• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

love or infatuation

I can't speak for GG, buy I know o couldn't.

I've tried.

I've tried to love dumb girls too. They tend to lack usefulness after I zip up my pants.

Incredibly intelligent women have it rather tough. Most men get intimidated by them. I, on the other hand, welcome it. I watch Jeopardy everyday and would love it if they not only watched with me, but beat me on occasion. So far I'm undefeated, but I welcome the opportunity.

Some women are way too smart, they know just when to act dumb. :lol:

Some women are way too smart, they know just when to act dumb. :lol:

There is a difference between acting dumb, and acting helpless.

I know how to change a tire, but why should I when there is a brawny guy standing right there? :wink:

Huh_2_Girls_amp_a_Cup_ewww-s300x405-281756-580.jpg

I can love a woman without being in love with her...if we're related. Other than that, I have to invoke more movie wisdom here.

I'll beg to differ.

I have several guy friends, happily, solidly married, that I knew long before they were married, and they are some of my best friends. They knew me back when, they know me now, and never was sex a part of it. 35 years I've known them, and the opportunity has existed if sex was on their minds, heck, I've slept in the same bed with two of them back then (a group drunk, lol) and nothing happened.

I love 'em. I'd do anything for them, and they for me. They will always be some of my dearest friends.

I'll beg to differ.

I have several guy friends, happily, solidly married, that I knew long before they were married, and they are some of my best friends. They knew me back when, they know me now, and never was sex a part of it. 35 years I've known them, and the opportunity has existed if sex was on their minds, heck, I've slept in the same bed with two of them back then (a group drunk, lol) and nothing happened.

I love 'em. I'd do anything for them, and they for me. They will always be some of my dearest friends.

Either they're gay or they loooooooooooooove their wives.

Or are afraid of them.

Either they're gay or they loooooooooooooove their wives.

Or are afraid of them.

But before they were married and single? Nope, your explanation doesn't hold water, Gipper.

And they sure as hell aren't gay.

Don't have any here at work.... will hunt for them at home.

Though why I have to prove they aren't gay is beyond me.

You don't. I've had male friends before that never ever tried to get me naked. They were really just friends. :)

Don't have any here at work.... will hunt for them at home.

Though why I have to prove they aren't gay is beyond me.

Well if you post a pic and you're some ridiculous knockout that guys can magically behave around...I'm gonna question a few aspects of your story. :)

Well if you post a pic and you're some ridiculous knockout that guys can magically behave around...I'm gonna question a few aspects of your story. :)

I've posted pictures of me before. No, I'm not a 'knockout', but I don't scare small children either. :wink:

Besides, looks are a very very small part of person, at least by those who have that other trait I value......

I've posted pictures of me before. No, I'm not a 'knockout', but I don't scare small children either. :wink:

Besides, looks are a very very small part of person, at least by those who have that other trait I value......

Intelligence and fidelity are not synonymous. Einstein was a complete dog when it comes to the ladies.

Intelligence and fidelity are not synonymous. Einstein was a complete dog when it comes to the ladies.

I didn't say intelligence and fidelity were synonymous.

I said looks are a small item on the grand scale of things, especially when someone is intelligent (and sees beyond the skin).

I didn't say intelligence and fidelity were synonymous.

I said looks are a small item on the grand scale of things, especially when someone is intelligent (and sees beyond the skin).

Yeah, but it sucks when you have to settle for us smart, ugly dudes.

I don't consider it 'settling'. There in lies the difference. :wink:

You can only wake up next to a man and be frightened when you first open your eyes so many times. Eventually he just mopes and leaves because "he's not good enough for her".

Rocky Dennis could be the living epitome of Jesus Christ, and he's still not getting any strange.

You can only wake up next to a man and be frightened when you first open your eyes so many times. Eventually he just mopes and leaves because "he's not good enough for her".

Rocky Dennis could be the living epitome of Jesus Christ, and he's still not getting any strange.

Looks have never been of importance to me. I've dated 'ugly' men, I've dated 'handsome' men. More often than not, the 'ugly' guy has more to offer in the way of humor, intelligence and personality then the handsome one.

Just my experience.

Looks have never been of importance to me. I've dated 'ugly' men, I've dated 'handsome' men. More often than not, the 'ugly' guy has more to offer in the way of humor, intelligence and personality then the handsome one.

Just my experience.

Also, sometimes the ugly guy may have "more to offer".

Just my experience.

Same here. For the most part.

Just my experience.

So that's what it is. I've noticed this since high school. It was always the socially apt and confident fugly guys that consistently dated the most [generally] desirable girls.

So that's what it is. I've noticed this since high school. It was always the socially apt and confident fugly guys that consistently dated the most [generally] desirable girls.

Well, men may not see it the same way, but the more attractive people seem to rely more on their looks to get them where they want to go, rather than other traits that serve them well for the long run.

Not to say that there aren't some really attractive people with really good senses of humor and intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom