• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

May I end the World?

I hereby propose the following DP Special Security Rule: That Wake shall never be allowed anywhere near the Doomsday Button.

So let it be written.... so let it be done. :mrgreen:

Whoever said I required a doomsday button, Goshin?

Hehe.

And you would be destroying them along with their tormentors. If you destroyed the world, you would be committing the same crimes for which you have judged all of humanity, billions of times over. Do what thou wilt, but don't confuse your indiscriminate wrath for compassion. You ask why you shouldn't destroy humanity. I can't answer that for you. But I will ask you again, "why would you want to?" It can't be for the sake of the very same people you've judged unworthy of life. It can't be for the sake of a god who has claimed the sole authority of moral judgment for himself. If you want to destroy and to murder just to slake the rage in your heart, you are already free to kill as many people as you want until someone stops you. You don't need anyone's permission.

But what could you possibly hate so much that you would destroy everything just to be rid of it?

A cleansing of The Earth maybe. That is all I can figure out:shock:

The decision does not require God.

Oh, it does. But congratulations, I see you have enough pride to place yourself above all and judge right from wrong. Does that remind you something? ;)

Oh, it does. But congratulations, I see you have enough pride to place yourself above all and judge right from wrong. Does that remind you something? ;)

Does it require God to kill someone? How about soldiers or murderers for size? Do they, though dissimilar, require God?

...No, they don't, Canell. It is that simple. It is that scary.

There is no pride. How could one be proud to kill himself and his loved ones? No. It is solemness. Coupled by compounding rage against evil and injustice. Past, present, and definitely future. Remind me of what?

Or, I could simply tear us asunder because you're not being nice. I mean, you are talking to someone who can destroy the world. I think passive reasoning coupled with very deep thought, recollections, and acknowledgment would help keep you and your loved ones alive. You'd probably have to go quite deep and then slowly add select bits of pathos to bolster your points.

Or maybe "I'm" just crazy.

...yes, of course.

*raises pinky finger to corner of mouth, in Dr. Evil fashion*

This is a philosophical issue.

Let us say the ability to destroy the world was at my fingertips. The details needn't matter.

Why should I not destroy everyone for their actions? They rape, lie, cheat, steal, kill, etc. Envy, pride, anger, hate... They even assume humans are inherently good and peaceful.

I, with this unique option, am inclined to end it.

Why shouldn't I?

Being alive has it's fun parts.
Dead = no sex. *sad panda*

Does it require God to kill someone?

In a way, it does. Do you know how many assassination attempts Hitler had experienced?

Remind me of what?

Well, the Devil, for instance. ;)

I mean, you are talking to someone who can destroy the world.

Wow, forgive my ignorance, I didn't know I was talking to a VIP entity. I have an idea: if you don't like it why don't you end your own world, meaning either killing yourself or changing your point of view?

That's an unsure.
There may or may not be an afterlife.

I am sure there's a chance.

Though, that fact alone would not dissuade me. Especially if it meant erasing the existence of billions of future rapists and child molesters.

Heh.

Last edited:
But what is evil, LimeLight? Is not evil deceitful? So deceitful that you only understand a fraction of it?

Humans are not inherently good.

I define the terms of Evil and Good as selfishness and selflessness. And Yes it does depend on your view of what is evil. The person committing an act of selfishness can have feelings of remorse. But an act of selflessness can never have a feeling of remorse. Being selfish may feel Good, but Being Selfless always feels Good. That is why I believe good will always triumph over evil. All men are evil, but when we use our selfish goals and acts in a selfless way, amazing things can happen. Believing evil can lead to being good, and being good can lead to being good, I believe there's more good in the world.

Let us say the ability to destroy the world was at my fingertips. The details needn't matter.

Why should I not destroy everyone for their actions? They rape, lie, cheat, steal, kill, etc. Envy, pride, anger, hate... They even assume humans are inherently good and peaceful.

Why shouldn't I?

Because you are no wiser or more perfect than the people you are judging. Morally, you have no right to judge others for their actions. Especially since by being human, your judgment is inherently flawed.

Most people are mostly good. They do a few bad things from time to time, but those small foibles don't mean they deserve to die.

Because you are no wiser or more perfect than the people you are judging. Morally, you have no right to judge others for their actions. Especially since by being human, your judgment is inherently flawed.
The above statement is nonsense.

People are not born more wise or perfect than another, but such things are certainly achievable. I am more wise than many, due to an eIQ around 350, age and experience.

Let us not wallow in the self apology that is "in the end, we are the same" because, in the end, some live on while others are forgotten.

Most people are mostly good. They do a few bad things from time to time, but those small foibles don't mean they deserve to die.

Now, that statement is entirely reasonable. Did you take meds between the statements?

Last edited:
Because you are no wiser or more perfect than the people you are judging.

He ain't claiming to be. He's judging himself right along with the rest.

Makes me want to ask why he hates himself so much, too, but it doesn't look like he's answering my questions.

Morally, you have no right to judge others for their actions.

