• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mary Trump Calls All GOP Lawmakers 'Traitors'—Excludes Cheney, Kinzinger

Coming from a Trump family member, it truly holds more meaning. 1/6 has sealed the deal for the GOP and many Trump supporters, in that those who stand behind a person who mangled/mangles just about everything that our nation stands for are understandably viewed as traitors. This is a serious situation unfolding before our eyes. An assault on our Constitution - and our Democracy, who believe in right from wrong that bounds us together under one flag. That elections do matter. People matter. Not that it took a Mary Trump to shine that light that is a big learning moment for many of us, but that a Mary Trump shinned it from the inside from which she has lived. In the aftermath of (S/I/T) Donald's path of destruction, Mary Trump knows just how far gone the entire GOP now is - with the exception of two.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mary-trump-calls-all-gop-lawmakers-traitors-excludes-cheney-kinzinger/ar-AALS6YV?ocid=msedgntp

Mary Trump, the niece of former president Donald Trump, has branded GOP lawmakers "traitors" for their attitude towards holding an investigation into the January 6 riots—although she did make two exceptions.

"Every single Republican in Congress is either an insurrectionist or stands in solidarity with insurrectionists," Trump tweeted.

"They are traitors to our country and yet they're still being allowed, with impunity, to participate in its governance. We must get to the truth. #January6thCommission," she added.
I don't need Mary Trump to state the obvious for me.

to be fair, the Right really needed a low life piece of garbage to fight for them (plus they saw how successful Limbaugh was). there is no way, with our constitution, that they can win the battles they must win (being born above others, interracial marriage, gay rights/marriage, transgender rights, etc, etc).

they tried somewhat decent people for a while, realized that they were losing the things most dear to them, then decided things were desperate and decided to go as low as the slim.

i bet the southerners felt the same desperation circa 1863.
Back in 2016, I doubt he would have been nominated if the R field had shrunk sooner. When there are, e.g., 6 candidates and 1 is crazy, the crazy can defeat the split vote of the rationals (note -- this was before Cruz and Rubio had embraced insanity for their political survival). That is why IMHO it is so great that the D party establishment got behind Biden and pushed others out of the race -- had they let the mob decide, it would have ended up "choosing" a crazy few wanted (Sanders) simply because he could unify a far wing while the party majority pointlessly debated which non-loon to nominate.

Coming from a Trump family member, it truly holds more meaning. 1/6 has sealed the deal for the GOP and many Trump supporters, in that those who stand behind a person who mangled/mangles just about everything that our nation stands for are understandably viewed as traitors. This is a serious situation unfolding before our eyes. An assault on our Constitution - and our Democracy, who believe in right from wrong that bounds us together under one flag. That elections do matter. People matter. Not that it took a Mary Trump to shine that light that is a big learning moment for many of us, but that a Mary Trump shinned it from the inside from which she has lived. In the aftermath of (S/I/T) Donald's path of destruction, Mary Trump knows just how far gone the entire GOP now is - with the exception of two.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mary-trump-calls-all-gop-lawmakers-traitors-excludes-cheney-kinzinger/ar-AALS6YV?ocid=msedgntp

Mary Trump, the niece of former president Donald Trump, has branded GOP lawmakers "traitors" for their attitude towards holding an investigation into the January 6 riots—although she did make two exceptions.

"Every single Republican in Congress is either an insurrectionist or stands in solidarity with insurrectionists," Trump tweeted.

"They are traitors to our country and yet they're still being allowed, with impunity, to participate in its governance. We must get to the truth. #January6thCommission," she added.
Mary Trump was spot on when she predicted her Uncles actions post Election.

Between us, I am the one who does. You are the one blinded in your messages by Trump and TDS.
You confuse TDS with having leadership standards. That is your misfortune.

She's nobody but a malcontent brat now trying to cash in on her name - nothing else. Her expertise and experience in government and politics? None, nothing. A nobody.
  1. She earned her bachelor’s degree in English literature from Tufts University in Massachusetts, USA.
  2. She earned her master’s degree in English literature from Columbia University in New York City.
  3. She contributed to Rachel Miller and Susan E. Mason’s book “Diagnosis: Schizophrenia. A Comprehesive Resource for Patients, Families and Helping Professionals,” which Columbia University Press published in 2002.
  4. In 2010, she earned her master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Adelphi University’s Derner Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies in Garden City, New York.
  5. She is the founder and chief executive officer of The Trump Coaching Group, a life coaching company, and has also owned and operated a number of small businesses in the Northeast
Quite the nobody, so I can understand why some would be jealous of her accomplishments, Hell, even I am jealous of her accomplishments.

I disagree, HenryChinaski. Anyone who tries to inspire in me to hatred for swaths of my fellow countrymen and women, however justified that hatred may seem, especially for their personal gain is worthy of the Trump name. Casual use of the term “traitor” or “enemy of the people” or “rapists and murderers” is meant to inspire acts of violence. I am certainly not going to give any member of that wicked, toxic family of myopic narcissists the time of day.
Calling a spade a spade is to be admired not ignored. If you don't agree with her that is one thing but many of us already knew what she said was true. And it about time someone decided to counter the hate with the truth.

