• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man under investigation in fatal shooting of right-wing demonstrator in Portland

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Michael Forest Reinoehl, the 48-year-old man under investigation in the fatal shooting Saturday night of a right-wing demonstrator in downtown Portland, attended a Black Lives Matter protest the night before outside the mayor’s home.

Reinoehl brought his daughter, who was carrying a baseball bat, according to photos by an Oregonian/OregonLive photographer and others present Friday night at Mayor Ted Wheeler’s condominium building.

Reinoehl calls himself an anti-fascist and wrote in mid-June on his Instagram page, “I am 100 % ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters!” He said in a Bloomberg news video interview this summer that he has provided security for other protesters. The video, posted online July 27, showed Reinoehl standing across the street from the Justice Center, and his daughter stepping out of a car parked nearby. “I have my daughter here with me because I’m trying to give her an education,” he said on the video.

He’s posted videos and photos of demonstrations that he’s attended in Portland since late June, accompanied by the hashtags #blacklivesmatter, #anewnation and #breonnataylor.

Reinoehl also was accused of carrying a loaded gun at an earlier protest in Portland. He was cited around 2 a.m. on July 5, accused of illegally possessing a loaded gun in a public place, resisting arrest and interfering with police in the 700 block of Southwest Main Street. The allegations were dropped on July 30, and he spent no time in custody.

Man under investigation in fatal shooting of right-wing demonstrator in Portland was outside mayor’s condo night before with daughter - oregonlive.com

I for one do not support vigilante justice. Unlike President Trump and his flock of sheep who supported the actions of Kyle Rittenhouse:

the teen identified as Rittenhouse and several other young males are shown watching two females (ages unknown) argue. One of the females, wearing a white tank top and short shorts, says that another female, wearing slippers and sweatpants, touched her.

Moments later, the argument escalates as the teen identified as Rittenhouse and another male begin exchanging words with the female in sweatpants. Seconds after that, the female in sweatpants starts scuffling with a third female.

WATCH NOW: Videos reportedly show Kyle Rittenhouse involved in fight, punching female last month in Kenosha | Crime and Courts | journaltimes.com

I condemn the actions of Michael Forest Reinoehl, if he indeed kill the Trump supporter. Why can't people do the same for Rittenhouse, this punk murderer punching a young girl back in July?

I condemn the actions of Michael Forest Reinoehl, if he indeed kill the Trump supporter. Why can't people do the same for Rittenhouse, this punk murderer punching a young girl back in July?

The difference is apparently hard for you to see/understand.

The video evidence of the individual who shot the "Trump supporter" shows it was cold-blooded murder. After identifying a "Trumper," he walked up and simply shot him.

The video evidence (so far) of Mr. Rittenhouse's actions show it was all done in self-defense. From start to finish he was the one being attacked by "protester" after "protester."

Last edited:
Man under investigation in fatal shooting of right-wing demonstrator in Portland was outside mayor’s condo night before with daughter - oregonlive.com

I for one do not support vigilante justice. Unlike President Trump and his flock of sheep who supported the actions of Kyle Rittenhouse:

WATCH NOW: Videos reportedly show Kyle Rittenhouse involved in fight, punching female last month in Kenosha | Crime and Courts | journaltimes.com

How exactly does this have anything what so ever to do with the shooting?

The fact is, it doesn't. There isn't one witness, or one piece of video footage that depicts Kyle as the aggressor the other night. Every piece of evidence that's available makes it clear he was acting in self defense, and nothing in that video you linked to in any way changes that.

If there wasn't so many videos of the shootings, and no testimony from reporters who witnessed the incident and what preceded it, then we would all have to speculate about what happened that night and that video you posted might be useful in that speculation. But since we have multiple videos that were taken before, during, and after the incident, we have a ton of facts surrounding the boys presence there, and a NY Times reporter who was there on the scene, videos like the one you linked to are completely irrelevant. The kid may be a little asshole for all I know, but being an asshole doesn't change the facts as we know them... Not one little bit.

Too many people on the left pass judgement based only on their political and ideological beliefs, rather than simply doing so based on the facts. This incident is a shining example of that.

The difference is apparently hard for you to see/understand.

The video evidence of the individual who shot the "Trump supporter" shows it was cold-blooded murder. After identifying a "Trumper," he walked up and simply shot him.

The video evidence (so far) of Mr. Rittenhouse's actions show it was all done in self-defense. From start to finish he was the one being attacked by "protester" after "protester."

Why was the Trump supporter there? Why didn’t they comply with local authorities request to clear the area?

They never should have been there in the first place.

How exactly does this have anything what so ever to do with the shooting?

The fact is, it doesn't. There isn't one witness, or one piece of video footage that depicts Kyle as the aggressor the other night. Every piece of evidence that's available makes it clear he was acting in self defense, and nothing in that video you linked to in any way changes that.

If there wasn't so many videos of the shootings, and no testimony from reporters who witnessed the incident and what preceded it, then we would all have to speculate about what happened that night and that video you posted might be useful in that speculation. But since we have multiple videos that were taken before, during, and after the incident, we have a ton of facts surrounding the boys presence there, and a NY Times reporter who was there on the scene, videos like the one you linked to are completely irrelevant. The kid may be a little asshole for all I know, but being an asshole doesn't change the facts as we know them... Not one little bit.

Too many people on the left pass judgement based only on their political and ideological beliefs, rather than simply doing so based on the facts. This incident is a shining example of that.

Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse has been charged with murder, so evidently the state sees this evidence differently than you do.

