• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Bob Nightingale reported that, hopefully he's correct.
As a Mets fan, the injuries have been extremely frustrating.

They have had the worst luck the past few seasons that is for sure.

Rumor around here is that the Cards are going after Jake Odorizzi

Trevor Bauer and the Mets have a deal.

Bauer and the Dodgers are in agreement on a three-year, $102 million deal that has opt-outs after Years 1 and 2, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan. Bauer is set to make $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in 2022, sources said.

He is going back home.

Cohen is worth about $12 billion. Its not like NFL where there's a hard cap.
Everyone, including the Yankees has a limit.. Even Cohen.. My point is the $40 mil can be spent elsewhere, the Mets have other needs that are IMO, more important than starting pitching.

Everyone, including the Yankees has a limit.. Even Cohen.. My point is the $40 mil can be spent elsewhere, the Mets have other needs that are IMO, more important than starting pitching.
I don't necessarily disagree. However it looks like the team is on a mission to add another starter and are now considering Jake Arrieta.

And there's a good possibility he's a kind of a dick... Lol....

That's gonna be a problem in L.A. And it would really, REALLY be a problem in NYC..
Per rotoworld:

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the Mets have come to terms on a contract with Taijuan Walker.
It was Martino who reported earlier this week that Walker had emerged as a target for the Mets, and now it appears the two sides have a deal. Joel Sherman of the New York Post says it's a two-year, $20 million contract with a $6 million player option for a third year. Walker hasn't pitched a whole lot the last few years due to injuries, but he was excellent in 2020, holding a 2.70 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 50/19 K/BB ratio over 53 1/3 innings between the Mariners and Blue Jays. He's also still just 28, so perhaps there's still a little more there that the Mets can tap into.

Per rotoworld:

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the Mets have come to terms on a contract with Taijuan Walker.
It was Martino who reported earlier this week that Walker had emerged as a target for the Mets, and now it appears the two sides have a deal. Joel Sherman of the New York Post says it's a two-year, $20 million contract with a $6 million player option for a third year. Walker hasn't pitched a whole lot the last few years due to injuries, but he was excellent in 2020, holding a 2.70 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 50/19 K/BB ratio over 53 1/3 innings between the Mariners and Blue Jays. He's also still just 28, so perhaps there's still a little more there that the Mets can tap into.
Last 3 years the Mets bullpen has been by far their biggest problem.. This offseason they've signed a whole bunch of ? Marks. I understand what they are doing
. Safety in numbers. They're thinking they can strike gold with 2 or 3 of them in the bullpen.. I hope they can. Eventually something has to work to fix their bullpen woes..

Last 3 years the Mets bullpen has been by far their biggest problem.. This offseason they've signed a whole bunch of ? Marks. I understand what they are doing
. Safety in numbers. They're thinking they can strike gold with 2 or 3 of them in the bullpen.. I hope they can. Eventually something has to work to fix their bullpen woes..
Walker is a starter. I do agree about the bullpen (and so does deGrom's won/loss record). I would have rather they had used that money on Trevor Rosenthal, but we'll see.

Walker is a starter. I do agree about the bullpen (and so does deGrom's won/loss record). I would have rather they had used that money on Trevor Rosenthal, but we'll see.
Yeah I wasn't specifically talking about Walker.... But they have signed a bunch of arms.. I think they are just hoping a couple become reliable arms in the pen... something that has eluded them in recent years...

Pretty good starting rotation though.....

DeGrom, Stroman, Carrasco,, Walker, Peterson or Lucchesi.... Then by mid year Syndergaard should be good to go..

Yeah I wasn't specifically talking about Walker.... But they have signed a bunch of arms.. I think they are just hoping a couple become reliable arms in the pen... something that has eluded them in recent years...

Pretty good starting rotation though.....

DeGrom, Stroman, Carrasco,, Walker, Peterson or Lucchesi.... Then by mid year Syndergaard should be good to go..
They're looking to trade Betances and Familia. Good luck unloading those contracts.

They're looking to trade Betances and Familia. Good luck unloading those contracts.
Betances 'MIGHT' be worth holding onto and giving 1 more try.... Familia I've seen enough of him.. They can trade him for a bag of donuts for all I care..

Betances 'MIGHT' be worth holding onto and giving 1 more try.... Familia I've seen enough of him.. They can trade him for a bag of donuts for all I care..
At $16.6 million, that's an expensive bag of donuts. That said, he wasn't terrible overall last season, but he did dance through the raindrops quite a bit.

I have to give the Mariners credit:

Trade Cano and Edwin Diaz for Jarred Kelenic, who looks like the next Bryce Harper.

Trade James Paxton for Justus Sheffield, who I am not sold on as an elite starter, but made progress last year and they got Paxton back.

MLBN has a DH tomorrow on the first day of spring training games.

Back
Top Bottom