• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Detroit is first team to win a game this year.

Baseball, in their infinite wisdom Baseball has decided to use the man on second in extra innings.

Is there a human alive who favors this rule?
Agreed. I’d make the new rule for this topic to start in the 13th inning. And do away with 7-inning games. The slick graphics on E$PN for the strike zone were cool.

Too bad the universal DH was a negotiating ploy. Pitchers will continue to get hurt batting and running bases and looking silly being an automatic out.

19 games against just 4 teams each in your division is too unbalanced while playing 66 total games against the other 10 teams in your league. Such excitement for 19 games between KC and DET.

3/3, 2/2, 2/2, 3, and 3 equaling 20 IL games seems okay for now. Great thinking starting opening day in temperatures 40 or more degrees colder than spring training and wondering why guys get hurt.

lol...

woops

The Nationals, or any other team, should have to play with their eligible players and those called up to replace those quarantined.
Agreed. All teams have dozens of players on their AA AND AAA teams. Just call them up and play the games.. Hell this time of year many of the minor leaguers were just playing with the major league team...

Postponing the games punishes, in this case the Mets, who aren't at fault. They will now have to play doubleheaders, will have to play on their off days, this screws up their pitching rotation this week.

And again, by no fault of theirs..

Last season Covid related rule, should've been tossed for this season. Would assume it will be gone by next season.

Agree, I thought they were, just found out they were not. I thought this was adopted for baseball permanently.
Why on earth are there Covid rules this year?

Last edited:
Agree, I thought they were, just found out they were not. I thought this was adopted for baseball permanently.
Why on earth are there Covid rules this year?
Although MLB has relaxed Covid protocols until a high percentage of players get vaccinated Covid postives and quarantines like this weekend are still possible. Vaccinations are not mandatory for players and we all know MLB players and personnel are not immune to stupidity.

I've read starting a runner at 2nd base in extra innings might have support beyond this season to keep games from going on too long. Linc mentioned a compromise which could be a possibility.

MLB ownership and the union for the players have a shitty relationship. Getting them to do what's best for the fan is usually secondary to their own interests.

Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals game on Monday postponed, sources say...

Why aren't they making the Nats play with minor leaguers?

Mets bullpen implodes ruining a Degrom gem. 🤬

Same shit, different year.
Mets have a losing record in games he started since 2018. Degrom's era is 2.08 during this span. Hoping Mets score afew more runs for him going forward.

Looks like Tatis might be done for awhile with a shoulder injury. Tough break him and the Padres.

Love this odor trade. Kid has a lot of pop

Lol on how the Mets won today's game. Bases loaded, Conforto gets hit by a pitch that is RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE.. lol.. Winning run scores...

Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals game on Monday postponed, sources say...

Why aren't they making the Nats play with minor leaguers?
Even the Met’s TV announcers on MLBN were trashing Conforto. What a joke.

Every hitter is now allowed to wear football gear and stick their arm over the plate to get hit.

Mets bullpen implodes ruining a Degrom gem. 🤬
Wouldn't bother me if MLB folded and there was a time I loved the game. They didn't learn a thing from the strike, still stupid.

Even the Met’s TV announcers on MLBN were trashing Conforto. What a joke.

Every hitter is now allowed to wear football gear and stick their arm over the plate to get hit.
Spring training game a ball was hit at least 20 feet foul down the left field line. The 3rd base Ump called it a Homerun.. It was overturned, but damn..

The MLB's Umps seem to be trying to on purpose work themselves out of a job and let computers and cameras do their jobs..

Back
Top Bottom