• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'Marriage is for White People'

steen said:
Fascinating claim, that one's skin color determines whether they are lazy or not.

You MUST be a conservative, right?

LOL, "fascinating claim" indeed, so because one is conservative, he his racist.

I believe we have rules about that sort of thing here, being insulting to an entire group of people, I'd watch that if I were you.:doh

steen said:
Fascinating claim, that one's skin color determines whether they are lazy or not.

Since when is skin color the same as culture. He's talking about "nurture" rather than "nature", or to put it another way, environment rather than genetics.

steen said:

No, I am not a conservative but I do pay attention to the way some cultures like to promote certain things. For instance, Illegal mexican immigrants (not all but most) look down on legal mexican immigrants and call them deragatory terms wich equate to "sell out". Plus they also (once again not all but most) are proud of the fact that they are bringing down parts fo America and lowering them to Mexico standards (And yes I HAVE worked with them and this is what they have told me so don't try to call this a falsehood). That is the culture of Illegal Mexican Immigrants. People who are proud of the term Ghetto have a different culture that they like to promote. That culture is one of entitlement and crime. They like the idea of shooting a cop and making the white man pay for their living, food etc. This culture unfortunately is gaining more ground since nobody is willing to say anything negative about it for fear of being called a racist. Let me make this absolutely clear, I DO NOT CARE WHAT COLOR OF SKIN A PERSON HAS I only care about how they act and whether or not they are willing to work hard and obey the rules of this country. I also never said anything about only ONE skin color being lazy. There are plenty of lazy White, Yellow, Black, Grey, Green, Purple, WHATEVER color people out there. BUT only certain groups are proud of that demographic of people, other groups do their best to fix the problems. The negative groups are the ones I have a problem with. Now, what is conservative or racist about that? Please, I would like to know.

"You're both assuming that not marrying = not cohabiting and dating other people. Ever heard of de facto partners?"

The article also talked about how many kids are growing up with one parent.

mpg said:
"You're both assuming that not marrying = not cohabiting and dating other people. Ever heard of de facto partners?"

The article also talked about how many kids are growing up with one parent.

Uh, no, the article is quite clearly about marriage - or the lack thereof. Just look at the title. Or maybe even read it?

It mentions kids growing up with one parent because that's the assumption - that illegitimate kids will end up fatherless (even though the boys wanted to know how to be good fathers... go figure). Interestingly, it doesn't mention how many of those kids being raised by single mothers were actually born to single mothers.

vergiss said:
You're both assuming that not marrying = not cohabiting and dating other people. Ever heard of de facto partners?

I don't think it's in any way comparable to the difficulties faced by not receiving an education. Not only are you completely ignoring the many, many successful kids whose parents aren't married but raise them together (again, how can a marriage certificate improve this situation?), but the millions of children whose parents later divorce (in which case a marriage certificate obviously did nothing to guarantee happiness and security). Let's pause for a moment while I list all my friends who are at university but whose parents aren't together or never were: Lani, Scott, Alice, Genevieve, Bianca, Morris, Steph, Sarah, etc. Now, the kids I know whose parents are married, but dropped out of school anyway: Claire, Hannah (committed suicide... a bloody waste), Luc, Sonja, Saxon... hmm. Yep, I totally see proof of your theory here.

So, got any proof that a big, expensive party will make your children's lives in any way safer, happier or more financially stable? Marriage does not automatically make one a good parent any more than lack thereof makes one a bad parent. That much should be plainly obvious to anyone who bothers to take a realistic view of the world.

Yea, its called statistics, like I posted earlier. Nobody's saying that the act itself changes anything, but rather that those houses in which the parents are married have a better chance of raising their children better.

# The poverty rate for all children in married-couple families is 8.2 percent. By contrast, the poverty rate for all children in single-parent families is four times higher at 35.2 percent.

But then again, don't let actual scientific facts stand in the way of your juggernaut of anecdotal evidence.

vergiss said:
So why the big deal? You don't need to marry your partner to be a good dad,

To be a better Dad you do.

or to raise happy, well-adjusted kids.

Not according to everything we know.

this may seem pessimistic but it is just a piece of paper.

You obviously have no clue what marriage is.

Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that one day they want to be the best parent they can be,

Then marry the mother of your child, or better yet find a mate whom you want to raise children with and marry that person. THAT's being the best parent you can be.

ahead of pursuing money or prestige -

On doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

rather than panicking over the lack of a ring on their finger?

