• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man under investigation in fatal shooting of right-wing demonstrator in Portland

No, that sounds like someone who believes that a person has a right to defend himself, especially when the democratic leaders won't allow the police to do their job.

Vigilantism is the opposite of law and order.

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no honest person can determine that Kyle Rittenhouse did not fire in self defense. there is tons of evidence that he did.

the "state" is playing a political game with citizens lives, unless they have evidence that we have not been allowed to see yet.

I will wait until they show that evidence to make any other conclusion that what i can plainly see.

no honest person can determine that Kyle Rittenhouse did not fire in self defense. there is tons of evidence that the did.

the "state" is playing a political game with citizens lives.

He crossed state lines with an illegal weapon to go to an area pocked with rioting. His first flush of trouble got someoen shot in the head. Then he used his illegal weapon to murder two people who tried to stop the white nationalist from killing anyone else.

Video shows what it shows. Criminal complaint says what it says. Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer.

Vigilantism is the opposite of law and order.

Vigilante
a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate)
broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice

Sorry, but the word "vigilante" does not apply. Was he there to help suppress crime, yes... Was he there to punish crime or hand out his own form of justice, no. What he did was legally defend himself according to Wisconsin law, as the video evidence clearly shows.

If you have evidence to the contrary that shows he wasn't acting in self defense and instead shows him attempting to make a citizens arrest or pronouncing sentence on anyone who had committed a crime, then I encourage you to post it.

Vigilante
a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate)
broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice

Sorry, but the word "vigilante" does not apply. Was he there to help suppress crime, yes... Was he there to punish crime or hand out his own form of justice, no. What he did was legally defend himself according to Wisconsin law, as the video evidence clearly shows.

If you have evidence to the contrary that shows he wasn't acting in self defense and instead shows him attempting to make a citizens arrest or pronouncing sentence on anyone who had committed a crime, then I encourage you to post it.

Oh, I don’t think he was doing any of that. He just wanted to shoot at protestors. And that’s what he wound up doing.

f906e9f5b776313984013cb54f1aa517.plist

There is "defending yourself" and there is "out looking for trouble". Which one of those was Kyle?

Based on the video evidence taken both before and during the time the shooting took place, he was defending himself and not out looking for trouble.

If you have any evidence that shows that the boy was there "looking for trouble", I encourage you to post it.

Oh, I don’t think he was doing any of that. He just wanted to shoot at protestors. And that’s what he wound up doing.

A person can be charged with anything, but being charged and being convicted are two entirely different things. Good luck establishing and proving that in a court of law to whoever is in charge of prosecuting the case.

A person can be charged with anything, but being charged and being convicted are two entirely different things. Good luck establishing and proving that in a court of law to whoever is in charge of prosecuting the case.

Good luck with the defense! <Waves, places hand over heart and sighs>

Based on the video evidence taken both before and during the time the shooting took place, he was defending himself and not out looking for trouble.

If you have any evidence that shows that the boy was there "looking for trouble", I encourage you to post it.

Really? A kid running around armed with an AR and violating curfew in a protest known for violence is not looking for trouble? Then I do not know what is.

That sounds like you are defending vigilante "justice". Do you think private citizens need to take the law into their own hands?

When I demand that the GOVERNMENT perform their duty, YOU read that I endorse vigilantes?

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Back
Top Bottom