• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Accuses Cori Bush of 'Racism' Over July 4 Tweet

Bingo..so they are the same accept for the cost.
Yet the LAW when it comes to sentencing treats them differently..
So poor people ..of which minorities are more likely to be poor ..which means minorities are more likely to be impacted by the difference and thus sentenced longer for essentially getting caught with the same drug.

Blacks commit 52% of the murders and 54% of the robberies. Blacks are more likely to be impacted by criminal laws against murder and robbery Criminal laws applied equally regardless of race is not racism because it has a disproportionate impact upon blacks.

My grand father started and my father completed an extensive family tree going back to Colonial New York. None of them owned slaves and the Civil war wiped out half the men with my last name. The fact that I have the same color skin as southern slave owners couldnt be more meaningless, and yet under CRT it is everything.
Actually ..no under crt your family history..slavery or not..white or not..etc .has nothing to do with crt.
But I welcome you to provide evidence of Critical Race theory doing just that. .

Blacks commit 52% of the murders and 54% of the robberies. Blacks are more likely to be impacted by criminal laws against murder and robbery Criminal laws applied equally regardless of race is not racism because it has a disproportionate impact upon blacks.
And crt would say yep. . Under.crt..a black person being convicted of murder is not inherently racist. More black people being convicted of murder us not inherently racist either.
However .if a white person murders someone..and a black person murders someone..and the black person is statistically more likely to get convicted..less likely to be granted leniency..more likely to be given a longer sentence..less likely to be given.parole..then the system needs to be critically examined for systemic institutional racism and it effect on race.

And crt would say yep. . Under.crt..a black person being convicted of murder is not inherently racist. More black people being convicted of murder us not inherently racist either.
However .if a white person murders someone..and a black person murders someone..and the black person is statistically more likely to get convicted..less likely to be granted leniency..more likely to be given a longer sentence..less likely to be given.parole..then the system needs to be critically examined for systemic institutional racism and it effect on race.

Kendi disagrees.
"When I See Racial Disparities, I See Racism" Kendi
I was reading him argue that a reduction in the capital gains tax would be racism because whites would be more likely to benefit than blacks. His statement above is clear. No qualifications or limitations. A fundamental aspect of CRT.

Actually ..no under crt your family history..slavery or not..white or not..etc .has nothing to do with crt.
What nonsense "white or not". The color of ones skin is fundamental to CRT. But your right in that no other details matter.

What nonsense "white or not". The color of ones skin is fundamental to CRT. But your right in that no other details matter.
The color of one's skin has absolutely nothing to do with critical race theory. However you are certainly welcome to provide evidence from its founders or examples of it being applied to support your contention
Here is a start:
Any decent critical race work doesn't focus on the individual, it focuses on the system, the structure," says race critical scholar Alana Lentin, an associate professor at the University of Western Sydney. "As soon as we can see that, we also see that no one benefits from a divided society."

Hmm please explain again how it focuses on an individuals skin color?

Hmm..so if I had family members who died fighting to end slavery.. thus causing family members to be broken up to surviving relatives..which had far reaching negative consequences for me. Does that make me responsible?
Hypothetically, you could find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Hypothetically, you could find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...
Well..that would be as rare as a cogent answer from you.

The color of one's skin has absolutely nothing to do with critical race theory. However you are certainly welcome to provide evidence from its founders or examples of it being applied to support your contention
Here is a start:
Any decent critical race work doesn't focus on the individual, it focuses on the system, the structure," says race critical scholar Alana Lentin, an associate professor at the University of Western Sydney. "As soon as we can see that, we also see that no one benefits from a divided society."

Hmm please explain again how it focuses on an individuals skin color?

I will leave you in your ignorance of CRT for all to see.

I will leave you in your ignorance of CRT for all to see.
You leave because you have no evidence of your assertions.

Here is again:

CRT views equal treatment under the law to be systemic racism. They demand equity.
if there truly was equal treatment under the law, why would inequitable outcomes occur?

Nope.. thats not how inequity is defined there buddy.
Inequity is in that when a black person is accused of murder... he is more likely to be convicted than a white person with the same evidence against him.
That white person is more likely to get leniency from the judge
The black person is more likely to get a longer sentence than the white person committing the same crime.

Thats the inequity we are talking about.
So, you change that by promoting that America sucks, and every white person is responsible simply by having less melenon at birth?

You leave because you have no evidence of your assertions.

Here is again:

You should ask Alana on what basis we are a "divided society" and you would learn it is the color of our skin. Ask her if "whiteness" "white privilege" or "white supremacy" has anything to do with color of skin. Ask her if the division between the "oppressor" and the "oppressed" is based upon anything other than skin color.

if there truly was equal treatment under the law, why would inequitable outcomes occur?

Differences between the races. Do you think the NBA and NFL are majority black because of discrimination against whites? Do you think Asians outperform whites on standardized testing because of discrimination against whites?

So, you change that by promoting that America sucks, and every white person is responsible simply by having less melenon at birth?
Um no.
Not all. In fact..crt says the exact opposite. You don't change that by saying that it's about individuals and their color..and racism.
Crt says that you critically examine the institutions and laws.. not individuals..that produce the inequity.

You should ask Alana on what basis we are a "divided society" and you would learn it is the color of our skin. Ask her if "whiteness" "white privilege" or "white supremacy" has anything to do with color of skin. Ask her if the division between the "oppressor" and the "oppressed" is based upon anything other than skin color.
You are talking about two different things.
The inequity is largely due to racism in the institutions..laws ..policies etc. That what crt examines.
The division? That's different. That's based on how individuals feel about that inequity. Do they be even it happens .do they think it's right..etc.
That divisiveness by the way does not fall along racial lines. As probably most white people believe the same as the black people.

Differences between the races. Do you think the NBA and NFL are majority black because of discrimination against whites?
i believe that is the result of cultural preference
much like whites predominate in hockey
and i believe my hypothesis is supported by the graph found within this cite:
notice the continued rise in participation in MLB by latinX players while that of black players has crested
observe that more minorities are found in the PGA now that golf courses are more accessible to them
Do you think Asians outperform whites on standardized testing because of discrimination against whites?
again, a cultural preference. asians, like jews, and other cultures emphasize the role of education as a basis for success more than many other cultures ... such as the poor, southern redneck, where getting a GED is found to be 'puttin' on airs'
additionally, there are many parts of asia in which educational attainment is valued about as much as by those rednecks

You are talking about two different things.

Nope. We are both talking about the color of ones skin. Your absurd claim that -

"The color of one's skin has absolutely nothing to do with critical race theory".

Under CRT people with white skin are characterized by their "whiteness". Benefit from their 'white privilege" because of the color of their skin. CRT IS ALL ABOUT THE COLOR OF ONES SKIN.

I wanted to make sure that I wasn't misreading you when you started hollering bigoted crap.

Facts are not bigoted. Blacks also commit 52% of the murders and 54% of the robberies.

Back
Top Bottom