• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mary Trump Calls All GOP Lawmakers 'Traitors'—Excludes Cheney, Kinzinger

Read her book, Donald Trump has always been a low life piece of garbage. Same as his father was.
to be fair, the Right really needed a low life piece of garbage to fight for them (plus they saw how successful Limbaugh was). there is no way, with our constitution, that they can win the battles they must win (being born above others, interracial marriage, gay rights/marriage, transgender rights, etc, etc).

they tried somewhat decent people for a while, realized that they were losing the things most dear to them, then decided things were desperate and decided to go as low as the slim.

i bet the southerners felt the same desperation circa 1863.

She's nobody but a malcontent brat now trying to cash in on her name - nothing else. Her expertise and experience in government and politics? None, nothing. A nobody.
Right, a woman who earned a masters and a PhD as opposed to a guy who's mommy did his homework for him and had to pay someone else to take his college entrance exams..

Just spoiled brat stuff, nothing else. Her extort failed and continues to. But she can rely on Trump haters will buy any book that basically is titled "I hate Donald Trump." She's cashing in on their ignorance like so many others have.

The Trump haters. Oh how we make the Trump lovers cry.

Do you send Donny fan letters?

She's nobody but a malcontent brat now trying to cash in on her name - nothing else. Her expertise and experience in government and politics? None, nothing. A nobody.

She isn't selling "expertise and experience in government and politics".

Why do the people with crushes on Donald know so little about facts?

"Every single Republican in Congress is either an insurrectionist or stands in solidarity with insurrectionists," Trump tweeted.
Agree or disagree?
"They are traitors to our country and yet they're still being allowed, with impunity, to participate in its governance. We must get to the truth.
Agree or disagree?

I see two political points there: First, those who opposed the Commission (virtually all Republicans) are not doing so in the interest of the country, but to cover up the truth of the misdeeds and their participation in an insurrection. That would be "traitorous" in the vernacular: "a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc." Second, that people who act in such a manner, "betraying the country and its principles", should not be engaged in its governance. Where's the violence in that? Where's the hatred? Again, do you disagree?

She isn't selling "expertise and experience in government and politics".

Why do the people with crushes on Donald know so little about facts?
I'd say that those with crushes on Donald aren't interested in facts. They simply aren't relevant to their world view.

I have developed a rule over the past five years, ouch: And that rule is take pains not to listen to anything spoken by a person with the surname of "Trump" who encourages me to hate my fellow Americans and seeks to inspire feelings of violence against them. And that holds true whether their first name is Donald or Mary.

What if Mary is telling everyone to love their fellow Americans?

I do find it astonishing that even after 5 years of constant exposure to the lying and grifting there are still so many people wedded to his con. Where does such loyalty come from? How can anyone continue to be so fanatically stoopid?

I do find it astonishing that even after 5 years of constant exposure to the lying and grifting there are still so many people wedded to his con. Where does such loyalty come from? How can anyone continue to be so fanatically stoopid?
It's the same phenomenon that affects those that are addicted to televangelists and mega churches giving them piles of money. It fills some emotional need that lacking.

Mary Trump would probably have some great advise about that, but we wouldn't wish for it to turn into violence.

Hmmm. "Spreading hatred and anger. " Is this principle limited to Trumps? As far as I know, Mary hasn't done that.

It certainly is not limited to the Trumps, but I have written off the entire clan as being reprobates (though not in equal measure). And I would say that calling all Congressional Republicans and Trump supporters more widely, save Cheney and Kinzinger, traitors is spreading hatred that will inevitably lead to violence. The same way calling all Democratic politicians secret pedophile cannibals will inevitably lead someone to attacking Democratic politicians. This is not harmless rhetoric. It is poisoning the well of our discourse. Violence shall be the end result.

What she said was that those who do, as you said, spread hatred and anger by supporting Donald and "the big lie" are acting in a traitorous manner toward the country and the principles of democracy. Do you disagree?

I do disagree, NWRatCon. Treason is action or incitement to action. Donald Trump could colloquially be called traitorous because he is encouraging his followers to acts of violence against the American government. But the average Trump supporter who believes the election was stolen and seethes at Democratic politicians generally but does nothing more than complain? No. Only those who act violently on their beliefs or directly incite others are what I would describe as "traitorous."

Last edited:
Respect your rule, but have I missed something about Mary Trump inspiring violence against Americans?

