• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Major League Baseball 2021

Travel inequities in sports are rarely spoken of as an issue for teams and players. Consider the Twins flying to the Angels after their home game today to play a makeup DH tomorrow and then flying to Cleveland tomorrow night to play at 7:10, 4:10, and 1:10 this weekend. Meanwhile, Cleveland is off tomorrow. Think the Indians pitchers have the edge in this series?

In the NFL, the Browns play the Ravens twice in three weeks with a Bye in between. Meanwhile, the Ravens play the Steelers in that middle week. Think the Browns were given the edge by The Man? Playing the odds every day has caused me to notice this.

For all you Mets fans, they flew to Miami from Atlanta already today while Miami plays at Philadelphia tomorrow before playing the Mets on Friday. Who has that travel edge? Also, you miss T. Rogers and S. Alcantara but will probably get P. Lopez. And, 15 of 30 pitchers are unknown for Friday, preventing teams, players and fans from planning. This has not happened in the past.

Then there’s umpire Tripp Gibson, who entered today’s Col/SD game 0-7 to the under and the game had an o/u of 7.5. SD won 3-0.

Hey Bucky. Congratulations. We now have 6 and 7/9 no-hitters this year. This AM, the over/under was 9.5 for the year. I’d move it to ~ 14. Based on Cole getting hammered by this same Texas team two days ago, I’d be concerned with a dead arm.

I see this as a result of hitters not catching up yet with pitchers from the Covid year, the launch swing, the umpires favoring pitchers early and late in the count, variable starting times, and great pitchers coming from college.

due to geek stats, we are seeing fewer quality hitters. It is pretty much a strike-out, walk, or fly ball.

This league has phased out hitters that hit for average, hit singles, and doubles.

Look at the Yankees lineup. Almost everyone in that lineup is trying to hit a homerun. That's where the league is going.

due to geek stats, we are seeing fewer quality hitters. It is pretty much a strike-out, walk, or fly ball.

This league has phased out hitters that hit for average, hit singles, and doubles.

Look at the Yankees lineup. Almost everyone in that lineup is trying to hit a homerun. That's where the league is going.
AL East is outstanding. Even BAL can be a tough out. TB does play that old-time music. TOR is fun to watch. BOS scores with a decent rotation.

Buffalo Blue Jays and their questionable rotation. You have position players out and are missing Severino and Tanaka — I’d do more bullpen games NYY. Great series this weekend between CWS and Yanks. Montgomery is due against the lefty crushers Abreu hurting.

May and October are two of my favorite months for sports. For honesty, I’m doing odds every day. So far MLB. Now some NBA over/unders since they’re all trying and playing.

VSIN 204 is really fun on XMSirius.

Big sports weekend with playoffs in the NHL and NBA, the PGA, and renewed MLB rivalries with LAD/SF and CHC/STL. Other good series see CWS/NYY, TB/TOR, and BOS/PHL.

Mets are running out of players. When deGrom comes off of the IL many of the position players behind him might be minor leaguers he just rehabbed with..

Mets are running out of players. When deGrom comes off of the IL many of the position players behind him might be minor leaguers he just rehabbed with..
I’m on Stroman tonight, though Holloway is another of Miami’s good young arms.

Mets aren’t alone.

I don’t see Hendricks being favored. He’s sucked on the road and STL has the rest advantage. Mikolas is back for them tomorrow against Adzolay, now the Cubs best starter. Too bad either team isn’t in town with the heat and wind.
Was at yesterdays game... shocked that every inning wasnt a 2HR affair like the top of the 1st with the strong wind to left.

Hendricks is due for a return to his usual form. Happens tonight.

Like Pete says:

6C9C8783-020A-4207-985D-9E788B69AEEA.jpeg

Was at yesterdays game... shocked that every inning wasnt a 2HR affair like the top of the 1st with the strong wind to left.

Hendricks is due for a return to his usual form. Happens tonight.

Like Pete says:

View attachment 67334294
It’ll take at least a year playing the numbers on these apps before I’m really back into it. I’m just a small bill guy learning all the new angles.

Southpoint in Vegas is where Musburger and VSIN are based. He does the Raiders and Vegas is now exploding.

Great end to the Yankee game after a great pitching duel. (The kid from NC State was great.)

Yankees get a triple play in the top of the night in a tie game and win it in the bottom of the 9th.

Can you imagine being a player in single A, facing deGrom, who was hitting 102 to go with a 90 MPH slider?

I'm in 3 fantasy baseball leagues. In 1 of them it's a high scoring league, lots of positions and pitchers. Because of that there's 7 IL slots for each team. Plenty right? Currently I have 10 players on the IL... Lol

Are the Giants really the best team in Baseball, or is that .622 record just a fluke. My money is still on the Rays.

Inspite of Tony the White Sox look pretty good..
Not to be disagreeable, but I wouldn’t call one run in two games against NYY looking pretty good. Teams will be loading up their rotations for the Sox now. Historically, they’ve had trouble within their own division.

Not to be disagreeable, but I wouldn’t call one run in two games against NYY looking pretty good. Teams will be loading up their rotations for the Sox now. Historically, they’ve had trouble within their own division.
I've already seen many games this year where a team scores 1 run in 2 games, in 3 games.

Offense is way down this year.

True. However, Sox are regressing from being a supposed good offense and have run into a heating up Yankee staff. If they don’t hit Taillon today, they’ll officially be in a slump.

Losing Robert and Jimenez has caught up with them, but every team has injuries as you’re fully aware. I still doubt their bullpen, can’t stand La Russa, and will miss another of their blacked-out games today.

At least I get E. Rod against Wheeler on the alternate MLB channel.

I've already seen many games this year where a team scores 1 run in 2 games, in 3 games.

Offense is way down this year.
See post # 293. It’s early for me. Forgot to quote.

BTW. I'm not a Marlins fan. But their Cuban league or whatever jerseys are excellent. Really, really nice..

I want one... Lol

BTW. I'm not a Marlins fan. But their Cuban league or whatever jerseys are excellent. Really, really nice..

I want one... Lol
Three of their five starters are dynamite. They gave up too soon on Caleb Smith lefty and Arizona won’t start him.

True. However, Sox are regressing from being a supposed good offense and have run into a heating up Yankee staff. If they don’t hit Taillon today, they’ll officially be in a slump.

Losing Robert and Jimenez has caught up with them, but every team has injuries as you’re fully aware. I still doubt their bullpen, can’t stand La Russa, and will miss another of their blacked-out games today.

At least I get E. Rod against Wheeler on the alternate MLB channel.

Why is koepech not starting?????

Why is koepech not starting?????
We should be using 6 starters with 18 games in 17 days that started with your Yanks. La Russa and the Sox are vindictive, punishing Kopech for sitting out last year.

They’re not going to sit Keuchel with his contract. With La Russa burning out arms, Kopech will get his starts. Sox haven’t a clue how to piggyback either. As one of my brothers says, the Sox suck against good teams. MIN is waking up. CLE got hurt losing Reyes. TOR is fading. Lots of streaks.

We should be using 6 starters with 18 games in 17 days that started with your Yanks. La Russa and the Sox are vindictive, punishing Kopech for sitting out last year.

They’re not going to sit Keuchel with his contract. With La Russa burning out arms, Kopech will get his starts. Sox haven’t a clue how to piggyback either. As one of my brothers says, the Sox suck against good teams. MIN is waking up. CLE got hurt losing Reyes. TOR is fading. Lots of streaks.
Wait a minute. They are punishing someone going through depression/a divorce/and coming off major arm surgery?

That seems rather cruel.

Back
Top Bottom