• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Epic Braves win in 12 innings. Good to see more small ball, like pitcher Fried sacrificing as a pinch-hitter. Go Panda. Phillies intentionally threw at Acuna. That new beanball problem is far from over. Girardi’s an unapologetic asshole.

Giants have a great rotation. They get Cueto back tomorrow, but lose Sanchez today. Disco, Wood, Gausman, Webb. Giants are good. Cubs and Cards will be fun. Too many arm injuries. The players need preventative therapy coaches.

Jays need their rookie starter Pearson to step up. KC sliding. Indians a pita. Both Sox hammering the ball. Yanks have certainly rebounded.

Day 2 of these 3-game series attracts more runs. Umps still dicking batters. Tenth-inning rule causing unders for pick ‘em games to go over, such as with tonight’s Braves game.

Early and changing start times hurting batters. Great to hear Willie Mays be honored live on Giants radio with that MLB app. Hope baseball is happy with a deader ball.

Did I forget to mention that the Mets are playing well with deGrom going tomorrow?

The Cleveland Indians have been no hit twice already this season. No team in the history of MLB has been no hit 3 times in a season. The Indians still have about 130 games left to play. No pressure, guys.

I use to think Edgar Martinez was one of the best modern-day pure hitters in baseball but Albert Pujols imo was better. Take away his rookie season, the most he struck out with St. Louis in a season was 76!

Guy was like Edgar, just hit for more power.

MLB gives the Oakland A's permission to look into moving. The owner of the A's is personally worth more than $3.6B. He bought the A's for $180M in 2005 (and he has spent jack in stadium upkeep or team improvement). The A's are now worth $1.1B. And since Oakland doesn't want to kick in, the A's may move.

I saw my first live ballgame in 1962. I hate the DH. But I hate the bloodsucking owners more than anything else in baseball.

Way too many players who strike out. I remember when it was an embarrassment when players struck out 100+ times in a season. Not anymore.

MLB gives the Oakland A's permission to look into moving. The owner of the A's is personally worth more than $3.6B. He bought the A's for $180M in 2005 (and he has spent jack in stadium upkeep or team improvement). The A's are now worth $1.1B. And since Oakland doesn't want to kick in, the A's may move.

I saw my first live ballgame in 1962. I hate the DH. But I hate the bloodsucking owners more than anything else in baseball.
Vegas would be great option. Portland as well.

Saw that. To be fair though, I have no idea what kind of shape the Orioles bullpen was in and if they needed Harvey to eat up innings.
Day game yesterday. Orioles are off today.

Idk. Seemed strange...

Last edited:
Day game yesterday. Orioles are off today.

Idk. Seemed strange...
He had allowed 4 earned runs through 4 innings. Not great but not terrible. The wheels came off in the 5th when he allowed 3 more runs in a third of an inning. He didn't allow any runs in the 4th, so Baltimore didn't have anyone warming up at the beginning of the inning, so it took the reliever a few minutes, while Harvey was getting lit up.

I thought the Mets injuries last season were bad. 2 starting OFs and both backups, starting 3B and 2B and 4/5 of the rotation are all hurt. Good lord.

That rookie with the White Sox is pathetic. Tony should sit him out a couple of games. Pathetic.

That rookie with the White Sox is pathetic. Tony should sit him out a couple of games. Pathetic.
Pathetic is bush-league MLB managers like La Russa, Ross, and Baldelli who choose to pitch little league pitchers in MLB games, making a pathetic mockery of the game.

La Russa’s bullpen blew another game tonight. If the Sox win anything, it will be in spite of La Russa. What a pathetic hiring.

Maybe folks should be more concerned with all of the batters getting hit in the face and hands, with all of the associated broken bones. Let’s throw faster with far less control and then complain about Ks, BBs, HBPs, and HRs.

We’re back to the days of Tony Conigliaro on a regular basis, who died at 45 after never fully recovering from a heart attack at 37. He still holds the record for HRs in a season by a teenager.

Detroit’s building a fine young starting staff the right way.

I thought the Mets injuries last season were bad. 2 starting OFs and both backups, starting 3B and 2B and 4/5 of the rotation are all hurt. Good lord.
Their bench will be better for it in the long run, both hitting and fielding. Their division is obviously much weaker than most folks thought. Then there’s Atlanta’s pitcher Ynoa who broke his hand punching the dugout in Milwaukee.

Their bench will be better for it in the long run, both hitting and fielding. Their division is obviously much weaker than most folks thought. Then there’s Atlanta’s pitcher Ynoa who broke his hand punching the dugout in Milwaukee.
And pitching ...

Pathetic is bush-league MLB managers like La Russa, Ross, and Baldelli who choose to pitch little league pitchers in MLB games, making a pathetic mockery of the game.

La Russa’s bullpen blew another game tonight. If the Sox win anything, it will be in spite of La Russa. What a pathetic hiring.

Maybe folks should be more concerned with all of the batters getting hit in the face and hands, with all of the associated broken bones. Let’s throw faster with far less control and then complain about Ks, BBs, HBPs, and HRs.

We’re back to the days of Tony Conigliaro on a regular basis, who died at 45 after never fully recovering from a heart attack at 37. He still holds the record for HRs in a season by a teenager.

Detroit’s building a fine young starting staff the right way.

There seems to be a simple solution to this. Larger fines and longer suspensions for head hunting pitchers.

It was like watching a minor league team last night.. I was watching the game thinking who the hell are these guys?

It was like watching a minor league team last night.. I was watching the game thinking who the hell are these guys?
Hard to believe Mets reporters are trashing McCann with the way he handles your pitching staff. Giolito would give anything to have him back.

There seems to be a simple solution to this. Larger fines and longer suspensions for head hunting pitchers.
Some pitchers simply don’t have any idea where their fastball’s going, except to try to throw a high strike or just above the zone. Face masks may be next, but that doesn’t help the hands.

Hard to believe Mets reporters are trashing McCann with the way he handles your pitching staff. Giolito would give anything to have him back.
He's not JT Realmuto, the FA catcher Mets fans really wanted. That's his only sin.

He's not JT Realmuto, the FA catcher Mets fans really wanted. That's his only sin.
Not bringing back McCann was bush league La Russa’s first mistake. Grandal is a terrible catcher in comparison.

Losing Jimenez and Robert to season-ending injuries tells me they need preventative therapy.

La Russa is close to losing the clubhouse. I’m now fading the Sox on the odds. Even Lance Lynn spoke out in defense of Mercedes.

Not bringing back McCann was bush league La Russa’s first mistake. Grandal is a terrible catcher in comparison.

Losing Jimenez and Robert to season-ending injuries tells me they need preventative therapy.

La Russa is close to losing the clubhouse. I’m now fading the Sox on the odds. Even Lance Lynn spoke out in defense of Mercedes.
Just look at the way Mercedes teammates were celebrating with him after the homerun. LaRussa is an old school red ass, whose time has passed. I'm sure the players realize this.

Corey Kluber with a no-hitter!

If Kluber is back and with the way Cole is pitching, watch out.

Hey Bucky. Congratulations. We now have 6 and 7/9 no-hitters this year. This AM, the over/under was 9.5 for the year. I’d move it to ~ 14. Based on Cole getting hammered by this same Texas team two days ago, I’d be concerned with a dead arm.

I see this as a result of hitters not catching up yet with pitchers from the Covid year, the launch swing, the umpires favoring pitchers early and late in the count, variable starting times, and great pitchers coming from college.

Back
Top Bottom