Obviously you haven't a clue what marriage is.

Half of marriages end in divorce, anyway.

Because divorce is too easy.

Saying "I do" won't guarantee happiness, and won't guarantee that the two parents will remain under one roof. If you're in love, if your kids are happy, what more could a formality bring?

Nope but it is the ultimate goal.

Erm, and what the heck does not marrying have to do with the "culture of poverty", exactly? Last I checked, wealth is not dependent on exchanging vows.

Not "dependent" but heavily influenced.

I don't think one needs to be conservative to be a racist.

Great, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. As soon as you say anything bad about a culture you are all of a sudden labeled a racist. Nobody cares about whether or not there are bad things associated with said culture, oh no, its much easier to tear down the messenger and ignore the message.

Okay, Stinger - exactly how does marriage make a person a better parent?

I'm not denying the statistics, but there's no actual reason to believe that it's causational. What if they did a study and discovered that fans of heavy metal are more likely to suffer heart disease? Would you blame the music - or rationally realise it's a coincidence, or perhaps influenced by other factors?

I think we know from common sense that the impoverished are less likely to marry (just as they're less likely to finish high school, and the like), meaning that the poor will be over-represented in these statistics. Any disadvantages their children face (and later problems - criminality, mental illness, drug taking etc are probably more related to the hardship faced by the poor than their illegitimacy). There's no reason to believe that marriage itself has any impact on their financial status. Worry about their education and the like if you want to improve things, before you worry about a wedding certificate.

The only issue I faced as a child from being born a bastard is when people (not only children, but also adults) were rude about it. I realised early on that there is no greater committment two people can make to each other than to bring a child into the world - marriage pales in comparison to that.

Davo said:
If you knew anything about the subculture you're apparently an expert on you'd know that most rappers are married. Half the stuff they say about bi*tches and h*oes is all an act. The black community simply has more problems then the white community due to 400 years of slavery followed by 50-60 years of racism that have influenced from how they eat to how they *****.

Oh really? So tell me, are the blacks in the US doing better or worse then the blacks in Africa? Let's see, while America was built primarily by Europeans who are now responsible for creating over a dozen successful nations that have contributed scientifically and technologically to the world on a grand scale, the African continent has managed to produce more poverty, more civil war, more destruction, and more chaos, than just about any place on earth.

Maybe you should take a little trip back in time and read a real history book. Africans were enslaving africans long before any white Europeans came to Africa to pick slaves up.

Funny how every Western and most Eastern societies managed to get over slavery but somehow it's responsible for holding back those black people even today right? Did you know that the English enslaved the Scottish? I don't know about you, but Scottland is doing pretty good now.

The word "slave" itself is derived from the word "slav," a reference to the Eastern European White people who, among others, were enslaved by their fellow Whites, by the Mongols, and by the Arabs over a period of many centuries.

According to Thomas Burton's Parliamentary Diary 1656-1659, in 1659 the English parliament debated the practice of selling British Whites into slavery in the New World. In the debate, these Whites were referred to not as "indentured servants" but as "slaves."

In the Calendar of State Papers, Colonial Series, America and West Indies of 1701, we read of a protest over the "encouragement to the spiriting away of Englishmen without their consent and selling them for slaves, which hath been a practice very frequent and known by the name of kidnapping." In the British West Indies, plantation slavery was instituted as early as 1627. In Barbados by the 1640s there were an estimated 25,000 slaves, of whom 21,700 were White.

Slavery was a WORLD WIDE practice for centuries. More whites were enslaved then blacks, and more blacks were enslaved by other blacks than whites.

SO STOP WITH THE BS. You know why blacks are in such a pathetic economic state in America? For the same reason that there entire continent is dirt poor and in civil war. Their culture is SELF DESTRUCTIVE as has been overhwelmingly demonstrated by both history and reality.

Somehow China and Japan and South Korea all revovered from slavery. Somehow all the East Europeans and Western Europeans recovered from slavery. So if the rest of the world recovered from it, why haven't the black people. Youre excuses are dead, your cries of bs racism are no longer heard by white America and in a few more decades when affirmative action and racial quotas have taken away all the jobs that intelligent white americans have worked damned hard for, you won't just be seeing posts on a message board, you'll be seeing millions of whites taking to the streets demanding the TRUE economic injustices be revered. The ones that hold back smarter people, harder working people, and more determined people, so that lazier, less intelligent people can be let in based soley on the color of their skin!