Calling a large group of people "traitors" inspires violence, because traitors by definition must be excised out of the body politic and killed. In the same way that calling members of the media "enemies of the people" inspires violence against journalists.

Donald Trump and Fred literally drove Mary's father to suicide, They swindled millions from her when she was young child. She suffered great emotional and financial abuse at the hands of Fred and Donald Trump. She's the only truthful and well balanced individual in that ****ed up familly.

All true. Note, I am not defending Donald Trump. What I think the man deserves cannot be repeated on this forum without violating the rules. But calling anyone who did not actively campaign against this vile man a traitor is two steps too far. Only those who fought on his behalf to "stop the steal" or directly incited others to (including Trump himself) deserve that appellation even in a colloquial sense.

What if Mary is telling everyone to love their fellow Americans?

Then I would not have criticized her so harshly and indeed would have praised her as being one of the few exceptions of decency to come out of that horrid family.

Calling a large group of people "traitors" inspires violence, because traitors by definition must be excised out of the body politic and killed. In the same way that calling members of the media "enemies of the people" inspires violence against journalists.
By definition you are correct, however, being slightly warped (by life's harsh treatments) myself, I'll, incidentally, call some folks traitors but not actually meaning instant death to them. Not all of them. Not unless they threaten deadly harm to me, family, friends, animals or our collective population based on political control. I'm sure there's no duel meanings for the word traitor but that's one that I basically use to fit my current mood. My bad, so I own it. Being that because of what I have experienced in life, while not expressing any personal perspectives with the advantages that comes from a family of wealth, like Mary Trump, I understand and support much of her views about her dangerous Uncle. I assume that she's not a Republican but have a feeling that she may have been one during her early life. I don't feel threatened by her words.

Respectfully

Then I would not have criticized her so harshly and indeed would have praised her as being one of the few exceptions of decency to come out of that horrid family.

So you don't know if she told everyone to love fellow Americans.

It certainly is not limited to the Trumps, but I have written off the entire clan as being reprobates (though not in equal measure).
I haven't formed opinions of Tiffany or Barron, yet. Only suspicions.
And I would say that calling all Congressional Republicans and Trump supporters more widely, save Cheney and Kinzinger, traitors is spreading hatred that will inevitably lead to violence.
Well, hold on there. Does accuracy matter?
The same way calling all Democratic politicians secret pedophile cannibals will inevitably lead someone to attacking Democratic politicians.
You actually see that as parallel? One is obviously untrue (pedophilic cannibalism), and the other is arguably accurate. Moreover, in both cases the violence is coming from the same side. That seems to me to be the bigger problem.
I do disagree, NWRatCon. Treason is action or incitement to action.
Not necessarily. In the literal, constitutional, sense, yes, but not in the vernacular.
Donald Trump could colloquially be called traitorous because he is encouraging his followers to acts of violence against the American government. But the average Trump supporter who believes the election was stolen and seethes at Democratic politicians generally but does nothing more than complain? No. Only those who act violently on their beliefs or directly incite others are what I would describe as "traitorous."
Again, I might generally agree, except the behavior of those legislators is much more serious in three ways: First, they are in positions of authority so their behavior is more serious than the average follower, and more likely to incite action. Second, they acted with specific intent with adequate knowledge of the likely effects of their actions. Finally, they swore specific oaths: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. Arguably their actions were in direct violation of those oaths- or, more generally, traitorous.

Interesting reading so many Democrats claiming that a person has NO choice but to leave a huge portion of their estate to nephews and nieces - whether you like it or not. Forget about making any will because it doesn't matter. Nieces and nephews get much of your estate whether you like it or not. This is the stance of Democrats on this topic.
Weren't they the children of Fred's son Fred Jr?

I want to focus on another point that you seemed to sidestep, my friend: Is promoting and supporting the "big lie" a danger to our democratic and constitutional order? If so, isn't that traitorous? (Note, not treasonous. The distinction is significant.)

I disagree, HenryChinaski. Anyone who tries to inspire in me to hatred for swaths of my fellow countrymen and women, however justified that hatred may seem, especially for their personal gain is worthy of the Trump name. Casual use of the term “traitor” or “enemy of the people” or “rapists and murderers” is meant to inspire acts of violence. I am certainly not going to give any member of that wicked, toxic family of myopic narcissists the time of day.
I don't believe she has any intention of trying to inspire acts of violence, rather to educate Trump followers as to who Donald Trump really is. They really seem to have blinders on when it comes to DT.

Back
Top Bottom