• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lou Holtz' Speech: "Biden and Others Who Support Abortion Are Catholics In Name Only". [W:111]

No, he's a dead comedian. He was never a life coach. It seems like you want to make him into a villain, though, for getting high, yet, no doubt the words of that fat pedophile, drug addict, Rush Limbaugh, have certainly made your panties moist. I call that selective outrage.
A lot of people quote him like he was the wisest man in the world. Yet, he was a drunk and addict most of his adult life.

A lot of people quote him like he was the wisest man in the world. Yet, he was a drunk and addict most of his adult life.

Just so you know, being drunk or addicted are human diseases separate from intellect. You CAN be a wise drunk, incapable of healing yourself. Besides, even tea-totallers die of something. George had a good run and he lived on his own terms, not like the jesus freaks and the squares, too frightened to smoke a joint..

The reason he's so often quoted is that he was willing to actually say shit that most people were afraid to, such as that religion is bullshit and that our government is run by war-mongering morons. George was twice the man that our non-smoking, non-drinking douchebag of a president is.

Re: Lou Holtz' Speech: "Biden and Others Who Support Abortion Are Catholics In Name Only". Spot On

ND is run by the left, just as Georgetown is. They are an embarrassment to Cathoicism.
The RCC is an embarrassment to Catholicism

Just so you know, being drunk or addicted are human diseases separate from intellect. You CAN be a wise drunk, incapable of healing yourself. Besides, even tea-totallers die of something. George had a good run and he lived on his own terms, not like the jesus freaks and the squares, too frightened to smoke a joint..

The reason he's so often quoted is that he was willing to actually say shit that most people were afraid to, such as that religion is bullshit and that our government is run by war-mongering morons. George was twice the man that our non-smoking, non-drinking douchebag of a president is.
Carlin lacked wisdom. His life was a series of bad choices. He's not to be taken any more seriously than you would a drunk living over a grate downtown.

Carlin lacked wisdom. His life was a series of bad choices. He's not to be taken any more seriously than you would a drunk living over a grate downtown.

You're wrong. Getting high is not always a bad choice. I, too, have enjoyed it immensely, many times. Secondly, his "series of bad choices" made him a wealthy, influential celebrity who lived his full life expectancy. How bad have your choices been that you're guaranteed no more life than him and nobody listens to what YOU have to say?

Everyone has regrets and I'm sure George was no different. But, from the perspective of a fan and not a petty moralizer, I say he made me laugh and THAT is worth a lot to me. It doesn't matter that George was drunk, it doesn't matter that Richard Pryor was freebasing and it doesn't matter that Edgar Allen Poe was an opium addict. His art, dark and mystic, spoke of his beauty in a thousand ways that your judgementalism never could of yours. George's was no different.

It never fails that you can't explain art to the closed minded. They're too busy dressing the women with their eyes.

You're wrong. Getting high is not always a bad choice. I, too, have enjoyed it immensely, many times. Secondly, his "series of bad choices" made him a wealthy, influential celebrity who lived his full life expectancy. How bad have your choices been that you're guaranteed no more life than him and nobody listens to what YOU have to say?

Everyone has regrets and I'm sure George was no different. But, from the perspective of a fan and not a petty moralizer, I say he made me laugh and THAT is worth a lot to me. It doesn't matter that George was drunk, it doesn't matter that Richard Pryor was freebasing and it doesn't matter that Edgar Allen Poe was an opium addict. His art, dark and mystic, spoke of his beauty in a thousand ways that your judgementalism never could of yours. George's was no different.

It never fails that you can't explain art to the closed minded. They're too busy dressing the women with their eyes.
71 is usually short of full life expectancy.

"Comedians" like him and Robin Williams try disparage all the great people in the Catholic Church by lumping them in with the few who broke the rules. That's so unjust. They were just full of hatred. Self-hatred. I see that in everybody who mocks Christianity. That's why they do things to kill themselves, either slowly or all at once. You say they're great because they are rich and famous. But when you hang yourself as Williams did, how happy are you really?

Drugs and drunkenness are immoral because they alter the senses. They also lead to premature death. It's not prudish to oppose these things; it's smart.

This just in.....lou Holtz is not the pope

Film at 11

71 is usually short of full life expectancy.

I'll take 71 Carlin years over 1000 of yours.

"Comedians" like him and Robin Williams try disparage all the great people in the Catholic Church by lumping them in with the few who broke the rules.

How do just a "few" people victimize thousands of children, all over the world, over hundreds of years? Why do you have to excuse pedophilia with your moral reductionism? Anyone who soft sells child rape is not one of the "great" people in the catholic church, they're immoral cultists.

That's so unjust. They were just full of hatred. Self-hatred. I see that in everybody who mocks Christianity.

There's the worst kind of projection. Christianity is oozing self hatred, from original sin to the obsession with the eternal torment of Hell.

If George or Robin hated themselves, it sure as **** wasn't because they mocked christianity. I mean, what's not to mock? Look at how much blood and greed and oppression have been excused in the name of a loving god. You deserve mockery.

That's why they do things to kill themselves, either slowly or all at once. You say they're great because they are rich and famous. But when you hang yourself as Williams did, how happy are you really?

Robin Williams had an incurable disease that would, ultimately, sentence his family to witnessing his inevitable, heartbreaking decline and death. He did the right thing.

George and Robin weren't great because they were rich, don't project your prosperity gospel on me. They were great because they were more honest than any Pope or pulpit pounder that ever lived. Their "agenda" was not totalitarian like that of religion. They didn't want YOU on their side.

Drugs and drunkenness are immoral because they alter the senses.

Oh, how clean and holy you must be. What a pillar of virtue you are never to have your senses altered except by the paranoid, elitist credentials of faith. What a great example for the children to follow blindly.

They also lead to premature death. It's not prudish to oppose these things; it's smart.

There is nothing smart about what you've written. Your superiority complex is a naïve cocoon of intolerance that protects you against a reality to which you will never awake or comprehend. George and Robin were butterflies, you're still a worm.

I'll take 71 Carlin years over 1000 of yours.

How do just a "few" people victimize thousands of children, all over the world, over hundreds of years? Why do you have to excuse pedophilia with your moral reductionism? Anyone who soft sells child rape is not one of the "great" people in the catholic church, they're immoral cultists.

There's the worst kind of projection. Christianity is oozing self hatred, from original sin to the obsession with the eternal torment of Hell.

If George or Robin hated themselves, it sure as **** wasn't because they mocked christianity. I mean, what's not to mock? Look at how much blood and greed and oppression have been excused in the name of a loving god. You deserve mockery.

Robin Williams had an incurable disease that would, ultimately, sentence his family to witnessing his inevitable, heartbreaking decline and death. He did the right thing.

George and Robin weren't great because they were rich, don't project your prosperity gospel on me. They were great because they were more honest than any Pope or pulpit pounder that ever lived. Their "agenda" was not totalitarian like that of religion. They didn't want YOU on their side.

Oh, how clean and holy you must be. What a pillar of virtue you are never to have your senses altered except by the paranoid, elitist credentials of faith. What a great example for the children to follow blindly.

There is nothing smart about what you've written. Your superiority complex is a naïve cocoon of intolerance that protects you against a reality to which you will never awake or comprehend. George and Robin were butterflies, you're still a worm.

There is no reason to insult me, as we are talking about national figures here. As for the priests and sisters, it is grossly unfair to condemn so many, the vast majority, of great people who have devoted their lives in service to mankind just because of the actions of the minority who disobeyed teachings of the Catholic church and did bad things as fallible imperfect humans sometimes do.

As for Carlin and Williams, I am sorry their lives were so unhappy that they killed themselves. As for you, I wish you nothing but peace and happiness.[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to insult me, as we are talking about national figures here. As for the priests and sisters, it is grossly unfair to condemn so many, the vast majority, of great people who have devoted their lives in service to mankind just because of the actions of the minority who disobeyed teachings of the Catholic church and did bad things as fallible imperfect humans sometimes do.

As for Carlin and Williams, I am sorry their lives were so unhappy that they killed themselves. As for you, I wish you nothing but peace and happiness.
[/QUOTE]
You have insulted every poster that didn't agree with you, several times, but no one has a reason to insult you? Why not? You insult people for habits that hurt only themselves but excuse Catholic priests who have committed heinous acts as fallible just like most humans. You insult those who point out the failings of Church. You insult those who have a different opinion about morality than your Church. You insult those that post irrefutable facts. You insult people with political views you don't agree with. Tell us again why there is no reason for us to be insulting to you?

You have insulted every poster that didn't agree with you, several times, but no one has a reason to insult you? Why not? You insult people for habits that hurt only themselves but excuse Catholic priests who have committed heinous acts as fallible just like most humans. You insult those who point out the failings of Church. You insult those who have a different opinion about morality than your Church. You insult those that post irrefutable facts. You insult people with political views you don't agree with. Tell us again why there is no reason for us to be insulting to you?

Yeah, that "explanation" should be good.

That's your opinion. Personally, I respect Carlin, but have no respect whatsoever for Trump.

i try not to insult individual chatters. I insult national figures and bad ideas.

That's your opinion. Personally, I respect Carlin, but have no respect whatsoever for Trump.
Trump is a great disciplined man who has accomplished much in his life. Carlin was a self-loathing drunk and a drug addict who profited from peddling hate against good people and eventually killed himself. The guy entered rehab at age 67, an age where most people have it figured out. At that same age, Trump was contemplating the presidency.

The gay men who raped kids, like Carlin, hated and disobeyed the rules of the Catholic church.
And the church hierarchy protected them....for decades. Let's discuss it further!

Back
Top Bottom