Sure he does. He's a man, isn't he? He's got a mind to perceive, a heart to feel, and two strong arms to mete out judgment. He's as qualified to judge as anyone else.

Especially since by being human, your judgment is inherently flawed.

So? Flawed or not, he's the best person to judge because he's the only person who can, at least hypothetically. We could judge, but we don't have the Big Red Button; we'd only be judging whether or not to try to take the Button away from him before he could push it.

Sure they do. Everyone deserves to die. Saints or villains, that's the one thing we've all got coming to us.

It is not hate of myself, Viktyr Korimir. Nor do I think myself wiser or better.

Ever seen children mangled and dying? Smelt the scent of rotting flesh? Felt a child's bloated belly from want of food? Seen carnage and destruction?

There's no stopping it. There's no excuse. Billions more lives will suffer and die. Evil will floursih, will it not, when food and space becomes scarce? Tension, hatred, desperation... all will accumulate and explode in the future. I can't count on you to change your ways, to allow peace. No... Even with peace, evil laughs, suffering exists, hatred continues.

We all must die sometime. I'll pluck out the blight before legion sufferings begin.

Why shouldn't I?
1. Not everyone cheats, rapes or kills. For those that do we have developed systems to try and punish them and protect society from them. For the most part in industrialized countries it works well.

2. Probably most everyone lies, but if you're only counting bad lies like me having a credit card behind my wifes back or going to a strip club while lying to my wife I am at work not everyone does that and it certainly isn't something that people should die for. Little white lies are mostly to help prevent feelings from being hurt and in general help more than hurt.

3. Envy, pride and anger are healthy emotions. Pride, when under control is perfectly fine. Most of the great people I've worked with take pride in their work. it can be helpful. Anger is fine as long as it doesn't lead to those other things you've already mentioned (cheating killing stealing). Envy is good sometimes. It may make a person try to better themselves to get what others have got. Hate I can't say is a good thing but then again not everybody is filled with hate and many people that sincerely hate probably don't let it consume their lives.

4. If you think humans are so evil and they need to be punished wouldn't it be worse for them to leave them be and let them punish each other and have to live a long life with these evil people?

Ever seen children mangled and dying? Smelt the scent of rotting flesh?

I have. I've been covered in a dead child's blood. I've buried children. I've seen children grow up into monsters.

I was a child once, though not for very long. I know what this world does to children.

But the world is as beautiful as it is terrible. Why do you not see the beauty? There are a million wonderful things happening around you right now, and all you care to look at is madness and hate. You have forgotten the primal joy of being. The blood you've seen spilled is still pumping through your veins! It is springtime. There are flowers. There are rainstorms. There is love and joy and brotherhood, and you would sweep it all away because you have forgotten it. Those lives that you mourn so deeply for are tragic because they've been cut short; they are tragic because they are lives not lived. You would compound their tragedy a thousandfold by wiping it all away; you compound it now by neglecting it.

There's no stopping it. There's no excuse. Billions more lives will suffer and die. Evil will floursih, will it not, when food and space becomes scarce? Tension, hatred, desperation... all will accumulate and explode in the future. I can't count on you to change your ways, to allow peace. No... Even with peace, evil laughs, suffering exists, hatred continues.

And?

There is no peace. There is hatred and suffering and strife. There is triumph and there is exultation. There is life and there is death and they are glorious.

I don't concern myself with evil. I can't even define it. There is a world full of things to love, and a world full of things to hate, and I have a whole lifetime in which to do both.

Why have you forgotten to love?

Simmer down, we'll be fiine.

Less and less will suffer.

Less and less will suffer.

I think that naive. As an example, is it impossible that say, China and Russia decided to war with us? Then say others join the fray? It is inevitable.

Even then, if it doesn't happen, surely hundreds of years from now when the Earth is overpopulated, what then? Restrictions on births as they do already in China? Will it become a war to live and a war against overpopulation? What whispers have you heard of such fears of overpopulation already, ecofarm? Food becomes scarce, as well as land... think about it. Tell me it cannot happen inevitably.

If a child's life holds no value for you, then why would you care about their bloody mangled corpse?

If a child's life does hold value for you, then why would you seek to terminate it?

Let him burn. He seems to need it right now. It's a shame he can't just go out and destroy something he hates.

As an example, is it impossible that say, China and Russia decided to war with us? Then say others join the fray? It is inevitable.

One could hope so. You ever feel the shock run up your arm from blade hitting bone? That is life, right there. Blood for the blood god. Skulls for the skull throne.

Even then, if it doesn't happen, surely hundreds of years from now when the Earth is overpopulated, what then? Restrictions on births as they do already in China? Will it become a war to live and a war against overpopulation? What whispers have you heard of such fears of overpopulation already, ecofarm? Food becomes scarce, as well as land... think about it. Tell me it cannot happen inevitably.

If you think the world is overpopulated, start killing more people. Do it now so that your grandchildren don't have to. As long as you kill more people than you have children, you're doing your part to prevent overpopulation.

Back
Top Bottom