RealmOfThePureForms said:
SO STOP WITH THE BS. You know why blacks are in such a pathetic economic state in America? For the same reason that there entire continent is dirt poor and in civil war. Their culture is SELF DESTRUCTIVE as has been overhwelmingly demonstrated by both history and reality.

:neutral:

"Their" continent? Right.

Gotta love it when racists are so ashamed of their own views they deny they're racist. :roll: You can't blame what's bloody obvious on political correctness, hon.

vergiss said:
:neutral:

"Their" continent? Right.

Gotta love it when racists are so ashamed of their own views they deny they're racist. :roll: You can't blame what's bloody obvious on political correctness, hon.

There is nothing racist about the truth. You can sit there and act like I am racist for stating facts but it won't work much longer in America. The continent of Africa is in shambles. Europeans built many successful nations. In America it is a FACT that up until the 1800s there were more white slaves than black. The rest of the world has suffered slavery for hundreds of years. Blacks are not the only ones who suffered from slavery, they are just the only ones who use slavery as an excuse for EVERYTHING wrong with their culture.

And for the record, I am married to a filipino woman. I do not judge people by the color of their skin.

I state the facts, and you being the brainwashed person you are scream racism without thinking twice as to what racism actually is.

You want to know what racism is? Racism is when you tier a race of people in a democratic free society above another race by giving them special privilages that the other races don't have access to. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF RACISM. That is what AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES.

You can shout and scream and cry you're dead mantra of everyone and everything being racist who doesn't believe the lie that currently exists in America. But it won't matter because more and more people are waking up to the fact that it's a bunch of bs.

Let's see, while America was built primarily by Europeans

Actually it was built on the backs of slaves and later cheap black labour.

the African continent has managed to produce more poverty, more civil war, more destruction, and more chaos, than just about any place on earth.

Yup, but what can you expect when they had nothing but corruption from whites when they left and carving up africa like a cake without respect to history.

Funny how every Western and most Eastern societies managed to get over slavery but somehow it's responsible for holding back those black people even today right? Did you know that the English enslaved the Scottish? I don't know about you, but Scottland is doing pretty good now.

Well it was only in 1965 that blacks even got cival rights. 400 years of slavery cannot wipe out ghetto culture overnight.

Scotland? I guess you haven't seen the shitty townships where the poor ghetto scots love.

Plus there are plenty of poor white trash, blacks and mexicans.

Slavery was a WORLD WIDE practice for centuries. More whites were enslaved then blacks, and more blacks were enslaved by other blacks than whites.

Don't forget white slavery practiced today, lots of white women from america are sold to arab countries and oil is a priority, so U.S government won't lift a finger.

DD7 said:
Actually it was built on the backs of slaves and later cheap black labour.

Actually it wasn't.

"In Brian Inglis' Poverty and the Industrial Revolution we read: "Here then was a ready source of labor - and a very welcome one. The children were formally indentured as apprentices... What happened to them was nobody's concern. A parish in London, having got rid of a batch of unwanted pauper children, was unlikely to interest itself in their subsequent fate... The term 'apprenticeship' was in any case a misnomer...."

In Marjorie Cruikshank's Children and Industry: "many employers imported child apprentices, parish orphans from workhouses far and near. Clearly, overseers of the poor were only too keen to get rid of the orphans... children were brought (to the factories) like 'cartloads of live lumber' and abandoned to their fate... poor children, taken from workhouses or kidnapped in the streets of the metropolis, used to be brought down by... coach to Manchester and slid into a cellar in Mosley Street as if they had been stones or any other inanimate substance."

White children worked up to sixteen hours a day and during that period the doors were locked. Children - and most of the mill workers were children - were allowed out only to 'go to the necessary.' In some factories it was forbidden to open the windows... The child 'apprentices' who were on night shift might have to stay on it for as long as four or five years. They were lucky if they were given a half penny an hour.

This was labor without any breaks - unceasing labor. When the children fell asleep at the machines, they were lashed into wakefulness with a whip. If they arrived late to the factory, talked to another child, or committed some other infraction they were beaten with an iron bar known as a "billy-roller," eight feet long and one inch and a half in diameter. Many were thus murdered, often for trifling offenses such as calling out names to the next child.