There is no mystery as to why he was there. Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a weapon to shoot at people, and thus 2 people got shot.

You are confusing self defense with vigilante justice.

Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse has been charged with murder, so evidently the state sees this evidence differently than you do.

There is no mystery as to why he was there. Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a weapon to shoot at people, and thus 2 people got shot.

That is a lie... When you don't even know the facts, why should I, or anyone else take you seriously.

That is a lie... When you don't even know the facts, why should I, or anyone else take you seriously.

Your validation isn’t required to prove you wrong.

There is no part of what I just said that’s untrue:

He has been charged with murder.

He crossed state lines with a weapon to go to an area that local authorities specifically told people to stay away from, and 2 people are dead due to his being there with that weapon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're asking the wrong question. The question is this:

Where was the government that is mandated to be working to provide domestic tranquility?

There is much similarity between BLM thugs and ISIS terrorists who think murdering others in support of the "common cause" is not only justified, but heroic. Murderous gangsters are not inspired of God, but motivated by the devil.

Why was the Trump supporter there? Why didn’t they comply with local authorities request to clear the area?

They never should have been there in the first place.

Really? :doh

He was shot for "not supposed to be there?" THAT's your justification for the murder?

Try again. :coffeepap:

Really? :doh

He was shot for "not supposed to be there?" THAT's your justification for the murder?

Try again. :coffeepap:

Yes. He should not have been there. If he wasn’t there to cause trouble, he wouldn’t have gotten in any.

Just like the 2 folks Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse shot, amirite?

Well it is easy to see the division in America on this thread.

Two teams looking at the same evidence and coming to polar opposite conclusions

Not a good sign for the future of America

We will see how this plays out In a court of law. My suspicion is even that will not change many minds

Your validation isn’t required to prove you wrong.

There is no part of what I just said that’s untrue:

He has been charged with murder.

He crossed state lines with a weapon to go to an area that local authorities specifically told people to stay away from, and 2 people are dead due to his being there with that weapon.

He did not cross state lines with that rifle, the police talked with him that night and did not tell him he shouldn't be there, and 2 people are dead because they chose to chase down and attack the kid.

Now if you have any evidence at all that he wasn't acting in self defense... anything... then by all means, present it. If you don't then your opinion is worthless.

He did not cross state lines with that rifle, the police talked with him that night and did not tell him he shouldn't be there, and 2 people are dead because they chose to chase down and attack the kid.

Now if you have any evidence at all that he wasn't acting in self defense... anything... then by all means, present it. If you don't then your opinion is worthless.

Yes, I’ve seen the video of cops aiding and abetting the white nationalists who were there to cause trouble.

The pasty white nationalist Trump supporter wanted to commit violence, and he did. He has been charged with murder accordingly.

It must be super frustrating that reality won’t bend to your wishcasting.

1) Why was the Trump supporter there? 2) Why didn’t they comply with local authorities request to clear the area?

3) They never should have been there in the first place.

1) The same reason that anyone dares to appear in public.

2) If the area was clear then who was there to shoot him?

3) Based on what? Was there a curfew in effect?

1) The same reason that anyone dares to appear in public.

2) If the area was clear then who was there to shoot him?

3) Based on what? Was there a curfew in effect?

If the people Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn’t have been there, neither should prayer warriors for racism or whatever Trump group was protesting Black people that night.

If the people Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn’t have been there, neither should prayer warriors for racism or whatever Trump group was protesting Black people that night.

I made no mention of WI and neither did you. If you must resort to some whataboutism then you have failed to make your point. You seemed to assert that the Portland, OR shooting victim was responsible for getting himself shot by simply being there, yet the shooter had every right to be there to commit the crime.

I made no mention of WI and neither did you. If you must resort to some whataboutism then you have failed to make your point. You seemed to assert that the Portland, OR shooting victim was responsible for getting himself shot by simply being there, yet the shooter had every right to be there to commit the crime.

It’s not whataboutism. none of this is happening in a vacuum, and these arguments can’t stop and start where you prefer they do.

The Prayer Warrior was there to incite. Looks like it worked.

It’s not whataboutism. none of this is happening in a vacuum, and these arguments can’t stop and start where you prefer they do.

The Prayer Warrior was there to incite. Looks like it worked.

Many protestors were there to "incite" (to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action). Clearly the Portland shooter was there and armed to do so.

Yes, I’ve seen the video of cops aiding and abetting the white nationalists who were there to cause trouble.

The pasty white nationalist Trump supporter wanted to commit violence, and he did. He has been charged with murder accordingly.

It must be super frustrating that reality won’t bend to your wishcasting.

So you lied about him crossing state lines with a gun, and now you lie about him being a white national...

The reason we all know you are lying, is because you have no evidence what so ever to back up your accusations... In other words, your posts are nothing but a joke.

So you lied about him crossing state lines with a gun, and now you lie about him being a white national...

The reason we all know you are lying, is because you have no evidence what so ever to back up your accusations... In other words, your posts are nothing but a joke.

You’re dissembling. You keep framing the convo as though the pasty white nationalist loser didn’t cross state lines with a weapon to shoot at people.

Oh look, lo and behold he’s now charged with murder.

Many protestors were there to "incite" (to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action). Clearly the Portland shooter was there and armed to do so.

Right. Maybe.

Maybe he felt his life was in danger.

Right. Maybe.

Maybe he felt his life was in danger.

Perhaps, but that should result in a self defense claim as is being tried by the WI shooter. As the OP noted, the video evidence is going to be important to show that the shooting was done in response to an attack.

We hope he turns out to be the killer, and gets the death penalty.

Back
Top Bottom