• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marriage Proposal In Salt Lake City Utah Goes Viral

How does the video make you feel?

• I am male, and it disgusts me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am female, and it disgusts me

• I am female - I won't even watch video

• I hate you

• Total voters

Wow. Look how many people got involved in this. Including Home Depot.

What are your own personal thoughts when you view this video? Did it touch you a tiny bit?
Did it make you cringe and start stabbing for the stop button?
Are you copying the link and posting it to other places like Facebook?
Did you cry? Or tear up a tiny bit?

Are you happy for the couple?

Or disgusted with what you saw?

The music's not really my cup of tea, but that was a damn good idea for a proposal; and if it doesn't at least make you smile, I suspect there's something deeply wrong with you.

My thoughts are:

1) I would have been pissed if I needed to buy lumber and this crap was going on; and

2) Proposing like that is not about being romantic--it is because you are so uncertain that you need to add a layer of peer pressure, but that the video had two production companies and is on the web pretty much tells me it was about attention whoring above all else.

Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you.

It was at Home Depot because they like wood?

I have to be honest here...the fact that it was a gay couple kind of ruined it for me. Not being gay, I don't connect with it.

All the best to the couple, glad to see friends and family support, but between that and the bad dancers I'm not a fan of the video. Sorry.

Welcome to the 50%

love is love.

Wow. Look how many people got involved in this. Including Home Depot.

What are your own personal thoughts when you view this video? Did it touch you a tiny bit?

i watched this a couple of days ago and thought it was a lovely moment we were allowed to share. Yes I cried.

Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Is it the honesty or the forthrightness that you find seriously wrong with me?

Is it the honesty or the forthrightness that you find seriously wrong with me?

It's the humorlessness and curmudgeonly tendencies I find to be seriously wrong with you.

Different strokes for different folks.
It's beyond obvious the guy being proposed to was totally into it.

The obvious question for you is, and I think I know the answer, would your response to this have been the same is the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

Surely that can be the only reason someone doesn't like the video~!!! Lol, pure genius there, mate

I as a big gay homo would find it every but as hokey if it was a straight couple purposing

No, you can only find it hokey if you hate gays. It's the law

OMG, that was terrific! Watching the guy's face as each new person came in, watching him crack up laughing, I was laughing all the way through with him! I love stuff like this, and he must be a wonderful guy to have that many of his friends and family give him this kind of surprise... not to mention that many people who managed to keep a secret!! :lol:

The obvious question for you Superfly, and I think I know the answer, would you have bothered posting this if the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

?? Superfly has not posted in this thread.

smoke screen

One of those gay guys is someone i do lots of nasty gay stuff with. But he does say I am gay incognito. Dint like show tunes, lady Gaga makes me sick. Interior decorating to me is put a chair in a room so that I can best see the television.

I find it a little disturbing how some people make such a huge production out of everything relating to their wedding. I think it's part of what's wrong with marriage in today's society.

And it would piss me off if I was trying to shop there while they were doing this.

LOL god forbid you are inconvenienced for 5 minutes at home depot. However, I've never been a fan of the 'spotlight proposals.' How could the guy possibly say no after that?

LOL god forbid you are inconvenienced for 5 minutes at home depot.

There's plenty of places they could do something like that that don't inconvenience other people at all. If I went into home depot to buy something and they told me I couldn't shop in the section I needed to because someone was putting on some big show of a marriage proposal, I'd walk out and drive half a mile to Lowes. Why risk losing customers over something that gains you nothing?

Of course maybe they did this during a time when the store was closed, in which case that's fine, but the video didn't make it sound like it.

If I wanted to get some lumber and this was going on, I would be amused by it and then have a nice story to tell my friends next time we hang out.

I voted: i'm a male and I couldn't care less.

But I should have also voted: I didn't even watch the video because I didn't. I just wanted all of you to know this.

in the internet age nothing is kept special

These kinds of proposals always make me sort of uncomfortable, but not for the reason assumed by the OP.

That is a lot of pressure for the proposee to be under. When I see these kinds of videos, half of me thinks it's hilarious/cute, and the other half of me feels kind of sick.

On the other hand, there are a lot of couples who talk about getting married before someone actually proposes. That's always a possibility, in which case it clears up the stench of coercion.

If I am to assume that's the case here, then I think it's pretty cute. Also very surprisingly, considering the location.

C'mon. Taken by itself, who the hell is so caught up in their matched chromosomes that they can't enjoy this? Really now.

As a side note, you know how some couples sometimes start to look like each other after a while? It's always so much more noticeable when it happens to a gay couple. :lol:

That, in my opinion, is the problem. People focus more on the wedding (and the engagement) than the actual marriage. It's not about marrying someone they want to spend the rest of their life with, it's about having their dream wedding. I think that's a contributing factor to the high divorce rate in this country.

There's a boat-load of things that contribute to high divorce rates. I doubt the method/style of proposing makes the top ten list.

Back
Top Bottom