• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

love or infatuation

And since you never saw the pictures I posted, I could say I'm a young version of Rachel Welch....

Hell, I'd take an old version of Raquel Welch. With Farrah gone, she's the new "DAYUM she looks great for her age" woman.

And since you never saw the pictures I posted, I could say I'm a young version of Rachel Welch....

And I'm Carmen Electra.... lol

I wish. :(

Looks have never been of importance to me. I've dated 'ugly' men, I've dated 'handsome' men. More often than not, the 'ugly' guy has more to offer in the way of humor, intelligence and personality then the handsome one.

Just my experience.

Same here. For the most part.

Yep. Same here as well. The less conventionally attractive men I've dated were all gems. The "handsome" ones, all but one, were severely lacking in much more important traits.

Well I have a small penis too, so I pretty much need to have a sense of humor to avoid being completely un-dateable.

Ugly dudes that are packing can go a little above their pay grade.

Identifying the real thing

1. Love develops slowly; infatuation rapidly. Most people think that falling in love happens suddenly and intensely. Tyrone said, “I fell hard the minute I saw her yesterday. She looked just like I always pictured she would. I feel like I’ve known her all my life.”

9. Love brings the approval of family and friends; infatuation brings disapproval. If parents or friends do not approve, beware! If they are convinced a bad choice is in the making, they are probably right. Marriages that lack the blessing of parents have a high failure rate. One researcher compared complaints by happily married persons with those of divorced persons. The divorced were almost four times as likely to complain their spouse had nothing in common with mutual friends. It was also found that happily married couples were far less likely to have problems with in-laws. If parents and friends object, take care. If theyapprove, take heart.

College and University Dialogue

l want that thing pleasee

Excellent post, Medusa. Thanks for providing it for us. :)

I can love someone, without being IN love with them. There is a difference, though most men don't understand it.
We lack the advantage of impunity, is all. From a woman's perspective, I can see how it might appear as incomprehension. You mustn't lament the paucity of male intellect, GottaGo. That you were granted the monopoly was a damnable fluke. Ask the Wiccans. They'll tell you how sacred you are. ;)

We lack the advantage of impunity, is all. From a woman's perspective, I can see how it might appear as incomprehension. You mustn't lament the paucity of male intellect, GottaGo. That you were granted the monopoly was a damnable fluke. Ask the Wiccans. They'll tell you how sacred you are. ;)

l want to see him be in love with me if l am in love with him

you can love everybody but you fall in love with only opposite sex

l want to see him be in love with me if l am in love with him

you can love everybody but you fall in love with only opposite sex
Assuming you're heterosexual, I quite agree.

But of course we are sacred, many groups believe so. :wink:

The difference, IMO, lies in the ability to separate emotions.... but that's not relegated to one gender or the other, it's something that is learned.....

Well I have a small penis too, so I pretty much need to have a sense of humor to avoid being completely un-dateable.

Ugly dudes that are packing can go a little above their pay grade.

ugly dudes are loved if they are kind hearted:mrgreen:

Identifying the real thing

1. Love develops slowly; infatuation rapidly. Most people think that falling in love happens suddenly and intensely. Tyrone said, “I fell hard the minute I saw her yesterday. She looked just like I always pictured she would. I feel like I’ve known her all my life.”

Don’t jump to conclusions. Allow your relationship to grow slowly. Begin as friends, and don’t try to rush through the getting-to-know-you stage. Leisurely beginnings make for pleasurable dating relationships. Such friendships can lead to true love that resemble infatuation in intensity but are rooted in reality.
Guys that try to be friends first, end up with alot of friends that are dating and marrying other guys.

But of course we are sacred, many groups believe so. :wink:

The difference, IMO, lies in the ability to separate emotions.... but that's not relegated to one gender or the other, it's something that is learned.....
Moreso by one gender than another it seems. Call me cynical.

Back
Top Bottom