• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort team files response under seal to allegations that he lied to investigators

"We think the Trump campaign might have been in contact with Russians and getting assistance form them during the election"

"OMG, yall are dreaming this up! It's all fake news! Yall would be mad if he used russian dressing LOL!"

"Well, here is evidence that they had numerous meetings and lied about them, as well as sharing polling data and back channel communications, and were lying about business dealings in Russia during the campaign"

"Collusion isn't a crime!"

Clinton definitely got assistance from the Russian government.

"But...but...that's differeeeeeeeeent!!!"

Ask manafort. He's the one that allegedly lied about it.

There's nothing wrong with me lying about being with my friends at a bar on thursday night, but if my wife went missing thursday night and they'd found out I lied to them when telling them I was at the bar on thursday night I'm pretty sure they'd find that interesting and look into it.

That was dark man...

This is called another nutty thread. But it's in good company because there are many of them!!
Right now it's a nothing story!!

Nope, it's called another brick in the jail cell that's slowly surrounding Trump.

He is still in solitary, so he is under pressure to write the words that match the tune. IMO, any testimony he offers is even more suspect than a Russian witness.

That is not the way it works. Lying to the FBI is only digging a deeper, deeper hole. Just about anything Manafort can tell the FBI, they already know. If he hasn't learned that by now he is dumber than a pile of bricks.

Witnesses in this kind of investigation are used to help investigators understand what they are looking at, understand where they need to look and, to the extent story confirm one another, add glue to the overall story. A single witness in a complex investigation such as this is extraneous.

The net-net is that you can rest assured that he is most likely telling the truth at this point.

Only if it's material. Since "collusion" isn't a crime, it's immaterial.

...actually, it is.... it just has a different name - its called conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Last edited:
I've said from the beginning that it appeared the trolls were using up to date polling information to target their messaging.

And that that would be proof of collusion (conspiracy) if they could prove that was done.

So the plot thickens.

Yeah I remember when Manafort was doing this and people were debating on whether or not he was actually telling the truth not on here obviously most of the forum members don't look too closely at these cases, but there are those on twitter who do. They pointed out that either Manfort had really bad lawyers or he was lying. Turns out it's both!

Nope, it's called another brick in the jail cell that's slowly surrounding Trump.

Yes, I am more and more in agreement with Trump..... It is increasingly clear that we do have a national emergency that needs to be dealt with immediately..... We do need a wall. A very high, magnificent wall and we can even put Trump's name on it.....

....but that wall is not to keep the brown people out. Its to contain the orange one....

Just kidding here, as I am not in favor of locking him up. I think a shameful exit from the White House with his legacy (and those that voted for him) tarnished in American history will suffice.

Last edited:
That is not the way it works. Lying to the FBI is only digging a deeper, deeper hole. Just about anything Manafort can tell the FBI, they already know. If he hasn't learned that by now he is dumber than a pile of bricks.

Witnesses in this kind of investigation are used to help investigators understand what they are looking at, understand where they need to look and, to the extent story confirm one another, add glue to the overall story. A single witness in a complex investigation such as this is extraneous.

The net-net is that you can rest assured that he is most likely telling the truth at this point.

...actually, it is.... it just has a different name - its called conspiracy to defraud the United States.

How is sharing polling data "defrauding The United States"?

Yes, I am more and more in agreement with Trump..... It is increasingly clear that we do have a national emergency that needs to be dealt with immediately..... We do need a wall. A very high, magnificent wall and we can even put Trump's name on it.....

....but that wall is not to keep the brown people out. Its to contain the orange one....

Just kidding here, as I am not in favor of locking him up. I think a shameful exit from the White House with his legacy (and those that voted for him) tarnished in American history will suffice.

Then the Southern District of NY will arrest him.

I am just loving all this near certainty about what Mueller does and does not have.

People, this is an ongoing investigation. We have had multiple indictments and convictions ….and possibly more to come. I will not even pretend to know what he has or does not have. Hell, his investigation could leave Trump and family squeaky clean. Doubt it, but it could.

How does sharing polling data "defraud The United States government"?

You wouldn't understand, and you would deny it if you did.

Waste of time replying to you.

You wouldn't understand, and you would deny it if you did.

Waste of time replying to you.

IOW, you aren't knowledgable enough to answer the question, or you're admitting the answer is "it doesn't".

Finally, after 2+ years, y'all mustered an actual crime but are unable to show evidence that qualifies as to the commission of that crime.

How does sharing polling data "defraud The United States government"?

I never said it did. I don’t know what mueller has found and hasn’t found. But you are claiming collusion is not a crime. That’s a moot point. Collusion actually is a crime, under a different name, which was what I was responding to. I can’t tell you if mueller has found evidence of this crime and neither can you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is sharing polling data "defrauding The United States"?

It isn't defrauding the government in and of itself, but in the larger context of working with Russia to unduly influence the US election, it is evidence of collusion. This was confidential information that appears to have been passed to persons that should not have been privy to such (they had no business having it).

Collusion with a foreign entity with the INTENT to effect the outcome of the US election would be Conspiracy to Defraud the United States. This is just a tidbit of now public information to suggest that may have happened. Not the whole story, but an interesting tale.

Last edited:
He is still in solitary, so he is under pressure to write the words that match the tune. IMO, any testimony he offers is even more suspect than a Russian witness.

LOL! He is in federal prison. Which would be like a vacation resort compared to the kind of digs they have for prisoners in Russia.

IOW, you aren't knowledgable enough to answer the question, or you're admitting the answer is "it doesn't".

Finally, after 2+ years, y'all mustered an actual crime but are unable to show evidence that qualifies as to the commission of that crime.

Why would we have evidence? Prosecutors don’t release evidence to anyone outside of the investigative team or the judges and others on the case. So if there were any evidence , and that’s a huge IF, that would be kept under wraps for the duration of the investigation until it concludes or until the investigators release a report detailing what they’ve found. So even if there were a crime or evidence of it, no one would know about it until mueller was ready to reveal it. In the form of an unsealed indictment or other. You do know that’s how federal investigations work, don’t you? Do you actually expect regular joe citizens like you and I would be privy to the evidence? Because that’s what it sounds like. You are insinuating because “we are unable to show evidence” there is nothing of significance. Again, why would we have evidence? We’re not investigating. The truth is, we just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The topic isn't "collusion with Russia"?

It's not about fake collusion between Hillary and Russia. It's about Manafort and the trump campaign and real, actual russian collusion.

Surprise me by not sidestepping?

Back
Top Bottom