• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Accuses Cori Bush of 'Racism' Over July 4 Tweet

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Wouldn't it be nice if MTGreene just left stuff alone - allowed people to express their feelings without getting up in their faces about it?? I adore her mention of "a tyrannical government". :unsure:

1625502244701.png
"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they're referring to is for white people. This land is stolen land and Black people still aren't free," wrote the Democratic lawmaker.

Greene, a high-profile Republican who has publicly supported former President Donald Trump, responded to Bush's original tweet about July 4, writing: "Says a black woman, who is one of only 435 people in all of America currently elected to serve in Congress.

"You can stop with the racism now Cori and put your race card back in your pocket. 4th of July is freedom for all from a tyrannical government. Happy Independence Day!"

This is going to be a shocker. I actually agree with something Greene has said.

imo, Cori is playing the "race" card. Yes, Indians lost much of their lands to other people in what became the USA. Bush would have to explain more on what she means that "Black people still aren't free". Seems she has done well. I know others who have done well. It takes more than "whites" to end racism.

Wouldn't it be nice if MTGreene just left stuff alone - allowed people to express their feelings without getting up in their faces about it?? I adore her mention of "a tyrannical government". :unsure:

View attachment 67341341
"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they're referring to is for white people. This land is stolen land and Black people still aren't free," wrote the Democratic lawmaker.

Greene, a high-profile Republican who has publicly supported former President Donald Trump, responded to Bush's original tweet about July 4, writing: "Says a black woman, who is one of only 435 people in all of America currently elected to serve in Congress.

"You can stop with the racism now Cori and put your race card back in your pocket. 4th of July is freedom for all from a tyrannical government. Happy Independence Day!"
She just does this in order for the media to publish it - she can then claim, "look how I'm being attacked" and fund raise off of it. She's done it multiple times. The media just needs to learn to ignore her.

In fairness to Rep. Bush, the same people who affixed their name to the Declaration of Independence also considered black people slaves and 3/5 of a person.

However, to the overall point of Independence Day, I wish that at least for one day, we can not judge the actions and beliefs of a society 250 years removed from our own but appreciate the incredible courage it took to declare their freedom from the most powerful empire on Earth. We can both understand that the beliefs and actions of the 18th century were abhorrent to black people, but also celebrate our defining national holiday

View attachment 67341341

She's so brave.

View attachment 67341341

MGT is the perfect mascot to represent our American Nazis.

Amazing. Greene actually went after somebody besides AOC for a change.

Anyway, Greene represents people who believe that anti-racism is anti-white.

In other words:

"shut up you uppity black woman, we don't want to hear your views on anything, only the views of white women like myself should be expressed publicly."

View attachment 67341341

Maybe MTG has never read the Dred Scott decision where the Supreme Court openly declared that the United States was a White country revoking citizenship from black people and destroying every compromise made to slow southern racial supremacy ideology, so Bush has got a point.

IMO, the proper thing to do would be to have a two week celebration that starts with Juneteenth and finishes on July 4th. Pair up ending slavery with the Declaration of Independence. AND NOT act disrespectful to Juneteenth as some “other people’s” holiday.

This is going to be a shocker. I actually agree with something Greene has said.

imo, Cori is playing the "race" card. Yes, Indians lost much of their lands to other people in what became the USA. Bush would have to explain more on what she means that "Black people still aren't free". Seems she has done well. I know others who have done well. It takes more than "whites" to end racism.
Much of their land? Yeah, I guess over 99% qualifies as much.

You do understand that if America had lost the Revolutionary War, black people in America would have been free 32 years earlier, would not have suffered through the failure of reconstruction, the tyranny of Jim Crow or the outright crime of mass incarceration?

You do understand that if America had lost the Revolutionary War, black people in America would have been free 32 years earlier, would not have suffered through the failure of reconstruction, the tyranny of Jim Crow or the outright crime of mass incarceration?

What does your post have to do with Bush saying "Black people still aren't free".? Wasn't she referring to today?

I tend to look at history based on what social norms were at the times not what they are today. Can I say slavery is wrong, yes. Can I say I can understand why people had slaves back 200+ years ago, yes.

One cannot change what has happened in the past. We can build on what was experienced for a better future. imo, one is not responsible today for events 200 years ago. I judge people on how they treat me and others. I don't care what race, gender or religion.

What does your post have to do with Bush saying "Black people still aren't free".? Wasn't she referring to today?

I tend to look at history based on what social norms were at the times not what they are today. Can I say slavery is wrong, yes. Can I say I can understand why people had slaves back 200+ years ago, yes.

One cannot change what has happened in the past. We can build on what was experienced for a better future. imo, one is not responsible today for events 200 years ago. I judge people on how they treat me and others. I don't care what race, gender or religion.

Help me understand why Americans owned slaves 200 years ago.

Except, of course, for the fact that there’s no guarantee that the English would have actually gone through with emancipation that early if they had additional plantations to profit off of.

The fantasy that African Americans wouldn’t have been discriminated against if the English won the war is downright hilarious given England’s actions in its African and Indian colonies.

You do understand that the British Empire was not some benign, enlightened entity?

In fairness to Rep. Bush, the same people who affixed their name to the Declaration of Independence also considered black people slaves and 3/5 of a person.

However, to the overall point of Independence Day, I wish that at least for one day, we can not judge the actions and beliefs of a society 250 years removed from our own but appreciate the incredible courage it took to declare their freedom from the most powerful empire on Earth. We can both understand that the beliefs and actions of the 18th century were abhorrent to black people, but also celebrate our defining national holiday
Some people just don't want to take at least 1 fracking day off from tossing out divisive rhetoric.

It seems many of these threads as such are posted for the sole sake of "contention promotions".... to drum up drama for the drama seekers.

View attachment 67341341

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MTG accusing someone of racism? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Slavery was replaced by Jim Crow, which was replaced by the war on drugs. African-Americans have never been free.

Note: A good-faith interpretation of the last sentence understands that I am talking about the group, not particular individuals.

My post has to do with what you said.
Whether or not you are responsible for the actions of 200 years ago is simplistic. Do you benefit from those actions and the continuing repercussions they create? If so, I'd say you are still partially responsible for actions taken long in the past.

Except, of course, for the fact that there’s no guarantee that the English would have actually gone through with emancipation that early if they had additional plantations to profit off of.

The fantasy that African Americans wouldn’t have been discriminated against if the English won the war is downright hilarious given England’s actions in its African and Indian colonies.

You do understand that the British Empire was not some benign, enlightened entity?
England banned slavery in 1807, and banned it throughout the empire in 1833. They had plantations around the world. Let's not measure the 'benign' aspect of the British to regular people, let's compare it to the slave owners of the American south.

Missouri Congresswoman Cori Bush was being inflammatory and argumentative, intentionally being disingenuous to make a political point that the far left will rally behind and champion.

Enter stage right Marjorie Taylor Greene being a complete dipshit of the highest order that the far right will rally behind and champion.

... and people around here wonder why the largest political affiliation in this nation are those not affiliated with either of these parties.

Apparently, she was riding high after her tremendous Fourth of July parade turnout. :ROFLMAO:

I was thrilled to be able to see all of her relatives in those pictures. 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦

Back
Top Bottom