Thousands of children were mangled or mutilated by the primitive factory machinery every year. They were often disfigured or disabled for life, then abandoned, receiving no compensation of any kind. Similar conditions obtained for enslaved White children on this side of the Atlantic, as what William Blake called "these Satanic Mills" spread to our shores.

Historian Oscar Handlin writes that in colonial America, White servants could be bartered for a profit, sold to the highest bidder for the unpaid debts of their masters, and otherwise transferred like moveable goods or chattels...
The controlled media focus exclusively on the enslavement of Blacks. The impression is given that only Whites bear responsibility for enslaving Blacks and that only Blacks were slaves. In fact, Blacks in Africa engaged in extensive enslavement of their own kind. Slavery was endemic in Africa, with entire tribes being enslaved through conquest on a regular basis. When Arabic, Jewish and White slave traders arrived on the coast of sub-Saharan Africa, they seldom if ever had to travel inland and fight or pursue their quarry. They were met on the coast by Africans more than willing to sell slaves to them by the thousands. And in America, records show that Black slaves were owned, not just by a few wealthy Whites, but by free Blacks and by Cherokee Indians. In some cases, these Blacks and Indians even owned White slaves.

White slaves were actually owned by Blacks and Indians in the South to such an extent that the Virginia Assembly passed the following law in 1670: "It is enacted that no negro or Indian though baptized and enjoying their own freedom shall be capable of any such purchase of Christians." The records of the time reveal that free Blacks often owned Black slaves themselves. In 1717, it was proposed that a qualification for election to the South Carolina Assembly was to be "the ownership of one White man."

From 1609 until the early 1800s, between one half and two thirds of all the White colonists who came to the New World came as slaves. White slaves cleared the forests, drained the swamps, built the roads, sweated in the fields, and died like flies in hellish factories. Owned like property, they had no rights nor recourse to the law. Fugitive slave laws applied to them just as to Blacks if they should flee their masters. Black slaves were expensive, and though at times cruelly used, were not often used beyond the limits of human endurance. That would have been a waste of a costly investment. White slaves, however, consisting of the poor and unwanted "surplus population" of Britain, were available for nearly nothing, just a few pence for a thug to billyclub them and shanghai them aboard a westward-bound vessel. Thus they were expendable."

DD7 said:
Yup, but what can you expect when they had nothing but corruption from whites when they left and carving up africa like a cake without respect to history.

Wrong again buddy. The correct phrase would be "Yup, but what can you expect when they had nothing but corruption from blacks who were responsible for enslaving other blacks for centuries before the first white slave trader landed on the African continent.

Again, EVERY OTHER MAJOR CIVILIZATION ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET SUFFERED CENTURIES OF SLAVERY. But you continue to use this as an excuse exclusively as to why the African continent has failed to produce a single stable country. What part of that isn't sinking through your head? The rest of the world went through exactly the same problems with slavery the Africans did, did ya get that or do I have to repeat it again?

DD7 said:
Well it was only in 1965 that blacks even got cival rights. 400 years of slavery cannot wipe out ghetto culture overnight.

Again see first and second response.

DD7 said:
Plus there are plenty of poor white trash, blacks and mexicans.

Name the top 10 most successful, productive, and technological advanced societies on earth and I won't even have to answer this.

DD7 said:
Don't forget white slavery practiced today, lots of white women from america are sold to arab countries and oil is a lot more important than that.

Don't forget black slavery today. Today in many African countries blacks are still enslaving blacks. And lets not forget about South Africa where racism against whites is so bad that death threats are regularly placed to white farmers and laws are passed to discriminate against whites.

Actually it wasn't.

"In Brian Inglis' Poverty and the Industrial Revolution we read: "Here then was a ready source of labor - and a very welcome one. The children were formally indentured as apprentices... What happened to them was nobody's concern. A parish in London, having got rid of a batch of unwanted pauper children, was unlikely to interest itself in their subsequent fate... The term 'apprenticeship' was in any case a misnomer...."

In Marjorie Cruikshank's Children and Industry: "many employers imported child apprentices, parish orphans from workhouses far and near. Clearly, overseers of the poor were only too keen to get rid of the orphans... children were brought (to the factories) like 'cartloads of live lumber' and abandoned to their fate... poor children, taken from workhouses or kidnapped in the streets of the metropolis, used to be brought down by... coach to Manchester and slid into a cellar in Mosley Street as if they had been stones or any other inanimate substance."

White children worked up to sixteen hours a day and during that period the doors were locked. Children - and most of the mill workers were children - were allowed out only to 'go to the necessary.' In some factories it was forbidden to open the windows... The child 'apprentices' who were on night shift might have to stay on it for as long as four or five years. They were lucky if they were given a half penny an hour.

This was labor without any breaks - unceasing labor. When the children fell asleep at the machines, they were lashed into wakefulness with a whip. If they arrived late to the factory, talked to another child, or committed some other infraction they were beaten with an iron bar known as a "billy-roller," eight feet long and one inch and a half in diameter. Many were thus murdered, often for trifling offenses such as calling out names to the next child.

Thousands of children were mangled or mutilated by the primitive factory machinery every year. They were often disfigured or disabled for life, then abandoned, receiving no compensation of any kind. Similar conditions obtained for enslaved White children on this side of the Atlantic, as what William Blake called "these Satanic Mills" spread to our shores.

Historian Oscar Handlin writes that in colonial America, White servants could be bartered for a profit, sold to the highest bidder for the unpaid debts of their masters, and otherwise transferred like moveable goods or chattels...
The controlled media focus exclusively on the enslavement of Blacks. The impression is given that only Whites bear responsibility for enslaving Blacks and that only Blacks were slaves. In fact, Blacks in Africa engaged in extensive enslavement of their own kind. Slavery was endemic in Africa, with entire tribes being enslaved through conquest on a regular basis. When Arabic, Jewish and White slave traders arrived on the coast of sub-Saharan Africa, they seldom if ever had to travel inland and fight or pursue their quarry. They were met on the coast by Africans more than willing to sell slaves to them by the thousands. And in America, records show that Black slaves were owned, not just by a few wealthy Whites, but by free Blacks and by Cherokee Indians. In some cases, these Blacks and Indians even owned White slaves.

White slaves were actually owned by Blacks and Indians in the South to such an extent that the Virginia Assembly passed the following law in 1670: "It is enacted that no negro or Indian though baptized and enjoying their own freedom shall be capable of any such purchase of Christians." The records of the time reveal that free Blacks often owned Black slaves themselves. In 1717, it was proposed that a qualification for election to the South Carolina Assembly was to be "the ownership of one White man."

From 1609 until the early 1800s, between one half and two thirds of all the White colonists who came to the New World came as slaves. White slaves cleared the forests, drained the swamps, built the roads, sweated in the fields, and died like flies in hellish factories. Owned like property, they had no rights nor recourse to the law. Fugitive slave laws applied to them just as to Blacks if they should flee their masters. Black slaves were expensive, and though at times cruelly used, were not often used beyond the limits of human endurance. That would have been a waste of a costly investment. White slaves, however, consisting of the poor and unwanted "surplus population" of Britain, were available for nearly nothing, just a few pence for a thug to billyclub them and shanghai them aboard a westward-bound vessel. Thus they were expendable."

Source please.

Name the top 10 most successful, productive, and technological advanced societies on earth and I won't even have to answer this.

Japan
China
India

The rest is history, muahahah.

Don't forget black slavery today. Today in many African countries blacks are still enslaving blacks.

Really where?

And lets not forget about South Africa where racism against whites is so bad that death threats are regularly placed to white farmers and laws are passed to discriminate against whites.

Who cares? I don't. :smile:

DD7 said:
Japan
China
India

The rest is history, muahahah.

Really where?

Who cares? I don't. :smile:

Haha, and that is what happens when you get proven wrong on a forum. It just gets pushed aside by some idiotic statements infront of it. It's ok. You don't have to pick up any books, or research anything about American, European, and African history. You just continue to get all your information 2nd hand from the college professor. I like how they teach people not to think these days. I wonder what it's like to always except everything my college professor says without ever looking up the information to see if it's true or not. Could you tell me sometime? :)

You can't argue your case and run away, what a pity.

This country has managed to do something amazing (have 3 different major ethnic groups live peacefully together in one country)

Ok, I'm not discussing with a Nazi lover.

Last edited:
DD7 said:

My case was made on the previous page. Then you promptly *ran away* by posting your dribble to my post which was little more than *who cares*.