1. She earned her bachelor’s degree in English literature from Tufts University in Massachusetts, USA.
  2. She earned her master’s degree in English literature from Columbia University in New York City.
  3. She contributed to Rachel Miller and Susan E. Mason’s book “Diagnosis: Schizophrenia. A Comprehesive Resource for Patients, Families and Helping Professionals,” which Columbia University Press published in 2002.
  4. In 2010, she earned her master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Adelphi University’s Derner Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies in Garden City, New York.
  5. She is the founder and chief executive officer of The Trump Coaching Group, a life coaching company, and has also owned and operated a number of small businesses in the Northeast
Quite the nobody, so I can understand why some would be jealous of her accomplishments, Hell, even I am jealous of her accomplishments.
You do know that the cult despises education and intelligence. It is poison to them like those that speak the truth too.

Mary Trump's five minutes of fame up yet? Oh wait, she's got a new book coming out this month. Got to keep herself in the "news"....

A new book? Good! We get to here more about Trump’s pettiness, corruption, and lies. I hope it’s an immediate best seller!

A new book? Good! We get to here more about Trump’s pettiness, corruption, and lies. I hope it’s an immediate best seller!

Give the people what they want. More Trump, I suppose.

She's nobody but a malcontent brat now trying to cash in on her name - nothing else. Her expertise and experience in government and politics? None, nothing. A nobody.
But as a family member (having grown up in the Trump family system), combined with a PhD in clinical psychology, Mary Trump is likely the world's foremost expert on the psychology, particularly the psychological wounding of Donald Trump. Most of what she talks about is that, pretty much with the message of telling people that Donal Trump is a very wounded man, suffering from acute narscissitic personality disorder. She does not opine about government or politics, but warns people that Trump is a fraud.

Mary Trump, the niece of former president Donald Trump, has branded GOP lawmakers "traitors" for their attitude towards holding an investigation into the January 6 riots—although she did make two exceptions...

I'm not sure I'd brand them as traitors, but I certainly think they share communal culpability in condoning it, and by not publicly condemning the J6 insurrection riot, that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm not sure I'd brand them as traitors, but I certainly think they share communal culpability in condoning it, and by not publicly condemning the J6 insurrection riot, that's exactly what they're doing.
I'm pretty sure.

Committing treason and tacitly condoning it, are not quite the same thing.

It's why we don't hang vocal supporters of HitlerTrump.
Minor correction.

I think that we're once again conflating the technical definition of treason, with the vernacular of traitor. I believe that those that condone, and even promote and excuse, the actions of the Jan 6 insurrectionists are traitors to the nation, even if they can only be charged with seditious conspiracy. I include some of our posting brethren who occupy the sleaziest corners of society and produce some of the most odious expellations stinking up the place.

Minor correction.

I think that we're once again conflating the technical definition of treason, with the vernacular of traitor. I believe that those that condone, and even promote and excuse, the actions of the Jan 6 insurrectionists are traitors to the nation, even if they can only be charged with seditious conspiracy. I include some of our posting brethren who occupy the sleaziest corners of society and produce some of the most odious expellations stinking up the place.

Merely condoning the J6 insurrection riot is not chargeable, and many GOP members of Congress don't actually do that...they merely refrain from condemning it.

I can't think of any other developed country that's seen some of it's citizens storm its legislature - not in the past 200 years anyway.

If they could, I'd like the Democrats, to pass a Constitutional amendment, to re-define the act of "Treason".

I share your share, but I also believe that for most of those in support of Trump's Big Lie and close to being all giddy over what took place on 1/6 that if a perfect political storm materialized that was in line with the illegal removal and illegal installation of our nation's leaders, many would be on board with that takeover. They'd be claiming support of our Constitution while destroying our Constitution all at the same time. imo

I share your share, but I also believe that for most of those in support of Trump's Big Lie and close to being all giddy over what took place on 1/6 that if a perfect political storm materialized that was in line with the illegal removal and illegal installation of our nation's leaders, many would be on board with that takeover. They'd be claiming support of our Constitution while destroying our Constitution all at the same time. imo

So much for a Republic being the "rule of law" versus a "Democracy" which is akin to "mob rule".

LOL

Merely condoning the J6 insurrection riot is not chargeable, and many GOP members of Congress don't actually do that...they merely refrain from condemning it.

I can't think of any other developed country that's seen some of it's citizens storm its legislature - not in the past 200 years anyway.

If they could, I'd like the Democrats, to pass a Constitutional amendment, to re-define the act of "Treason".
You did that conflating thing again, my friend. ;)

Refraining from condemning insurrectionists encourages further transgressions. They need to be pointed out, their behavior named, and opprobrium assigned. It's one of the few scenarios where I would say, if you're not with us, you're against us. Now, I reserve a special place for the likes of Mo Brooks, MTG, Lauren Boebert, and Andrew Clyde. It's an ongoing effort, and they are a part of undermining the country.

Back
Top Bottom