• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Who Fired First Shots Behind Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha Has Been Charged

Sure looks that way.

Even if it isn't, it is irrelevant to his self defense.

I'd say it's relevant. It's not his place to come loaded with an illegal firearm to a place he doesn't live to keep the 'peace'.

Why was the first victim chasing him?
He was trying to make a citizen arrest and became Rittenhouse's second murder victim. Rightwingers are always hailing the citizen hero trying to prevent a criminal from escaping but, of course, when it's one of your criminals we're not surprised that you'd need to flip the script.

Seeing Gateway Pundit as the source for this automatically prompts the search in the article for the inevitable BS and sure enough:

If you fascists think this is going to get Rittenhouse off you're even more out of touch with reality than we thought.
I'm not a fan of the source, but at the time I posted the thread they were the only ones who'd broken the story. I'd have used CNN or WAPO or NYT or anyone else if they'd had the story.

I'd say it's relevant. It's not his place to come loaded with an illegal firearm to a place he doesn't live to keep the 'peace'.

He isn't charged with "stepping out of his place" so that's OK if you feel that way, but in the legal case, it won't affect his claim of self defense.

He isn't charged with "stepping out of his place" so that's OK if you feel that way, but in the legal case, it won't affect his claim of self defense.

You didn't address the elements of my post.

Not just "not his place." Every step he and his mother took to get him there with a weapon he was not legally entitled to carry in WI and then flee back to IL was a crime, not counting the two killings he chalked up.

Just a guess: because he was brandishing an AR-15.
No pictures of this, no videos of this, no witnesses under oath testifying to this, and "brandishing" a gun does not give random people the right to assault you. If he was actually pointing it at someone and that's what caused Rosenbaum to start chasing him (again, not in the video), why he was doing that is just as relevant. It might have been justified, you have no idea

Not just "not his place." Every step he and his mother took to get him there with a weapon he was not legally entitled to carry in WI and then flee back to IL was a crime, not counting the two killings he chalked up.
Lotta crimes, I'm sure he'll get life. 🙄

No pictures of this, no videos of this, no witnesses under oath testifying to this, and "brandishing" a gun does not give random people the right to assault you. If he was actually pointing it at someone and that's what caused Rosenbaum to start chasing him (again, not in the video), why he was doing that is just as relevant. It might have been justified, you have no idea

If you commit a crime, and in the process of committing that crime you are assaulted, I don't think you can claim self-defense. I'm not a lawyer though.

I'm not a fan of the source, but at the time I posted the thread they were the only ones who'd broken the story. I'd have used CNN or WAPO or NYT or anyone else if they'd had the story.
And, yet you chose a rightwing puke funnel outlet who used this charge to pretend that is somehow let's murderer Rittenhouse off the hook. Doesn't pass any kind of smell test.

If you commit a crime, and in the process of committing that crime you are assaulted, I don't think you can claim self-defense. I'm not a lawyer though.
Except there was no crime. None has been established. You just talk like it has to justify the assault on KR.

And, yet you chose a rightwing puke funnel outlet who used this charge to pretend that is somehow let's murderer Rittenhouse off the hook. Doesn't pass any kind of smell test.
Ok. If it makes you feel any better, I think this is the only time I've cited it in almost 2000 posts. I've cited dozens of sites, mostly mainstream left leaning. So sniff that.

Lotta crimes, I'm sure he'll get life. 🙄
He probably should but won't so tamp down the over-reacting. First of all, he's white. But with a double homicide at just 17 his criminal career is off to a running start. I have no doubt we've not heard the last of Rittenhouse's eventual rap sheet.

Except there was no crime. None has been established. You just talk like it has to justify the assault on KR.
Proving only and once again that you people can lie to yourselves more than to everyone else.

Ok. If it makes you feel any better, I think this is the only time I've cited it in almost 2000 posts. I've cited dozens of sites, mostly mainstream left leaning. So sniff that.
That just makes you look even worse. Stop digging (or keep on if you really still want to keep burying yourself).

That just makes you look even worse. Stop digging (or keep on if you really still want to keep burying yourself).
That doesn't even make any sense. Take off your partisan goggles, they're blinding you to reason.

Except there was no crime. None has been established.

We know that Kyle committed a crime. He wasn't allowed to have that gun.

You just talk like it has to justify the assault on KR.

If a black kid took an illegal firearm to a right-wing rally to 'keep the peace' and was KILLED by the right-wingers (rather than killing them in 'self-defense'), the exact same people defending Kyle would defend the right-wingers.

We know that Kyle committed a crime. He wasn't allowed to have that gun.

If a black kid took an illegal firearm to a right-wing rally to 'keep the peace' and was KILLED by the right-wingers (rather than killing them in 'self-defense'), the exact same people defending Kyle would defend the right-wingers.
We don't know he wasn't allowed to have the gun, in WI.

In your black kid scenario, assuming all factors are equal, I would also be defending him, like I've been defending Ahmaud Arbery.

Should be easy to find out, right?

In your black kid scenario, assuming all factors are equal, I would also be defending him, like I've been defending Ahmaud Arbery.

The facts would not be equal. The black kid would be dead. The people who attacked and killed the black kid (the right-wingers) would be able to claim self-defense because they felt threatened. And I guarantee the right-wingers wouldn't be charged, much less convicted.

The OPer for this thread has already posted a link showing what the law for open carry is in WI and as a minor, Rittenhouse broke it by just having the weapon not to mention illegally bringing it across state lines and killing two men with it then fleeing from justice. An innocent person who really felt his life in danger would have turned himself into the police that he walked by so nonchalantly as he made his escaped.

After the fact claims like that are a dime-a-dozen with you people and are properly dismissed as the backfilling they are.[/QUOTE]

Should be easy to find out, right?

The facts would not be equal. The black kid would be dead. The people who attacked and killed the black kid (the right-wingers) would be able to claim self-defense because they felt threatened. And I guarantee the right-wingers wouldn't be charged, much less convicted.
I don't think that's true. Maybe I'm just not so jaded, but if right wingers chased down and assaulted a black 17 year old, then when he attempted to defend himself with his own firearm but failed, I think the right wingers would be charged, being the aggressors.

On a good note, did you hear the first DA that sandbagged the Arbery case was voted out? That's a step in the right direction, although she should probably be facing obstruction charges.

You keep saying it and proving you are confused, who are "you people?"

Back
Top Bottom