See what you are doing now is called "spin". Instead of actually admitting that you no longer have an answer to my post, you post something like "who cares" and act like my previous post which you were unable to answer never actually existed.

I'm sorry that you are incapable of seeking out the truth, but please, don't say that I am running away when you are making posts like "who cares" and are unable to make a single intelligent response to my post.

Just for the record.

The top 5 nations are

USA
Japan
Russia
England
France

As for the sources, you want sources for the child labor? Take a college class US History to 1886. Standard basic history class that goes into great detail about the child labor laws that came into being from the 1800s because of all the horrific things that children had to endure in sweat shops in America.

Where are your sources that show all the bile you've been spewing that has no factual basis anywhere except in your mind.

You have made the following claims which have no factual basis anywhere

1) African nations suffered oppression from white slave owners more so than from their own african slave owners and traders.

2) That slavery existed squarely in and around Africa and that no other parts of the world suffered more extensive slavery than Africa which is the reason why Africa is unable to produce even a single stable nation.

3) That Africans are unable to overcome slavery while wholey ignoring the fact that other nations in other continents suffered under the same kinds of slavery. For centuries in every part of the globe be it South America, Asia, or Europe, there exist many nations that rose up from being enslaved to become productive nations in the world.

4) That only American whites enslaved American blacks but that no American blacks enslaved other blacks or that no Indians enslaved blacks, or that no blacks and indians enslaved whites. WHERE ARE YOUR SOURCES FOR THESE ACCUSATIONS??

Last edited:
DD7 said:

I am having you flagged for this post. Defamation of character, taking a single sentence from someone elses post and using it out of context to make other people believe something false.

DD7 said:
Moderator's Warning:
If you feel you must engage in name calling, please do so in The Basement. IF you feel you can make an airtight, evidence based case that RPF does, in deed, love nazis, please start your own thread instead of derailing this one w/ a debate about RPF's alleged naziphilia. And, since it would be a thread about you problem w/ RPF, please start that thread in The Basement.
While, outside of The Basement, please control your urges to resort to name-calling.

Thanks in advance,

Simon W. Moon
Milk Machine Maintenance Moderator

Quote:
Don't forget black slavery today. Today in many African countries blacks are still enslaving blacks.

Really where?

Are you really so ignorant of this?

Quote:
Really where?

Are you really so ignorant of this?

No, really, where in Africa do they have slavery. Give me some names.

DD7 said:
No, really, where in Africa do they have slavery. Give me some names.

DD7 are you a smart person? Is it too hard for you to go on a search engine to find the truth? Are you really that lazy? Because I am tired of wasting my time, to find things that anyone could find with a couple minutes of searching. Get in touch with reality or just don't bother posting/wasting our time. Yes there is still slavery, and if you went to a search engine and just types in "21st century slavery" you'd find out. But I see that it is much easier to just come back on the message board and write a larger sentence than you would actually need if you had just types in a search engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_labour

"Modern Africa

Slavery persists in Africa more than in all other continents. Slavery in Mauritania was legally abolished by laws passed in 1905, 1961, and 1981, but several human rights organizations are reporting that the practice continues there. The trading of children has been reported in modern Nigeria and Benin. In parts of Ghana, a family may be punished for an offense by having to turn over a virgin female to serve as a sex slave within the offended family. In this instance, the woman does not gain the title of "wife". In the Sudan, slavery continues as part of an ongoing civil war. Evidence emerged in the late 1990s of systematic slavery in cacao plantations in West Africa. See the chocolate and slavery article."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_and_slavery

"Chocolate and slavery are alleged to be linked in contemporary chocolate plantations in west Africa. Some west African states have been accused of allowing the practice of slave labour in cocoa plantations. In the Côte d'Ivoire boys aged between 12 and 16 have been documented as being sold as slaves. Most slaves are impoverished young men and boys from Benin, Togo, and especially Mali. Children found alone at bus stations or begging for food are lured to the Ivory Coast and sold there. [1]Traffickers promise them paid work together with housing and education; instead they suffer forced labour and severe abuse working on cocoa farms. The Cote d'Ivoire in West Africa is the largest producer and exporter of cocoa beans. West Africa, notably the Ivory Coast, supplies nearly 50% of world cocoa. Slavery is persistent and hard to detect in remote Ivorian farms."

Yawn, old news. Give me something from 2006. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom