• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

man found dead in LAX restroom

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

September 15, 2010 | 11:10 am

A man whose head was covered in a bag and who had his hands bound was found dead Wednesday morning in a restroom at Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

Airport police were called to the bathroom shortly before 8 a.m. and found a body slumped in a stall, according to sources familiar with the case. They called Los Angeles police, who dispatched detectives with the department's robbery-homicide division to investigate.

The sources said it was not immediately clear if the death was a suicide or a homicide.

[Updated at 12:30 p.m.: Los Angeles police said that a preliminary investigation indicates that the man in the restroom died from a possible suicide. They said the case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County Coroner to determine official cause of death. They also stressed that the investigation was in its early stages.]

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Maybe I am missing something here, but how can you bind your own hands with any degree of effectiveness?

suicide with an attempt to make it look like homocide?

Just wondering what made them think it may be suicide. bag over head, hands tied seems to scream homocide to me.

Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Maybe I am missing something here, but how can you bind your own hands with any degree of effectiveness?
Depends on if they were bound in front or behind. If in front, I can think of one extremely easy way to bind one's hands effectively and make it difficult/impossible to get out of them without some kind of assistance (knife, etc) That would be zip ties. If bound behind, however, that makes it more difficult since one wouldn't be able to use one's mouth for assistance.

Maybe the bloke just wanted to find out if the chaps in real life are just as good as TV's Quincy.

Depends on if they were bound in front or behind. If in front, I can think of one extremely easy way to bind one's hands effectively and make it difficult/impossible to get out of them without some kind of assistance (knife, etc) That would be zip ties. If bound behind, however, that makes it more difficult since one wouldn't be able to use one's mouth for assistance.

Very true. You should be a detective. :)

BTW, was the guy's name Larry by chance? :2razz:

Depends on if they were bound in front or behind. If in front, I can think of one extremely easy way to bind one's hands effectively and make it difficult/impossible to get out of them without some kind of assistance (knife, etc) That would be zip ties.

ah, but if your hands are bound in front of you, you could still reach up and pull off the bag if you panicked or changed your mind at the last minute. that was what i meant by "effective". seems that binding your own hands in front of you serves no purpose during a suicide attempt. Unless, of course, you are trying to make your suicide look like a homocide, since many life insurance policies don't pay out in the event of suicide.

Just a guess, but I don't think the guy's hands being tied was to prevent himself from going through with it. I think if he went to those measures to place himself in an airport and pull it off without being detected, he was committed. Just wondering why he would want to make it look like a homicide though.

What kind of a crap ass life does someone have if the airport is where they do theirselves in?

My bets are on homicide.

What kind of a crap ass life does someone have if the airport is where they do theirselves in?
LOL - where do the people who don't have "crap ass lives" commit suicide?

LOL - where do the people who don't have "crap ass lives" commit suicide?

My husband said "always go for the bathroom - makes cleanup easier"

My husband was referring to *your own bathroom* - but I guess that can include *all bathrooms*

I heard of a guy who committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head three times with a double-barrel shotgun. :2razz:

Maybe he tried reaching under the next stall looking for a friendly hand from the wrong fella.

My husband said "always go for the bathroom - makes cleanup easier"

My husband was referring to *your own bathroom* - but I guess that can include *all bathrooms*
Your husband is giving you advice on how to commit suicide??? :shock:

:2razz:

suicide with an attempt to make it look like homocide?

Just wondering what made them think it may be suicide. bag over head, hands tied seems to scream homocide to me.

The guy had serious mental uses and where there is a will there is away.

All though it does sound a bit hinky doesn't it.

You could bind them in the front and then step through them if you really wanted them tied behind your back.

Maybe he just dropped in for a quickie in the auto-erotic area.

You could bind them in the front and then step through them if you really wanted them tied behind your back.

Well, that would depend on how limber you are and how tightly you bound your hands. But yes, in theory that certainly could work. However, if you can step through them to get them behind you, you could step back through to get them back in front. ;)

Back
Top Bottom