• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Who Fired First Shots Behind Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha Has Been Charged

The OPer for this thread has already posted a link showing what the law for open carry is in WI and as a minor, Rittenhouse broke it by just having the weapon not to mention illegally bringing it across state lines and killing two men with it then fleeing from justice.

After the fact claims like that are a dime-a-dozen with you people and are properly dismissed as the backfilling they are.
I am the OP of this thread.

I don't think that's true. Maybe I'm just not so jaded, but if right wingers chased down and assaulted a black 17 year old, then when he attempted to defend himself with his own firearm but failed, I think the right wingers would be charged, being the aggressors.
That's not being jaded. It's the opposite. It's being ridiculously naïve. Also, dishonest.

I am the OP of this thread.
My mistake. The link to a fact check about WI gun laws was in Lursa's comment #201 in this thread. Do you need me to link it? There's also a link to a different source at #230 citing the crimes Rittenhouse committed starting with his first crossing the WI state line.

Last edited:
My mistake. The link to a fact check about WI gun laws was in Lursa's comment #201 in this thread. Do you need me to link it?
I've read it. I think the assessment is incorrect, based on the letter of the law, which I have explained in great detail in the main thread.

I've read it. I think the assessment is incorrect, based on the letter of the law, which I have explained in great detail in the main thread.
Oh, so now you're playing lawyer. All we have to do with you people in a thread like this is to give you enough rope and you'll hang yourself with your own dishonesty and desperation--not to mention your political extremism.

Oh, so now you're playing lawyer. All we have to do with you people in a thread like this is to give you enough rope and you'll hang yourself with your own dishonesty.
You don't have to be a lawyer to read and understand the law as it is written. How would we expect anyone to know what the law is? No, it's my layman's opinion. An argument from authority isn't going to change that.

The OPer for this thread has already posted a link showing what the law for open carry is in WI and as a minor, Rittenhouse broke it by just having the weapon not to mention illegally bringing it across state lines and killing two men with it then fleeing from justice. An innocent person who really felt his life in danger would have turned himself into the police that he walked by so nonchalantly as he made his escaped.

After the fact claims like that are a dime-a-dozen with you people and are properly dismissed as the backfilling they are.

Rittenhouse didn't transport the firearm across state lines (this is a myth), and he has been cleared in Illinois. This has been clarified by both Rittenhouse's legal team and the friend that purchased the weapon. Rittenhouse didn't even own the weapon -- his friend purchased the weapon (as a straw purchase) Rittenhouse used with the intention of transferring it once Rittenhouse turned 18.

Rittenhouse didn't transport the firearm across state lines (this is a myth), and he has been cleared in Illinois.
I guess technically, you're right. It was the mother's doing so she's going to have her own legal problems. But as soon as the boy got out of the car and put the weapon over his shoulder he committed a crime under WI law. [/quote]

This has been clarified by both Rittenhouse's legal team and the friend that purchased the weapon. Rittenhouse didn't even own the weapon -- his friend purchased the weapon (as a straw purchase) Rittenhouse used with the intention of transferring it once Rittenhouse turned 18.
How many people do you plan to implicate in this? In any case, nothing in that paragraph gets Rittenhouse off. The only thing that might save him from a long jail term would be his age.

I guess technically, you're right. It was the mother's doing so she's going to have her own legal problems. But as soon as the boy got out of the car and put the weapon over his shoulder he committed a crime under WI law.

How many people do you plan to implicate in this? In any case, nothing in that paragraph gets Rittenhouse off. The only thing that might save him from a long jail term would be his age.
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you don't even know the fundamentals of the case.....

I guess technically, you're right. It was the mother's doing so she's going to have her own legal problems. But as soon as the boy got out of the car and put the weapon over his shoulder he committed a crime under WI law.

A Class A Misdemeanor for possessing a firearm. The weapon didn't cross state lines, so what would his mother have to do with it? Rittenhouse was in Kenosha earlier in the day as a lifeguard and for community service to remove graffiti.

A Class A misdemeanor is not going to carry a long jail term, and I'll be patient for the court to adjudicate a decision on the other felony charges.

Not just "not his place." Every step he and his mother took to get him there with a weapon he was not legally entitled to carry in WI and then flee back to IL was a crime, not counting the two killings he chalked up.

The claims his mother took him there have seemed to been bs. At best she may have dropped him at the school or maybe Black's house. But regardless Rittenhouse never crossed the state line with the weapon in his possession. It was kept in Wisconsin at the residence of Black's step dad. Rittenhouse and Black retrieved it (and Black's weapon) before going to Kenosha. And Black is charged with supplying the weapon to someone under 18.

[/QUOTE]

You should really do some fact checking. Dominic Black has already admitted to buying the weapon. His step father also admitted the weapon was kept at his house is Wisconsin. Illinois declined to charge Rittenhouse on the weapon because the only time it crossed state lines was from Wisconsin into Illinois while in the trunk of Black's car when he drove Rittenhouse home after the shooting. That's where police retrieved it.

You should really do some fact checking. Dominic Black has already admitted to buying the weapon. His step father also admitted the weapon was kept at his house is Wisconsin. Illinois declined to charge Rittenhouse on the weapon because the only time it crossed state lines was from Wisconsin into Illinois while in the trunk of Black's car when he drove Rittenhouse home after the shooting. That's where police retrieved it.
[/QUOTE]
OK, maybe that just gets the mother off the hook but doesn't help the murdering kid at all.

The claims his mother took him there have seemed to been bs. At best she may have dropped him at the school or maybe Black's house. But regardless Rittenhouse never crossed the state line with the weapon in his possession. It was kept in Wisconsin at the residence of Black's step dad. Rittenhouse and Black retrieved it (and Black's weapon) before going to Kenosha. And Black is charged with supplying the weapon to someone under 18.
If it was to Black's house it means she drove he soon to be murderer son across the border. Is she now claiming she knew nothing about the weapon? Even after it ended up back in IL when the murderer fled?

OK, maybe that just gets the mother off the hook but doesn't help the murdering kid at all.

No it doesn't change that Rittenhouse is still being charged with being in possession of the weapon. While it's the least of his worries considering the other charges, it's a big worry for Black. And I think them charging Black what, two months later? I'd say they're still looking at Rittenhouse having illegal possession of the weapon.

A Class A Misdemeanor for possessing a firearm. The weapon didn't cross state lines, so what would his mother have to do with it? Rittenhouse was in Kenosha earlier in the day as a lifeguard and for community service to remove graffiti.
It did when it was taken back to IL and was the weapon used in a two murders.

A Class A misdemeanor is not going to carry a long jail term, and I'll be patient for the court to adjudicate a decision on the other felony charges.
If only that was his crime. Since he decided to kill people with it he's charged with:
Rittenhouse is charged with first-degree intentional homicide,* first-degree reckless homicide, attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other charges after fatally shooting two men and injuring a third during a protest on Aug. 25 over the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
* could result in a life sentence, but the criminal's a white kid who'll get million dollar lawyers from some rich rightwing scum

If it was to Black's house it means she drove he soon to be murderer son across the border. Is she now claiming she knew nothing about the weapon? Even after it ended up back in IL when the murderer fled?

The claims I've seen from her is that she wasn't aware of where he was or what he was doing that night, and that he shouldn't have been there. And I'm not saying it's a fact she drove him into Wisconsin, it could be just as easy that Black went and picked him up that afternoon. But if he said hey mom I'm gonna go clean graffiti at bla bla school can you drop me off and Dominic will bring me home, then I'm not seeing any guilt on her part.

As far as he knowledge of the weapon? Black says after he bought the weapon he was under the impression that Wendy Rittenhouse was going to apply for a FOID so the gun could then be kept at the Rittenhouse apt. Now whether she had actually said that, or maybe it was just another one of Kyle's lies (like being 18 and a certified emt) and she didn't know the weapon existed, who knows? Or maybe she knew about it but had no idea that Rittenhouse and Black would arm up and go to Kenosha that night.

The claims I've seen from her is that she wasn't aware of where he was or what he was doing that night, and that he shouldn't have been there. And I'm not saying it's a fact she drove him into Wisconsin, it could be just as easy that Black went and picked him up that afternoon. But if he said hey mom I'm gonna go clean graffiti at bla bla school can you drop me off and Dominic will bring me home, then I'm not seeing any guilt on her part.

As far as he knowledge of the weapon? Black says after he bought the weapon he was under the impression that Wendy Rittenhouse was going to apply for a FOID so the gun could then be kept at the Rittenhouse apt. Now whether she had actually said that, or maybe it was just another one of Kyle's lies (like being 18 and a certified emt) and she didn't know the weapon existed, who knows? Or maybe she knew about it but had no idea that Rittenhouse and Black would arm up and go to Kenosha that night.
One thing is clear....at least several people are (or at least seem to be) lying.

It did when it was taken back to IL and was the weapon used in a two murders.

Has the trial already been adjudicated or are you presuming guilt before innocence? On another note, the gun never left Wisconsin and the state of Illinois has already cleared him -- no charges. Please stop with the myths and "what ifs" ..

The white teenager accused of fatally shooting two demonstrators and injuring a third in Wisconsin in August will not be charged with gun crimes in his home state, an Illinois state prosecutor announced.

Link here

If only that was his crime. Since he decided to kill people with it he's charged with:

* could result in a life sentence, but the criminal's a white kid who'll get million dollar lawyers from some rich rightwing scum

So now this is a racial thing? He'll get off because he's white and not because it was adjudicated as self-defense?

Last edited:
The way I see it playing out is Kyle Rittenhouse will most likely end up a rich man, with book contracts and defamation lawsuits against news outlets, the Biden administration and other channels that accused him of being a white supremist and demeaning misinformation.

In my opinion, based on my research, the firearm Kyle allegedly used to shoot people, almost certainly crossed a state line between Wisconsin and Illinois. If you admire accuracy in posting, I suggest you refer to posts in this thread made by @SkyFox76.

I believe:

1. 17-years-old Kyle Rittenhouse shot three people with a firearm in Kenosha, WI. Two of those people died.
2. Kyle acquired the firearm through his 19-years-old friend Dominick Black.
3. Dominick bought the firearm for Kyle in Ladysmith, WI.
4. Police found the firearm in the trunk of Dominick's car in Antioch, IL.

Black said he had purchased the gun in his name at a hardware store in northern Wisconsin, but Rittenhouse paid for it. At age 17, Rittenhouse could not legally purchase the firearm on his own.

According to Antioch police reports, Black's stepfather said Black bought the gun for Rittenhouse in Ladysmith, Wisconsin, using Rittenhouse's money but put the gun in his own name.

Rittenhouse also told police that the firearm he used was in the trunk of his friend’s car, parked at the Rittenhouse’s family apartment in Antioch.

In my opinion, based on my research, the firearm Kyle allegedly used to shoot people, almost certainly crossed a state line between Wisconsin and Illinois. If you admire accuracy in posting, I suggest you refer to posts in this thread made by @SkyFox76.

I believe:

1. 17-years-old Kyle Rittenhouse shot three people with a firearm in Kenosha, WI. Two of those people died.

Yes it definitely crossed the state lines.

I believe:

[Removed for brevity]

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom