• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Look out Conservative Radio - Air America is Here

How is Franken a racist? That's the first I have heard of this.

And Air America already has their demagogue princess Randi Rhodes. She's just as bad as Rush.

Holy ****, Franken looks like a douche bag in that picture. I mean, he always looks like a douche bag but... damn.

The Real McCoy said:
Holy ****, Franken looks like a douche bag in that picture. I mean, he always looks like a douche bag but... damn.

Can anyone say.......Michael Dukakis:rofl

The Real McCoy said:
Um... in my area she is. 1360 AM is our local Air America station and she's on from 9-12, right before Franken.
But hipster says she isn't. So that's it. Period.

Deegan said:
Can anyone say.......Michael Dukakis:rofl

You know, that is not as dumb as George Bush on the back of an aircraft carrier in a flightsuit with a stuffed codpiece, but it is still stupid. I don't think politicians should be parading around in military equipment, especially if they didn't serve in the military. (Which Dukakis did, but Bush was AWOL from the Air National Guard.)

Axismaster said:
You know, that is not as dumb as George Bush on the back of an aircraft carrier in a flightsuit with a stuffed codpiece, but it is still stupid. I don't think politicians should be parading around in military equipment, especially if they didn't serve in the military. (Which Dukakis did, but Bush was AWOL from the Air National Guard.)

Bush actually flew jets......... next?

KCConservative said:
But hipster says she isn't. So that's it. Period.

Ok, two seconds of research and I'll prove that Stephanie Miller isn't on Air America:

The Stephanie Miller Show was launched in September 2004. It is produced by Democracy Radio, the Pioneer of Progressive Talk, and WYD Media Management. Jones Radio Networks distributes the show.
http://www.stephaniemiller.com/bio/

It took as much digging as it would have for Bill O'Reilly to verify that Silent Night story and the Red and Green clothing in Plano Texas. :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
Ok, two seconds of research and I'll prove that Stephanie Miller isn't on Air America:

It took as much digging as it would have for Bill O'Reilly to verify that Silent Night story and the Red and Green clothing in Plano Texas. :roll:

We get it, you hate Bill, now go grade some papers or something professor.;)

Deegan said:
Bush actually flew jets......... next?

Maybe but then he got bored of it and decided to leave. Imagine what would happen if every soldier could do that.

It's now well established that George W. Bush never showed up for National Guard duty for a period of approximately one year, possibly more, in 1972-1973. Despite all the talk about "honor and dignity," Bush seems to have a problem meeting his commitments.

"Those of us who were in the military wonder how it is that someone who is supposedly serving on active duty...can miss a whole year of service without even explaining where it went," said [Senator John] Kerry.

http://www.awolbush.com/

This has already been proven false. And yet you people try to bring it up over and over again. This really is a harsh blow to the intellectual strength of liberals, and their ability to LET GO. :roll:

hipsterdufus said:

Perhaps 1360 AM in my area turns to Air America at noon... don't know, don't really care.

Axismaster said:

First off Bush landed that jet on the aircraft carrier himself, he was flying the ****ing plane, second off, the Rathergate story is an outrageous lie it was a totally baseless accusation much the same as every other accusation that has been levied against this President.

Che said:
Maybe but then he got bored of it and decided to leave. Imagine what would happen if every soldier could do that.

It's now well established that George W. Bush never showed up for National Guard duty for a period of approximately one year, possibly more, in 1972-1973. Despite all the talk about "honor and dignity," Bush seems to have a problem meeting his commitments.

"Those of us who were in the military wonder how it is that someone who is supposedly serving on active duty...can miss a whole year of service without even explaining where it went," said [Senator John] Kerry.

Well hay if John Kerry says it then it must be true,

well if the case is that a politicians opponents words should be held up as gospil then I guess LBJ's opponent in his first Congressional campaign was litterally a pig ****er.

His staff: "You can't prove that LBJ,"

LBJ: "I know but let's make the bastard deny it."

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
First off Bush landed that jet on the aircraft carrier himself, he was flying the ****ing plane, second off, the Rathergate story is an outrageous lie it was a totally baseless accusation much the same as every other accusation that has been levied against this President.

Yea, it's the reason Rather got booted after 30 or however many years of reporting and yet the far left still clings to this story.

oracle25 said:
This has already been proven false. And yet you people try to bring it up over and over again. This really is a harsh blow to the intellectual strength of liberals, and their ability to LET GO. :roll:

Where was it proven false? Do you have a source?

oracle25 said:

Yes, yes, of course it has. Just like it was proven Iraq had WMDs. Where and when the hell was is proven?

Che said:
Yes, yes, of course it has. Just like it was proven Iraq had WMDs. Where and when the hell was is proven?

I love the fact that you can still take yourselves serioulsy when you base your accusations on a debunked Dan Rather story that ended up getting him fired.

I love the fact that you can still take yourselves serioulsy when you base your accusations on a debunked Dan Rather story that ended up getting him fired.

Are you challenging the almighty, all knowing Che?

He cites nothing but the most reliable, credible and non-partisan sources on the net.

awolbush.com

nov2truth.org

radicalleftwingspinoneverything.org

etc..

The Real McCoy said:
Are you challenging the almighty, all knowing Che?

He cites nothing but the most reliable, credible and non-partisan sources on the net.

awolbush.com

nov2truth.org

radicalleftwingspinoneverything.org

etc..

I know, how dare I disagree with a liberals statement which should just be assumed to be above board simply for the fact that he said it. Substantiating evidence? Who needs it? Not me, his word is good enough. :roll:

The point is that he wasn't anywhere near the airforce from 1972-1973 when he was supposed to be there. I don't care wheter or not he served well before than because he made a commitment and didn't follow up on it. Conservative articles are all over the place on this issue. They say that he helped the air force by not being there. They claim that he was there the entire time but the truth is that he wasn't and everyone should know that.

Che said:
The point is that he wasn't anywhere near the airforce from 1972-1973 when he was supposed to be there. I don't care wheter or not he served well before than because he made a commitment and didn't follow up on it. Conservative articles are all over the place on this issue. They say that he helped the air force by not being there. They claim that he was there the entire time but the truth is that he wasn't and everyone should know that.
Careful, Che. You may lose your job at CBS.

Che said:

I could care less what Bush did in the 70's. It's about as important as Clinton's BJ.

For the record. Mary Mapes, Producer of the CBS story, still is convinced that the story was and is accurate.

St. Paul, Minn,: What is your standard for determining whether they are reliable, let alone forged? Do you need 20 percent certainty? 50 percent? Higher?

Mary Mapes: For me the standard is being convinced myself and as a part of a large group of coworkers. I felt I had four ways of verifying the documents: the endorsement of two of the document analysts, corroboration of Lt. Col. Killian's commander on the content of the memos, vetting of the memos by my group for bad information or small errors and a meshing of the new documents with those in Bush's official record.
Omaha, Neb.: In Appendix 4 of the Independent Review Panel, Peter Tytell, a widely acknowledged typewriter and document examination expert concluded that "the Killian documents were generated on a computer" and that they "were not produced on a typewriter in the 1970s and therefore not authentic." Given his indisputable expertise, wouldn't this end the debate as to whether or not they were forgeries?

Mary Mapes: Not at all. Document analysts disagree all the time. That is the point of the profession. They serve as expert witnesses in cases all the time. It is an art and science that is more akin to hair analysis than to DNA testing.

Besides, there is no one typeface or document analysis God. They are many people with experience.

Cincinnati, Ohio: The CBS memos appear to have been created in Microsoft Word. I've heard you recently say that the documents could not have been created in Microsoft Word. Can you explain?

Mary Mapes: The key is that they APPEAR to have been created in Word. That is a parlor trick that doesn't bear close scrutiny. We are preparing two things on the Web site truthandduty.com which will illustrate this fallacy. One is a comparison between the memos' font and Times New Roman, which was used to supposedly recreate the Word version of the memos. The other bit of evidence is a new exhaustive analysis that shows through wer on the letters that these memos were types not laser printed.

San Diego, Calif.: Do you honestly believe that your political opinions do not in any way influence what stories you decide to pursue?

Mary Mapes: I think every aspect of our lives leads us to cover certain stories. I have lived in Texas for 15 years. That led me to cover Karla Faye Tucker, the Oklahoma City bombing and George W.Bush. He was my governor before he was the president and I had an interest in him and access to information because of where I lived. Proximity not politics led me.

Bentonville, Va.: What was the official reason for your firing from CBS? Do you think you have grounds for a wrongful termination suit if they can't prove the documents were false?

Or is the issue that there were enough reasons to doubt them that the story should have been pulled postponed.

Mary Mapes: I was fired for airing a story that could not definitively be proved false but made CBS's public relations relations department cringe. I guess that was the reason. I am not a lawyer and don't know the ins and outs of a lawsuit. Sometimes in life, you just get hot coffee spilled on you at a restaurant, clean up and walk out rather than sue. I want to get on with my life.

Munich, Germany: If I recall correctly, one of the chief complaints against you regarding the National Guard Documents affair was that you informed someone from the Democratic Party of their existence, immediately after receiving them from your source. This seemed to put your objectivity in doubt.

How do you feel about this, and what are your thoughts on political journalism and the journalist's struggle to remain unbiased while reporting?

Mary Mapes: I did not inform anyone in the democratic party of their existence. Their rumored existence was one of the worst kept secrets in Texas in the summer of 2004. I passed on Bill Burkett's phone number to a press person at Burkett's request because he wanted to give the Kerry team advice about the Swift Boat attacks. I asked for permission before I did it, but I should not have made the call, permission or no. Still, it is pretty mild compared to the regular exchange of information that goes on in Washington, at least according to the Fitzgerald investigation.

Cincinnati, Ohio: Do you have evidence that the new cache of documents are authentic?

Mary Mapes: I have the word of the archivist who pulled them and his long record of splendid work on historical archive materials. His name is Steve Jones and he heads Lyon Research in Virginia.

Washington, D.C.: Are you bitter about your termination with CBS News? Are you trying to "get back" at them for firing you?

Mary Mapes: I am not bitter. I love CBS News and the people there and I always will. I had 15 wonderful years and four bad months. That is more than many can say about their careers. I can't "get back" at them. I did want to report what I thought was a fascinating story of media, politics, and history.

New York City, N.Y.: In your opinion, did Bush do his duty to serve his country in a time of war?

Mary Mapes: No and there are mountains of evidence to back that up.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/11/10/DI2005111001414.html

You can look at a lot of the Docs CBS used for the story at http://truthandduty.com

Bush says he's released all his records...if that's true, then has anyone seen:

Any pages from Bush's flight log
Records from the Flight Inquiry Board convened after Bush was suspended as a pilot
Any evidence of Bush's reclassification into another AFSC after suspension as a pilot
Any photos of George Bush in a military uniform after 1972
Anything at all from any Alabama unit with Bush's name on it
Any copies of form 44a from the Alabama National Guard certifying attendance
Air Force Form 142 (Aviation Service Audit Worksheet)
Anything proving service (not just receipt of pay) by Bush between May 1972 and May 1973?

Nineteen seventy-two was the year George W. Bush dropped off the radar screen.

He abandoned his once-prized status as a National Guard pilot by failing to appear for a required physical. He sought temporary reassignment from the Texas Air National Guard to an Alabama unit but for six months did not show up for training. He signed on as an official in the losing campaign of a Republican Senate candidate in Alabama, and even there he left few impressions other than as an amiable bachelor with a good tennis game and a famous father.

Still, a wider examination of his life in 1972, based on dozens of interviews and other documents released by the White House over the years, yields a portrait of a young man like many other young men of privilege in that turbulent time -- entitled, unanchored and safe from combat, bouncing from a National Guard slot made possible by his family's prominence to a political job arranged through his father.

In a speech on Tuesday at a National Guard convention, Mr. Bush said he was ''proud to be one of them,'' and in his autobiography he writes that his service taught him respect for the chain of command. But a review of records shows that not only did he miss months of duty in 1972, but that he also may have been improperly awarded credit for service, making possible an early honorable discharge so he could turn his attention to a new interest: Harvard Business School.

Mr. Bush first tried to join the 9921 Air Reserve Squadron in Montgomery, which was classified as a ''standby reserve unit.'' Unlike his unit in Texas, the Alabama unit had no planes and its members were neither paid nor required to attend monthly drills.

In July, though, senior Guard officials rejected Mr. Bush's transfer, saying he had to continue with a ''ready reserve unit,'' which requires monthly attendance. In that same period -- the precise timing is not clear -- he did something that brought his dwindling flying ambitions to a close: he failed to take the annual physical exam required of all pilots.

http://select.nytimes.com/search/restricted/article?res=F30E13FD3E5D0C738EDDA00894DC404482

Last edited:
I know, how dare I disagree with a liberals statement which should just be assumed to be above board simply for the fact that he said it. Substantiating evidence? Who needs it? Not me, his word is good enough. :roll:

weird, sounds kind of like what cons said to me when I challenged Iraq having connections with Osama and having WMDs before the war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634313/

guess I was wrong, huh? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom