• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man up Mr. Weeper of the House

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
During the recent election we heard many a female Republican candidate demanding that their opponent MAN UP. Perhaps we should not put that phrase to bed just yet. The next Speaker of the House, the Tanman from Ohio, the man who insists that when two vowels go walking the first one does NOT do the talking, John Boehner.

John Boehner Crying: A Complete Guide: Pics, Videos, Links, News

I wish the esteemed Representative from Oompa Loompa Land well in his crusade against the American Dream.

This guy gets off scott free? A crybaby? A fake crybaby? So much for leadership.

Yes if Obama cried during a speech about healthcare or bringing the "change" I'm sure he would receive applause and seen as a caring man. I was touched by his speech and I feel he will make a good Speaker of the House.

Yes if Obama cried during a speech about healthcare or bringing the "change" I'm sure he would receive applause and seen as a caring man. I was touched by his speech and I feel he will make a good Speaker of the House.

Like we wouldnt think he was acting?

The bitterness of those who just lost is amusing

What bitterness is being conveyed? You think leaders cry in ****ing north korea or russia? What a ****ing joke.

Ad hominem, the debate strategy of champions!

Pelosi is still the Crypt Keeper of the House.

During the recent election we heard many a female Republican candidate demanding that their opponent MAN UP. Perhaps we should not put that phrase to bed just yet. The next Speaker of the House, the Tanman from Ohio, the man who insists that when two vowels go walking the first one does NOT do the talking, John Boehner.

John Boehner Crying: A Complete Guide: Pics, Videos, Links, News

If I could be serious a moment...

I would like you to do me a favor. I want you to read a question I am going to ask, and the added commentary, I want you to think about, and then answer honestly.

What is the point of your creating this thread? There is nothing to debate here. Boehner did cry. This looks like nothing but making fun of a guy because he got overly emotional about something. It's not debate, it's not important, it's just trying to bait people with something that, while silly, is really nothing at all. I admit it, I chuckled at him when he was crying, but I kept it to myself.

Now, if your thread is here to do nothing than bait those on the right, do you think you are helping us on the left with it? You in fact are not. You make the rest of us look bad when you do things like this. Do others do this? Of course. But the difference is, when the right does it(and they do, oh so often), it does not bother me, since the left looks better by comparison. When those on the left do it, or people do it attacking some one on the right, it makes me and my fellow liberals look bad. The only good news is it makes the person posting it look a little worse.

We have a problem in this country with reasonable, civil debate. Basically, it does not happen much. It hurts us as a country. If our politicians could sit down and just talk out issues until they arrived at something that works for all of them, maybe we would not be in such a big mess. Threads like this reinforce the combative nature of politics that exists today. We need to expect better from our politicians, but cannot really until we do better ourselves.

You know Redress, I think you are right. I cannot argue with you. Its a reaction to all the crap I see from the other side that seems to be just fine and dandy and gets lots of thanks from others.

If I could be serious a moment...

I would like you to do me a favor. I want you to read a question I am going to ask, and the added commentary, I want you to think about, and then answer honestly.

What is the point of your creating this thread? There is nothing to debate here. Boehner did cry. This looks like nothing but making fun of a guy because he got overly emotional about something. It's not debate, it's not important, it's just trying to bait people with something that, while silly, is really nothing at all. I admit it, I chuckled at him when he was crying, but I kept it to myself.

Now, if your thread is here to do nothing than bait those on the right, do you think you are helping us on the left with it? You in fact are not. You make the rest of us look bad when you do things like this. Do others do this? Of course. But the difference is, when the right does it(and they do, oh so often), it does not bother me, since the left looks better by comparison. When those on the left do it, or people do it attacking some one on the right, it makes me and my fellow liberals look bad. The only good news is it makes the person posting it look a little worse.

We have a problem in this country with reasonable, civil debate. Basically, it does not happen much. It hurts us as a country. If our politicians could sit down and just talk out issues until they arrived at something that works for all of them, maybe we would not be in such a big mess. Threads like this reinforce the combative nature of politics that exists today. We need to expect better from our politicians, but cannot really until we do better ourselves.

comments such as these are why this place has hope

terrell_owens_crying-210x300.jpg

That's my Speaker man....

Back
Top Bottom