont know nor do I claim to know. Im neither a Trump loyalist nor am I an anti-Trumpper. The only thing Im interested in is the truth. I am open to hearing objective arguments from both sides. Why are you so afraid to make your case to me? I told you my opinion and what it was based on you have yet to do the same.

I also find your tone bizarre in that you seem to be rooting for him to be guilty of something. Im rooting for the outcome to be that our election was legitimate and the integrity of our system is in tact. IMO that is what everyone should be hoping.

My tone? Like I care what you think of my tone, so I will not even comment further.

Aw, yes, the PC crowd going wild again as usual. Who has Trump divided and why is that important? The 24/7 liberal media certainly has a patsy in people like you. He violated the Constitution in your mind but not in reality but then again since when is the Constitution relevant to you? America has never been stronger and he is getting rid of the real problem, liberalism. our enemies are laughing at the actions of people like you not this country. I feel safer now than I have since Bush
I like how they claim Trump is a big bully (which he is) while they all engage in shaming tactics to pressure people to abandon Trump. The truth is that Trump is taking on elements of the left that many have wanted confronted for a very long time and they (the left and progressive republicans) are understandably pushing back with an endless barrage of these adhominem attacks on him and his supporters. I would not be bothered by it if it was honest debate and criticisms but its not. Its outlandish over-the-top insults being thrown around and until it stops and I see some honesty from his opposition, I give Trump a lot of lattitude in whats out-of-bounds for him to retailiate with.

I voted for Trump and so far Im very happy with him. I did not elect him for his policy positions. I voted for him to be a stop measure on the Washington establishment, the leftist media, and the ubber lefts power grab. Trump is actually standing up to it better than I hoped. Im hoping he endorses primary challengers in the gop party in 2018.

I have never been prouder to be an American than I am today. When the democrats pushed ACA down our throats they woke a sleeping giant (as that woman at the townhall said). They woke people up to the fact that this country is in an ideological war of ideas and the brillence of our founding fathers has given us a system to allow us to engage in a peaceful dissent. We are taking the fight into the primaries and retooling the GOP. We are taking the fight into the general election and taking the power out of the hands of the DNC.

The most astute thing I heard Trump say was that if he won or loss did not matter. He is just a figurehead in a movement that is much greater than him. Thats the truth. Trump is the movements bulldog and we are the big tent party now. We welcome everyone who shares one sigular idea, freedom. Trump is our political wall.

My tone? Like I care what you think of my tone, so I will not even comment further.
Thats fine by me, this is just yet another predictable dodge by you.

Its mind boggling how fast trump turns on folks, its the bully in him, Art of the Deal? More like Art of the Con.

Trump has never been known for humanitarian principles or caring about the environment unless it's around a golf course or in a Trump tower.

The guy has failed over and over in the past along with numerous successes...he uses alternative facts in his mind to put them all in the win column...in his world.

The problem is that others also live in the world...based on assorted versions of reality and he doesn't do good with playing nice and people fight back.

It won't be that long. But unfortunately Pence the tele-evangelist and going to bore the pants off of us after Trump leaves.

Doubtful, more sinister, slicker about it. Erik Prince will be much closer to setting up his version of an East India Company in the middle east and corporatizing all our bogus endless wars of global economic colonization.

The truth. In america. Sure.

...it is yearly numbers that mattered.

As an addendum to my previous post, a quick question before I proceed in my research...how am I to compare Trumps annual results when he hasn't been there for a year yet?
Shouldn't you be anticipating rather than testifying to the results?

As an addendum to my previous post, a quick question before I proceed in my research...how am I to compare Trumps annual results when he hasn't been there for a year yet?
Shouldn't you be anticipating rather than testifying to the results?

Yes, the year end results matter but to me the reaction of the private sector to the Trump election and the trends in spending, trends in jobs, trends in reduction of part time for economic reasons and discouraged workers indicate to me that he is headed in the right direction. Obama's 1.5% GDP, 9.4% U-6 and 19.9 trillion in debt is a trend in the wrong direction

At the State level? I believe you are quoting national polls on Congress, and both houses. Yes?
Apple's to apples right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the year end results matter but to me the reaction of the private sector to the Trump election and the trends in spending, trends in jobs, trends in reduction of part time for economic reasons and discouraged workers indicate to me that he is headed in the right direction. Obama's 1.5% GDP, 9.4% U-6 and 19.9 trillion in debt is a trend in the wrong direction

Yeah, OK...I saw how you look at numbers with the Dow at 23,000 on a post somewhere...in a list like you just provided...that was you wasn't it? How's that going?

High
on Aug 7, 2017 closed today at 21,812.09
Delayed Data
As of 4:47pm ET
*-87.80*/*-0.40%
Today’s Change

Low
on Nov 4, 2016
Avg
for past 1 year

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Dow+Jones+Closing+History&FORM=R5FD2

DJIA - Dow Jones Industrial Average - CNNMoney

Please don't even think about suggesting this is fake news without providing backup data.

Seems to me you use a bit of artistic liberty.

At any rate, have fun.

Sorry, have no interest in any thread that is opinion based and driven by the media. My decisions are result and factual based. I will judge Trump on his actual results, not what he says and that will come over time. Right now the trends are in the right direction

I didn't expect you to show...stick to your "trends" and screw the rest.

I already made my $25 donation to the website. And how would we verify it anyway?

Just yesterday, Tucker Carlson posted a spoof of President Trump looking up with the caption that the President looks directly at the solar eclipse without protective glasses. An amazing amount of mainstream media picked it up and reported it as fact. There was no truth in it. He was having a really good time with that on his show tonight. Tucker said not a single one of them called him to verify the story. It was a way to show the President as an idiot and they grabbed it and ran with it.

That is the quality of journalism these days, and the NYT is one of the worst to run with fake news stories. So I don't have a high level of confidence that they got this story right either.

Perhaps they accepted he did that because it is something he would do? I mean he is an idiot.

Reality, being what it is, can only prove you half right at best since we will never really know about what a Clinton term in office held for the nation.

We have a pretty good idea. The repubs would have kept hounding her with faux scandals and she would probably have not got more done than Trump is.

I mean for God's sake some of them want another investigation and she's a civilian now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom